[Proposal] Corey Perry - Would you?

7 minutes ago, Tusk said:

I guess some people never really lived out of momma's basement. Life happens when you make mistakes, own up to them, change, grow. I appeciate your support Rekker.

No assumptions, you are one tight assed dude who is better and more upright and more socially perfect than everyone. I bet you think you should be a judge and jury.

I know the type to well, deal with them all the time and I've grown tired of them

Just now, GrammaInTheTub said:

I don’t see anything ban worthy in your dialogue. I don’t always agree with you or Miss Korea, but I think you both just (respectfully) disagree. Nothing wrong with that.

No, I don't think this is a respectful disagreement anymore.  Nothing banworthy but it's already devolved into name-calling and personal attacks now.

Just now, Miss Korea said:

No, I don't think this is a respectful disagreement anymore.  Nothing banworthy but it's already devolved into name-calling and personal attacks now.

I apologize. But I was personally offended when you assume Perry did something horrible and maybe did not. I lived through that and even though it was 6 years ago I am still affected by rumors and innuendos of what might have happened.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Who wants to get back to actual relevant discussion? See above?

I think we should take Perry. With the HUGE social discount in pay, that has been brought up here I think we could get him for less than some of our ABBY players, on a 2 way contract. 

I dont really know how to make the cap work TODAY but I am sure we got some good cap lawyers in the Canucks org who could make it work without losing anyone

17 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Bringing us back to centre:

Where do you see Perry landing if it’s not here? I could see LA, Detroit or Boston. Have the money and play to his style. 

Obnoxiously drunk in a pub somewhere... 🤣 😄 

Edited by Bobby Lou
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Tusk said:

I think we should take Perry. With the HUGE social discount in pay, that has been brought up here I think we could get him for less than some of our ABBY players, on a 2 way contract. 

I dont really know how to make the cap work TODAY but I am sure we got some good cap lawyers in the Canucks org who could make it work without losing anyone

And that’s the draw. Perry with his pedigree and experience would seem to be a no brainer in place of say a Karlsson who can continue to get great minutes in the AHL. I see the appeal for sure. I just really like the way we look at present too and don’t think he’s the piece I’d bring in. If we do, I welcome him and hope for the best and trust management is in their job and not me for a reason haha! 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

And that’s the draw. Perry with his pedigree and experience would seem to be a no brainer in place of say a Karlsson who can continue to get great minutes in the AHL. I see the appeal for sure. I just really like the way we look at present too and don’t think he’s the piece I’d bring in. If we do, I welcome him and hope for the best and trust management is in their job and not me for a reason haha! 

He might not be the greatest piece but if we can do it without giving up someone..... I mean its like gravy. Kuz can stay. Garlunds ok. Myers can play.

Not a chance.

We've worked so hard as a team to silence narratives and eliminate the noise around the organization. Adding a side show in Perry would disrupt that peace and potentially shatter the room chemistry.

We have a good thing going, don't mess it up with a virus like him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Not a chance.

We've worked so hard as a team to silence narratives and eliminate the noise around the organization. Adding a side show in Perry would disrupt that peace and potentially shatter the room chemistry.

I guess that is my point. If we take him on a 2 way and there is any disruption we can just put him in Abby but if his problem was related to drinking, I am sure that is correctable. If we can add to the team without taking away someone, that is a huge benefit. We can keep kuzy? garlund, myers, Hogz? even Podz? like this is worth a trial.

10 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Not a chance.

Maybe the Canucks organization and Team accountability that has been built is exactly what Perry needs to kick ass.

• Upvote 1

i don't mind perry for 1mil on the 4th line... add some grit playoff and cup experience to the lineup.. outside of cole.. this team really doesn't have much cup or playoff experience.. perry have more playoff games than almost 3/4 of the team combined

• ThereItIs 2

Meh.

CHI terminated this contract for a reason.  Which prompted the Beau trade.  Then allowed VAN to trade for Zad.

So thanks Perry!!!  But that’s as far as I’ll go.  Don’t think we should sign him.  Don’t need the distraction at all.  Even if he could be sent down…guess what…it meant he was a distraction.  

Would rather have PA focus on getting a top 6 C/W or even depth D.

3 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Not a chance.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. 

I think bringing in Perry with the narrative that has surrounded him, could very well bring a disturbance to the room. That room right now is gold. They're on the same page, they're winning, things are good. If management is going to be bringing a few pieces to upgrade the roster, they better be character guys that won't disturb the room. We've seen what has happened when the room is shattered - they fall off a cliff. 

• Cheers 2

11 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

Corey Perry is now eligible to be signed as a free agent. Assuming he would be signed for less than $1.5M (pro-rated), would you take a flyer and add him?

Yes, has warts and there is the Chicago incident to factor in. However, a proven performer and I would add that would have something to prove over the balance of this season on a "show me" contract.

Pros: short leash, can be instantly buried in the minors on a waiver if things don't go as planned, could pan out as a impact winger for no assets other than cash, brings it in the playoffs

Cons: old, possible distraction, not a good fit on the team, <insert your own>

I would on a low-risk contract and while I am spending Aquaman's money I think there are the coaches to put a very short leash on him and team mates to hold him accountable. Low-Risk - High Reward ... I would say yes (tentatively).

Meanwhile, look for upgrades as per usual. 

EDIT: Mods: please move / merge, noticed is in wrong forum.

EDIT 2: 23/23 means a contract has to be off the roster so I would assume (if I am correct) that someone like Karlsson would go down. So the other question would be is Perry > Karlsson right now. 

I would lean towards 'no' since it would likely cause too much of a negative distraction.  

I'm also not sure if Perry's speed/skating, at this stage of his career, would be a good fit for Tocchy hockey.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

9 hours ago, PAVEL_BURE10 said:

Besides kuz missing, who is perry and maroon replacing?? Having a brain fart right now lol

Haha, glad I'm not the only one.  Our depth is pretty amazing this year.  So many legitimate players that we can't remember everyone all the time 🤣

Aman and Lafferty are replaced.  Would be nice to have those 2 as backup for the playoffs, not to mention DiGiuseppe too.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Living here in Dallas (ish) and playing on a team with many STHs, I can say they along with local sports radio pundits (those who care lol) would LOVE to have him back. The fact that he has been re-instated tells me that maybe this issue was not as big as perceived and might have been CHI's way of protecting themselves in light of "Beach Gate" to avoid further scrutiny. As one who has been drunk and made a fool of myself at parties and even team-related events in the past, I would not be surprised if he showed his ass in Nashville after one too many Mules. Happens to the best of us, but we have to learn and hope to not repeat it (I am sober now thank Hockey Jesus).

• Cheers 3