[Proposal] Corey Perry - Would you?

44 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Absolutely fucking not.

The last thing this team needs is someone with chracter issues.

I can’t say 100%, but it’s seems like he’s been a good person / teammate by all accounts. 

So, if we assume that that’s true and this was a one off (mistake) and it wasn’t criminal etc…how is that character issues?!

If that’s the the case, then I guess, minus kids, all adults have character issues because no one is perfect and we all make mistakes at some point in our life, even good people!

Being disappointed in someone’s behaviour etc is one thing, but some terms being thrown around on here are wrong and unfair, especially since no one knows exactly what he did!!

Edited by 88Canuck
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

I’d rather sign Kessel. He can provide depth scoring, be just as cheap and he’s pretty much universally loved by teammates, so there’d be no issues there.

Perry is also pretty much universally loved by his teammates, apparently. Sign them both for playoff depth.

For the record, I appreciate all the comments made in this thread, some with passion, others with a tongue in cheek, a few with ambivalence,  none from the point of view of a non-Canuck fan.

It is the latter I wish to focus on. We are all, at least I hope so, Canucks fans and want our team to succeed. Reading through this thread, being derailed a bit a times, shows me we have passionate fans. Setting aside what can and can't be said, what the mods will or will not moderate, this is a safe place to have a discussion, arguments even and if need be gun fights. 

But as @Sharpshooter mentioned, attack the post not the poster. Reminds me of Pierre Trudeau who said something similar to a young Justin then mocking Joe Clark thinking he would please his father. 

Many clubs would kill to have the passionate fan base we have, let's not wreck it. Love the passion, love this team and ❤️ to everyone on this forum.

On that note, GO Canucks GO.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theglobeandmail.com/amp/news/politics/jetaimepapa-justin-trudeaus-2000-eulogy/article26923529/

And said: Justin, [in translation] we never attack the individual. We can be in total disagreement with someone, without denigrating them as a consequence, and, saying that, he stood up, took me by the hand and brought me over to introduce me to this man.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

I can’t speak for others, but I will say that my trust is in the process followed by the NHL in the Perry situation in light of recent scandals. I do not have same level of trust in Bettman or the NHL to handle ALL issues the same. Just saying this was likely handled very delicately by all parties. As others have stated, Chicago may have overreacted to just avoid any and all future drama altogether. We may never know. 

Also, I don’t recall Perry ever saying he was suffering from alcoholism. He said he made a poor decision/mistake and is apologetic and would be working on himself - or words to that effect - but he did not say alcoholism. If it was alcoholism he’d be in the player assistance program - this would appear to be (in his mind at least and as his record would demonstrate) a one off bad decision.

If Perry did state alcoholism somewhere, I’d like you to show me. If not, I strongly urge you to reconsider throwing accusations of that illness around. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ericmacramalla/2023/12/04/could-the-nhlpa-rely-on-alcoholism-in-a-corey-perry-grievance/?sh=2c9aa4d01a6c

After being terminated, Perry said he has struggled with alcohol and is seeking help. “I have started working with experts in the mental health and substance abuse fields to discuss my struggles with alcohol, and I will take whatever steps necessary to ensure this never happens again,” Perry said in the statement.

• Cheers 1

19 hours ago, Tusk said:

I guess that is my point. If we take him on a 2 way and there is any disruption we can just put him in Abby but if his problem was related to drinking, I am sure that is correctable. If we can add to the team without taking away someone, that is a huge benefit. We can keep kuzy? garlund, myers, Hogz? even Podz? like this is worth a trial.

19 hours ago, Tusk said:

Maybe the Canucks organization and Team accountability that has been built is exactly what Perry needs to kick ass.

And now impact our prospects who are young and impressionable? Ryan Johnson has worked hard with Colliton to make Abbotsford a great development team in the AHL with great veterans with Chase Wouters, John Stevens, and Christian Wolanin. They aren't going to exposekey prospects like Podkolzin, Woo, McWard, Hirose, Bains, McDonough, Klimovich and SIlovs to someone like that. There are tons of other winning pedigree veterans you can bring in, risking any semblence of peace in the organization just to try a 38 year old washed up project, is just asking for trouble. Why tempt fate right now? This organization is finally at a place of stability for once. To jeopardize all of that is not worth it.

We aren't in the business to rehabilitate Corey Perry and hand out services to players. We are here to win, and we can do that acquiring other guys who are serious about conducting themselves professionally on and off the ice. This organization has worked hard to silence the drama that has been plaguing the team for years by bringing in a business-like approach.

The phiilosophy JR, Allvin, and Tocchet have brought to this team that its about the team first...individual second. Lets stick to players who bring that same focus rather than bringing potential distractions.

• Cheers 3

10 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

There are no character issues. There's is not one human on earth who hasn't made mistakes and caused situations they are embarrassed about..

Correy Perry is and has been a glue guy on every team he's been on. His past team mates know his value on a team. He's a huge plus on any team. 

Tampa seems to be interested in bringing him back because they know what he brings to the locker room. 

We probably won't be on top if his list but if he was to sign here I'd be ecstatic. 

Not knowing the details of what happened he’s been a productive piece on many cup runs and wins and was looking pretty good in Chicago before whatever this was.

If management signed him I’d believe they did their due diligence and he would be a helpful piece.

im with ya 

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

And now impact our prospects who are young and impressionable? Ryan Johnson has worked hard with Colliton to make Abbotsford a great development team in the AHL with great veterans with Chase Wouters, John Stevens, and Christian Wolanin. They aren't going to exposekey prospects like Podkolzin, Woo, McWard, Hirose, Bains, McDonough, Klimovich and SIlovs to someone like that. There are tons of other winning pedigree veterans you can bring in, risking any semblence of peace in the organization just to try a 38 year old washed up project, is just asking for trouble. Why tempt fate right now? This organization is finally at a place of stability for once. To jeopardize all of that is not worth it.

We aren't in the business to rehabilitate Corey Perry and hand out services to players. We are here to win, and we can do that acquiring other guys who are serious about conducting themselves professionally on and off the ice. This organization has worked hard to silence the drama that has been plaguing the team for years by bringing in a business-like approach.

The phiilosophy JR, Allvin, and Tocchet have brought to this team that its about the team first...individual second. Lets stick to players who bring that same focus rather than bringing potential distractions.

Hear! Hear!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

There are no character issues. There's is not one human on earth who hasn't made mistakes and caused situations they are embarrassed about..

Correy Perry is and has been a glue guy on every team he's been on. His past team mates know his value on a team. He's a huge plus on any team. 

Tampa seems to be interested in bringing him back because they know what he brings to the locker room. 

We probably won't be on top if his list but if he was to sign here I'd be ecstatic. 

I like your comment 

kick that cancel culture to the curb…

everyone needs a second chance…

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

3 hours ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Hear! Hear!

11 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ericmacramalla/2023/12/04/could-the-nhlpa-rely-on-alcoholism-in-a-corey-perry-grievance/?sh=2c9aa4d01a6c

After being terminated, Perry said he has struggled with alcohol and is seeking help. “I have started working with experts in the mental health and substance abuse fields to discuss my struggles with alcohol, and I will take whatever steps necessary to ensure this never happens again,” Perry said in the statement.

This is sad… dude needs help to exorcise those demons… 

I hope he gets the help he needs…

Package myers + 1st for to Calgary for tanev 

than sign perry and kessel to league min deals with whatever money we have left for doing that trade 

Then trade kuzzy for a 2nd line centre 

top 6 

boeser- petey - Miller 

Perry- trade - kessel 

Got it all figured out 😉

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, CaptainQuin said:

than sign perry and kessel to league min deals with whatever money we have left for doing that trade 

top 6 

boeser- petey - Miller 

Perry- trade - kessel 

Got it all figured out 😉

1) Huge overpay for Tanev

2) That second line is a lot worse than our current one is unless we somehow get the 2016 versions of Perry and Kessel

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, CaptainQuin said:

top 6 

boeser- petey - Miller 

Perry- trade - kessel 

Got it all figured out 😉

Tanev is great, but he’s not going to require a 1st and Myers. Calgary probably wouldn’t want Myers anyway. They’re looking to trade players away from there.  

2 hours ago, JayDangles said:

I think he's just going through something.....

Dude had to point out that he prefers chicks…

some dude musta hit on him I guess… 

intense man… that’s going through something…

Who Knows Idk GIF

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS
  • Upvote 1

Distractions we don't want. Perry's issues are still his to deal with. This team, as it is, can still remain as a well oiled machine.

Most of our trade requests here do not meet what Perry brings. The trickle down effect may very well disrupt chemistry. Issues do not heal overnight.