[GDT] Vancouver @ Pittsburgh - Thursday, January 11th - 4pt/7et - SNO/E/P/650. -The Back Half Edition-

Chickenspear

6 hours ago, CanuckMan said:

It will be a big night. As much as I will be watching the Canucks I will be keeping an eye on the other scoreboards.

LA vs. Florida hopefully Florida wins

Vegas vs. Bruins - can’t believe I’m saying it but I hope the bruins win. Vegas lost to Colorado yesterday and this is a back to back game for them so hopefully they’re gassed.

Winning the division will be the key to winning the first round. I would rather have LA/Vegas finish 2nd/3rd in the division and face each other. 

Yeah winning the division is actually really important this year.  With VGK and LAK being powerhouses this year, we really don't want to have to face either one as we get our first true taste of playoff hockey in a decade.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Yeah winning the division is actually really important this year.  With VGK and LAK being powerhouses this year, we really don't want to have to face either one as we get our first true taste of playoff hockey in a decade.

With how the Kings and Vegas are now struggling could one drop out of the top 3? IMHAO the Stinky Soilers will pass the Kings and finish third.The Kings’ two key players are old. They will continue to fall off. 

• ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

With how the Kings and Vegas are now struggling could one drop out of the top 3? IMHAO the Stinky Soilers will pass the Kings and finish third.The Kings’ two key players are old. They will continue to fall off. 

Maybe.  Still wouldn't want to play an LAK team that is very defensive.  It's tough playing against those kinds of teams in the playoffs. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

8 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Maybe.  Still wouldn't want to play an LAK team that is very defensive.  It's tough playing against those kinds of teams in the playoffs. 

Yup. And the West has a lot of really good clubs. Will need to play our best to beat any of the teams in a series. We do have Demko though. We will have a big advantage in goal over teams like the Kings. And we have Hughes. Only the Avs can match that level of great D man. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Should be a really fun game! Hoping DeSmith gets the nod against his former team. He's played so well that I'd feel confident with him in net against any team. 

Boys need to give their usual effort, and the results will follow. We are rolling right now and another W here would be huge!

Go Nucks!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

Is that including the remaining games in this road trip?

Yep.

Next road trip is shorter but brutal times, Carolina, boston then sat at the red wings at 1 ET, sun at caps at 1:30. 

(Also @ chicago but not east)

Edited by OldFaithfulcap
h
  • Thanks 1