[GDT] Vancouver @ Pittsburgh - Thursday, January 11th - 4pt/7et - SNO/E/P/650. -The Back Half Edition-

Chickenspear

34 minutes ago, RookieFan said:

LOL It's kind sick to watch Canucks dominate every game it's boring..  sure people will say I am crazy to complain but playing games that you dominate over and over isn't fun for fans because it's like watching men play vs Boys.

This has to be the weirdest take I've ever seen from a supposed fan. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

People are entitled to their opinion whether you agree with it or not.  Use the ignore function and move on

To a certain extent, yes.

But the guidelines cover some things that would be applicable here. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

You will be tolerant and respectful of your fellow visitors.

Do not:

• Start flame wars, troll or otherwise post with intent to provoke other posters.

But is nice and fun.Cmon Deb

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Need to pickup another C at the deadline, they can't split up the lotto line ever again

Reinhart would have been great when he was available. Could have brought him home. 

1 minute ago, Lemon Face said:

But is nice and fun.Cmon Deb

Oh I'm ok with it...but I fire back and that's probably not good.

You guys are the voice of the forum...if everyone's ok, I'm good. But if people are getting annoyed, hit the call button.

• Cheers 3

Just now, Crimson JH said:

I’m a bit late to the party and look like I missed out a fantastic 1st period! 

The way we’ve shakes our starting issues lately - I wouldn’t doubt we’re in for a treat to start the second just the same. The slow start issues are getting further away in the rear view mirror - let’s keep it that way! 

• Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, RookieFan said:

All teams go through cycles of not making them playoffs not just the Canucks and one would argue its better for teams mental psyche and fan emotional levels to not even make the playoffs vs making them and being bounced first round over and over which isn't any better.

Canucks weren't good since 2014 sure but they were super entertaining and that's my entire point. As a fan to me entertainment is what matters high octane scoring win or lose as long as its fun I am game, but to win every game and steam roll opponents a lot of people will agree with ME can be boring.

Okay, you're a rookie fan.  I assume you are younger than a lot of us in here.  You gotta understand that many of us have suffered through so many years of actual boring hockey.......like watching games where we are already behind by 3 goals halfways through the game and knowing we do not have enough talent to come back. Now that's boring.  Only briefly, a few years here and there where we dominated other teams on a consistent basis since 1970.

We got a lot to make up for. This is NOT boring.  If it is, pinch yourself and appreciate what we have right now. I'm revelling in every minute.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

I hope Petey is reasonable. We cannot afford to become another team like the leafs, with lots of money tied up in select few players. If you look at our success this season, part of the reason is because when our top players are off, we have enough secondary scoring to keep winning. 

We're already gonna be in tough with all the other players we will want to retain and are up for contract renewal. We all know how much he wants to win, and that's difficult if he gets greedy. With escalating contracts like Nylander's, it's hard to think he wouldn't be considering asking for 12-13, but I'd really like to see him settle on 11. I just read a headline that McDavid's contract was loosely to be something like a million or so more before he requested it get lowered.

He understood the assignment.

Edited by Reznor

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

Oh I'm ok with it...but I fire back and that's probably not good.

You guys are the voice of the forum...if everyone's ok, I'm good. But if people are getting annoyed, hit the call button.

We thought you love us🥲

Just now, Reznor said:

I hope Petey is reasonable. We cannot afford to become another team like the leafs, with lots of money tied up in select few players. If you look at our success this season, part of the reason is because when our top players are off, we have enough secondary scoring to keep winning. 

We're already gonna be in tough with all the other players we will want to retain and are up for contract renewal. We all know how much he wants to win, and that's difficult if he gets greedy. With escalating contracts like Nylander's, it's hard to think he wouldn't be looking for 12-13, but I'd really like to see him settle on 11. I just read a headline that McDavid's contract was loosely to be something like a million or so more before he requested it get lowered.

His contract is starting with a 12, and that's fine honestly. He's worth it.

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Need to pickup another C at the deadline, they can't split up the lotto line ever again

That's a tough one.... 

I suppose we just need to improve upon Aman, but getting a 2nd line center and sliding Suter down to 4th line would be the real improvement. 

Improving on Friedman as a 7th/8th dman would be the only other option. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Reznor said:

We're already gonna be in tough with all the other players we will want to retain and are up for contract renewal. We all know how much he wants to win, and that's difficult if he gets greedy. With escalating contracts like Nylander's, it's hard to think he wouldn't be considering asking for 12-13, but I'd really like to see him settle on 11. I just read a headline that McDavid's contract was loosely to be something like a million or so more before he requested it get lowered.

$12m, minimum imo

19 minutes ago, RookieFan said:

All teams go through cycles of not making them playoffs not just the Canucks and one would argue its better for teams mental psyche and fan emotional levels to not even make the playoffs vs making them and being bounced first round over and over which isn't any better.

Canucks weren't good since 2014 sure but they were super entertaining and that's my entire point. As a fan to me entertainment is what matters high octane scoring win or lose as long as its fun I am game, but to win every game and steam roll opponents a lot of people will agree with ME can be boring.

Mind telling me what the F... we're all doing here and rootin for? Just because we don't have a SC yet; It's a very good chance for one this year, as it has been before.

• Cheers 1