[GDT] Vancouver @ Pittsburgh - Thursday, January 11th - 4pt/7et - SNO/E/P/650. -The Back Half Edition-

Chickenspear

1 minute ago, stawns said:

That's how it used to be.......get in trouble, shoot it over the glass.  Standard play, multiple times a game

I remember playing a game at about 14 against the 16 year old team where we had no delay of game penalty. We went up early 2-1 on a nice goal and shot it out over the glass at least 20-30 times in a row. Every chance we got.  They were running out of pucks lol.

They were so pissed ... lol and rightly so. Our coach educated us that it was not exactly the most sporting like of conduct. That team hadn't lost in about 2 years so at least we broke their streak.

Completely off-topic: If I see that Save-On Foods commercial one more time I think I'll spontaneously combust. Why is it with commercials depicting families that the kids are always smart and the dad is always a simpleton boob?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

He is worth more than his paycheck now at least. I mean he got 5m in September. 1 mil now for the season is worth it. Too bad about the cap hit.

I can see him being willing to take a haircut to stay with the team, especially if they go far in the playoffs. 

Oh, and death to all Decepticons!

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Curmudgeon said:

Completely off-topic: If I see that Save-On Foods commercial one more time I think I'll spontaneously combust. Why is it with commercials depicting families that the kids are always smart and the dad is always a simpleton boob?

Real world kids on there devises, dad is no longer there and in his one bedroom apartment. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

I give Tocchet and the rest of the coach staff full credit for that. how many umpteen coaches did we have before that couldn't correct our PK 

Cast of characters had a lot to do with at as well. And a rebuilding team with those "umpteen coaches before" can only do so much with what they have to work with. Not to say we can't also give credit to the new coaches for  improvements, but just that it's not some cut and dry thing there.

Edited by Randy Marsh

3 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Proud simpleton boob dad here :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Randy Marsh said:

Cast of characters had a lot to do with at as well. And a rebuilding team with those "umpteen coaches before" can only do so much with what they have to work with. Not to say we can't also give credit to the new coaches for  improvements, but just that it's not some cut and dry thing.

Those past umpteen coaches where teaching our players how to be the worst in the League, Tocchet is doing it the right way.  

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1