[GDT] Vancouver @ Pittsburgh - Thursday, January 11th - 4pt/7et - SNO/E/P/650. -The Back Half Edition-

Chickenspear

3 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Proud simpleton boob dad here :classic_laugh:

Age and parenting have worn out my brain. I used to be really smart, but my kids are definitely outpacing me now. They are so quick to figure things out, where it takes my old brain a lot longer  

9 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Completely off-topic: If I see that Save-On Foods commercial one more time I think I'll spontaneously combust. Why is it with commercials depicting families that the kids are always smart and the dad is always a simpleton boob?

Are you a father?

7 minutes ago, Devron said:

Our coaching staff is so badass. Never thought we’d have Foote 

It's been mentioned before but I get such a kick out of thinking about our coaching staff in their prime as a starting lineup.  Tocchet with the Sedins, and Foote and Gonchar on defence.  That's a completely world class starting 5.  Put any goalie in you like and we'd win against pretty much any opponent.  Of course coaching is a different ball game but knowing what to do yourself isn't a bad starting point.  Go Canucks Go!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Completely off-topic: If I see that Save-On Foods commercial one more time I think I'll spontaneously combust. Why is it with commercials depicting families that the kids are always smart and the dad is always a simpleton boob?

And doesn't that Dad look like OEL is moonlighting for pocket money?

8 minutes ago, NucksFan said:

Same, Sakic is my all time favourite player

Having a flashback at a buddy’s stag in Whistler and partying with Joes fiancé and her stagette the same night at the savage beagle  . She said she needed to collect  certain items for that evening and needed men’s jockeys. So I ran to the washroom and obliged . Ten minutes later she is standing on a speaker waving my gonch around like a crazy woman! 

Edited by Falcons
  • Haha 3

Everybody knows Crosby will go into the Hall of Fame on his first ballot... in fact, the NHL will waive the waiting period, and he'll be in immediately.

Such a complete player.

However, he's not quite what he used to be and doesn't have the team either...

And the Canucks are going for #4 in the trip.  😉

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

Those past umpteen coaches where teaching our players how to be the worst in the League, Tocchet is doing it the right way.  

Cast of characters had a lot to do with at as well. And a rebuilding team with those "umpteen coaches before" can only do so much with what they have to work with. Not to say we can't also give credit to the new coaches for  improvements, but just that it's not some cut and dry thing.

I remember all the haters shit talking Tocchet when he was first hired here and how bad of a coach he his referencing win loss record this and that with previous teams. Quality of players matters.   You could have the best coach in the history of the world. But it doesn't matter if you don't have the players to actually execute what you want them to do.

Again, give the coaches credit, sure. But it's not some cut and dry thing being "all just coaching."  Not true.

Edited by Randy Marsh
  • Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

it's because the kids go shopping with their moms so they probably know the store far better then Dad. It's true for me, I will always buy the wrong thing just to get out of the store

Just now, -Buzzsaw- said:

Everybody knows Crosby will go into the Hall of Fame on his first ballot... in fact, the NHL will waive the waiting period, and he'll be in immediately.

Such a complete player.

However, he's not quite what he used to be and doesn't have the team either...

And the Canucks are going for #4 in the trip.  😉

He's having one of his best seasons in a few years. Still a ppg player, which he's been every season since joining the NHL. Still elite. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Falcons said:

Having a flashback at a buddy’s stag in Whistler and partying with Joes fiancé and her stagette the same night at the savage beagle  . She said she needed to collect  certain items for that evening and needed men’s jockeys. So I ran to the washroom and obliged . Ten minutes later she is standing on a speaker waving my gonch around like a crazy woman! 

That’s an all timer for sure