[GDT] Vancouver @ Pittsburgh - Thursday, January 11th - 4pt/7et - SNO/E/P/650. -The Back Half Edition-

Chickenspear

5 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Cast of characters had a lot to do with at as well. And a rebuilding team with those "umpteen coaches before" can only do so much with what they have to work with. Not to say we can't also give credit to the new coaches for  improvements, but just that it's not some cut and dry thing.

I remember all the haters shit talking Tocchet when he was first hired here and how bad of a coach he his referencing win loss record this and that with previous teams. Quality of players matters.   You could have the best coach in the history of the world. But it doesn't matter if you don't have the players to actually execute what you want them to do.

Again, give the coaches credit, sure. But it's not some cut and dry thing being "all just coaching."  Not true.

And for all the past haters of Tocchet I think It had to do with all the talk about re-tools. For me it was because if you are going to push for the play offs why not bring in a much more experienced coach. What I didn't factor in was how much experience JR had to understand Tocchet was the right coach for this team