[GDT] Vancouver @ Pittsburgh - Thursday, January 11th - 4pt/7et - SNO/E/P/650. -The Back Half Edition-

Chickenspear

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Totally.  The best Canucks jersey of all time IMO.  Black ones just look so mean.

The only thing that isn't good about them is the TD logo clashes with it lol.

Black skate has always been my favourite jersey.

2 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

I would not be adverse at all to playing DeSmith. He is a good goalie and the revenge option is funny as heck.

Yah! Same here!  I figured they would go Demmer though.  Well even as a back-up, he still has something to say...

8c1rjh.jpg

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

The hilarious part was the crying about poor Marleau being picked on by the big bully.  Marleau was *BIGGER* than Bieksa & Marleau challenged Bieksa from what I recall!

Nailed it!  For sure.   Bieksa was the main reason we beat SJ.   Totally got in their heads.   Luongo was great too. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 4

36 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

Some of those fights from the 80's were unreal no attempt the defend yourself at all just all offense throwing haymakers

Ryp taught them all many lessons in self-defense as well as offense, e.g. work the little ribs til the face shows up.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Yah! Same here!  I figured they would go Demmer though.  Well even as a back-up, he still has something to say...

8c1rjh.jpg

Demko stats not that great against Pitt.
3 GP (0-3-0), 4.78 GAA, .882 SV%

I hope we play DeSmith.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Nailed it!  For sure.   Bieksa was the main reason we beat SJ.   Totally got in their heads.   Luongo was great too. 

Henrik Sedin was the MVP of that series. 12 points in 5 games, he scored or assisted on 60% of our goals in that series. Juice had some big moments, no doubt, but Henrik was the one who carried the team imo.

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

44 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

Henrik Sedin was the MVP of that series. 12 points in 5 games, he scored or assisted on 60% of our goals in that series. Juice had some big moments, no doubt, but Henrik was the one who carried the team imo.

If you remember, SJ was carrying the play.   Bieksa, Luongo and Kesler were the front runners for the Conn Smythe that were named going into the final; and Tim Thomas.    I disagree, and agree.   Bieksa was the momentum changer, or the momentum keeper.     We were outplayed for long stretches in the final games.    Don't disagree by that Hank was doing his part too, we don't win without that either.    It was a heck of a series.   

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

Yeah Henrik was deadly. Showed another level. Bieksa put the seal on it.

• Cheers 1

Will be hard to keep consistently winning and scoring the way we have in the last 3 games but hopefully the Pens will play pretty loosely and the Lotto line strike again. I think our depth will come up big against Pittsburgh's bottom-6. Can't be scoring 5-6 goals every game and surely we'll blow up in the next game or two, so think this might be a bit of a lull for us.

4-3 Canucks

4 hours ago, Silent Man said:

RT has completely won the room. I got that feeling that guys can go through a wall for him

Think the fact he walks to walk matters....

Not only has he done it all, but he still has the fire in him...

Brilliant coach.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, IBatch said:

If you remember, SJ was carrying the play.   Bieksa, Luongo and Kesler were the front runners for the Conn Smythe that were named going into the final; and Tim Thomas.    I disagree.   Bieksa was the momentum changer, or the momentum keeper.     

Kesler and Lou were in the conversation for sure. I don't recall Bieksa getting Smythe talk, but he definitely had the big, emotional moments of the series. The break away goal, Marleau fight, and the series winning OT goal were the most memorable part of the series. But Henrik was consistently killing the Sharks all over the ice, maybe wasn't as flashy, but was consistently brilliant.

I think SJ was only carrying in the play in games 4 and 5 too, games 1 and 2 were convincing Canuck wins, game 3 was close. Lou was a monster in games 4 and 5!

3 hours ago, Canuck You said:

Toch won me over so fast!

Just love that man.... so honest and hard. Pushing the players as well as the coaching staff to new heights...

As for his treatment of Kuzmenko... He states clearly in that interview, that things can be tweaked, but there are certain things he want and are non negotiable... Its up to Kuz to find it or he'll be gone. 

In saying this, he has benched a few players, and all have come back better players....

• Like 2