[Discussion] Who Would You Be Willing to Trade Lekkerimaki or Willander for?

We know these 2 are nearly untouchable, but are there any players that could be possibly acquired for either of them?

Are there any players in particular that you would be willing to trade either one for? 

Clearly Bedard, McDavid, Matthews, Makar, Fox, etc. would never be traded right now, so any others in mind?

Personally, I'd never trade Willander.  Top blue chip RHD are WAY too difficult to acquire.  Simply can't afford to trade one away when it's arguably the most difficult position to fill.

I'd be willing to move Lekkerimaki for certain players...

Mason McTavish -- with Gauthier added, maybe ANA would be willing to part with one of their centres (Zegras, McTavish, Carlsson, and Gauthier all down the middle)

Joel Eriksson Ek -- 26yo, 50 to 60 point 2C, but extremely effective defensively.  Locked in long term on an extremely good cap hit - $5.25M AAV.

Rasmus Andersson -- 26yo, top pairing RHD still locked into a fantastic contract - $4.55M AAV.

Nemec or Jiricek -- unlikely to happen, but with Drysdale moved for Gauthier, you never know.

That's really about it for me.  Other players are either highly unlikely to be traded or simply untouchable, whereas anything less than this, I wouldn't be willing to move JL.

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, HKSR said:

We know these 2 are nearly untouchable, but are there any players that could be possibly acquired for either of them?

Are there any players in particular that you would be willing to trade either one for? 

Clearly Bedard, McDavid, Matthews, Makar, Fox, etc. would never be traded right now, so any others in mind?

Personally, I'd never trade Willander.  Top blue chip RHD are WAY too difficult to acquire.  Simply can't afford to trade one away when it's arguably the most difficult position to fill.

Mason McTavish -- with Gauthier added, maybe ANA would be willing to part with one of their centres (Zegras, McTavish, Carlsson, and Gauthier all down the middle)

Joel Eriksson Ek -- 26yo, 50 to 60 point 2C, but extremely effective defensively.  Locked in long term on an extremely good cap hit - $5.25M AAV.

Rasmus Andersson -- 26yo, top pairing RHD still locked into a fantastic contract - $4.55M AAV.

Nemec or Jiricek -- unlikely to happen, but with Drysdale moved for Gauthier, you never know.

That's really about it for me.  Other players are either highly unlikely to be traded or simply untouchable, whereas anything less than this, I wouldn't be willing to move JL.

Ekblad or McAvoy. That being said, the best course of action is to leave those talented young players in the Canucks system.

• Cheers 2

Nothing immediate comes to mind--if these guys could become solid NHL-level contributors while still on ELCs, they could be invaluable in maintaining our window. For instance, we might lose some depth next year due to expiring contracts, but if Lekkerimaki is amazing right out of the gate and scores 60 points, then we've still got a pretty powerful offense at a very cheap price. That kind of thing is what enables teams to be elite for extended periods of time.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

From the farm: I think we should certainly hang onto Podz, Raty, Willander and Lekkerimaki. No need to sacrifice futures for nows when the nows are already stellar. 

I like Bains, Pettersson the D, Silovs, Jurmo, Brzustewicz, Hirose and Klimovich too, but would understand moving them if it helps.

From the main club I can see moving Myers and Garland somehow, perhaps with one or two of those on the line above for improved D. I think we have all the wingers we can handle right now, some are clamouring for a 2nd line C; but I think we are good there. One more D up grade is on my books though. 

Not willing to move either at this time.

Vancouver has put a lot of work into building organizational depth and adding to the prospect pool it would be counterproductive to flip some of these players as by next year we will see more of a push from players currently on the farm or in the system. Those players coming in trying to establish themselves while under ELC deals will be vital moving forward.

It is an exciting time in Vancouver right now, and I can understand the feeling or temptation to move off one or two good prospects / futures to bring in upgrades to the NHL roster. I just don't see the club making that type of move this year unless it could involve maybe a second tier type prospect(s) from the club in a package and for a longer term player in the current core's age range. I would make an honest effort to acquire Joel Eriksson-Ek involving the 1st round pick in a package or defenseman Henri Jokiharju under the same scenario.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Can't afford to trade either. When Petey's and Hronek's new contracts kick in we're gonna need ELC level players to come in and contribute to offset potential losses. I do think I'd be willing to move anyone else though if that would put us over the top this year and next. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, HKSR said:

I can't see Calgary or Minnesota moving Andersson or Eriksson Ek respectively.  In Calgary's, they will likely lose Tanev (RD) in the off-season and so they'll need to keep Rasmus.  With Weegar, Huberdeau, and Kadri all in Calgary (signed to long term immovable contracts), I don't think Calgary will have a choice to rebuild.  They'll need to keep throwing money and smelling urethra so to speak.  Hence, they'll keep Andersson.  

As for Minnesota, I can't see them moving EK either since he's a 1st line calibre center that's being paid like a 2nd liner......for a LONG time.  Eriksson EK would probably cost the Canucks BOTH Lekkerimaki and Willander at minimum if the Canucks went that route.  

Anaheim needs more guys like McTavish (young budding superstars) and so I can't see them moving him either.  Carlsson and McTavish as a 1-2 combo is going to be fucking dangerous.  

If the Canucks are dangling Lekkerimaki like Michael Jackson dangled that baby from the balcony one time, then Chicago might be a good fit.  The Hawks will need some snipers to play with Bedard and JL would definitely fit that bill (although outside of Bedard, I don't really know anyone on the Hawks......looking at their line combos, I just see a whole bunch of ex Canuck retards, lol).  

28 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

I can't see Calgary or Minnesota moving Andersson or Eriksson Ek respectively.  In Calgary's, they will likely lose Tanev (RD) in the off-season and so they'll need to keep Rasmus.  With Weegar, Huberdeau, and Kadri all in Calgary (signed to long term immovable contracts), I don't think Calgary will have a choice to rebuild.  They'll need to keep throwing money and smelling urethra so to speak.  Hence, they'll keep Andersson.  

As for Minnesota, I can't see them moving EK either since he's a 1st line calibre center that's being paid like a 2nd liner......for a LONG time.  Eriksson EK would probably cost the Canucks BOTH Lekkerimaki and Willander at minimum if the Canucks went that route.  

Anaheim needs more guys like McTavish (young budding superstars) and so I can't see them moving him either.  Carlsson and McTavish as a 1-2 combo is going to be fucking dangerous.  

If the Canucks are dangling Lekkerimaki like Michael Jackson dangled that baby from the balcony one time, then Chicago might be a good fit.  The Hawks will need some snipers to play with Bedard and JL would definitely fit that bill (although outside of Bedard, I don't really know anyone on the Hawks......looking at their line combos, I just see a whole bunch of ex Canuck retards, lol).  

I agree with Rasmus Andersson and the Lames.  They can't afford to lose anybody of quality right now lol

As for Eriksson Ek, I view him as a 2C.  He has never cracked more than 61 points his entire career and is currently on pace for about 54 points.  If he's your 1C, you're likely not getting anywhere in terms of being a contender lol

ANA has 4 young centres, wouldn't be surprised to see either one of them moved to wing, or one of them traded for some help in other areas.  Probably why we see rumours of Zegras on the block.

Blackhawks have Korchinski, Reichel, Moore, and Nazar in their pipelines.  Not sure I'd move Lekkerimaki for any of those guys.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I agree with Rasmus Andersson and the Lames.  They can't afford to lose anybody of quality right now lol

As for Eriksson Ek, I view him as a 2C.  He has never cracked more than 61 points his entire career and is currently on pace for about 54 points.  If he's your 1C, you're likely not getting anywhere in terms of being a contender lol

ANA has 4 young centres, wouldn't be surprised to see either one of them moved to wing, or one of them traded for some help in other areas.  Probably why we see rumours of Zegras on the block.

Blackhawks have Korchinski, Reichel, Moore, and Nazar in their pipelines.  Not sure I'd move Lekkerimaki for any of those guys.

I'd love to get Eriksson EK but I just can't see it ever happening.  I'd be wary of Zegras......there's rumours out there that he's a bit of a lockkeroom cancer.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

It would cost more than that I think.  EK has one of the best contracts in the entire league.  I don’t think Minnesota will ever part ways with him but he’s exactly who I’d want on this team.

I don't think it's far off.

Top 6 forward

Top 10 NHL Affiliated prospect (going off this, I'd say JL has moved way up the pack:  https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/news/top-75-nhl-affiliated-skater-prospects-in-2023-24)

1st Round Pick

Not many packages of that level are traded except in pretty big blockbusters.  And not usually for a single player unless that player is elite.

• Cheers 1

For what it’s worth, Eriksson Ek’s name gets floated here: https://thecanuckway.com/posts/vancouver-canucks-trade-minnesota-wild-joel-eriksson-ek-rumor-01hkzqm4mpwk

I’ll start off by saying the article seems a bit low quality, and that I doubt Minny would trade him. That said…if there is any possibility at all that he could be made available, I’d sell the farm for him. He’s exactly what the Canucks need - a top-10 Selke vote guy, who can anchor a 2nd shutdown line, while the Lotto line does its thing. And he’s locked up through his prime for only $5.25M.

Kuzmenko + Lekkerimaki + Raty + 2024 1st

-for- Eriksson Ek

Edited by D-Money
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, D-Money said:

For what it’s worth, Eriksson Ek’s name gets floated here: https://thecanuckway.com/posts/vancouver-canucks-trade-minnesota-wild-joel-eriksson-ek-rumor-01hkzqm4mpwk

I’ll start off by saying the article seems a bit low quality, and that I doubt Minny would trade him. That said…if there is any possibility at all that he could be made available, I’d sell the farm for him. He’s exactly what the Canucks need - a top-10 Selke vote guy, who can anchor a 2nd shutdown line, while the Lotto line does its thing. And he’s locked up through his prime for only $5.25M.

-for- Eriksson Ek

I’m not entirely sure if I’d make that deal since you’d pretty much have to break up the Lotto line to maximize the acquisition.  Why?  Because - if Miller, Pettersson, and Boeser are all playing on the same line (with Joshua, Garland, and Bluegar on another), then Eriksson-Ek’s only linemate options would be Hoglander, Mikheyev, or Suter……which, while would be great in terms of utilizing Eriksson EK’s defensive skills, would likely not fairly maximize his offensive talents (ie for example, would you expect a line of Hoglander-ErikssonEK-Mikheyev to be a dangerous 2nd line scoring threat?).

Minnesota are also already short at center depth and so I don’t see why they make this deal.

Hence, I’d likely be more interested in Boone Jenner (the rumored deal).  Jenner has a lower cap hit and his acquisition cost likely wouldn’t cost us Lekkerimaki or Willander.

Edited by Jeremy Hronek
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, D-Money said:

-for- Eriksson Ek

There is zero chance JR/Allvin trade those assets. 

• Like 2

Our first priority is to ferment our assets for our teams future, not someone else's team. Make every effort not to trade within our division.

I believe this team has lost enough  in the last 5 or so years for nothing. And some are regrettable. Forsling and Tanev are only 2 examples.

If trades were to happen as mentioned, we start to rebuild all over again. Our team cannot just toss assets now, as the season ends we need these low cap hits to alleviate some of the free agents.

Oh darn that OEL cap.

Sign ep40 and zad!

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

To Anaheim:

Jonathan Lekkerimäki 

Tom Willander 

2024 1st round pick

To Vancouver:

Leo Carlsson

Drew Helleson

I’d do this deal in a heartbeat.  As a matter of fact, I’d do it at the trade deadline so that we could have Leo Carlsson for the playoffs.  I think Helleson is ready for the NHL as well so he could replace Friedman as our #8 guy for the playoffs…

Edited by Elias Pettersson