[Discussion] Who Would You Be Willing to Trade Lekkerimaki or Willander for?

16 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

I’m not entirely sure if I’d make that deal since you’d pretty much have to break up the Lotto line to maximize the acquisition.  Why?  Because - if Miller, Pettersson, and Boeser are all playing on the same line (with Joshua, Garland, and Bluegar on another), then Eriksson-Ek’s only linemate options would be Hoglander, Mikheyev, or Suter……which, while would be great in terms of utilizing Eriksson EK’s defensive skills, would likely not fairly maximize his offensive talents (ie for example, would you expect a line of Hoglander-ErikssonEK-Mikheyev to be a dangerous 2nd line scoring threat?).

Minnesota are also already short at center depth and so I don’t see why they make this deal.

Hence, I’d likely be more interested in Boone Jenner (the rumored deal).  Jenner has a lower cap hit and his acquisition cost likely wouldn’t cost us Lekkerimaki or Willander.

I think hoglander is currently being under utilized offensively so he can work on his defensive game.

put him with a strong defensive center with a good offensive game and I could see hogs immediately improve offensively, though his defence might suffer a bit with high QOC

I don't think I'd trade any RHD, either him or Hunter (and on LD also wouldn't trade D-Petey); let's see what we have in them.
On the wing, Lekkerimaki would yield a great return (like what Gauthier brought back), but the player archetype I'd look for would be a power winger, someone who can both score and be physically disruptive (like a young Alex Tuch, despite how rare those types are) or like OP suggested, 2nd line caliber young C's to support the Lotto Line.

19 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

I don't think I'd trade any RHD, either him or Hunter (and on LD also wouldn't trade D-Petey); let's see what we have in them.
On the wing, Lekkerimaki would yield a great return (like what Gauthier brought back), but the player archetype I'd look for would be a power winger, someone who can both score and be physically disruptive (like a young Alex Tuch, despite how rare those types are) or like OP suggested, 2nd line caliber young C's to support the Lotto Line.

Or like a Lekkerimaki on a entry level contract? wouldnt that help the Cap issues? 

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

To Anaheim:

Jonathan Lekkerimäki 

Tom Willander 

2024 1st round pick

To Vancouver:

Leo Carlsson

Drew Helleson

I’d do this deal in a heartbeat.  As a matter of fact, I’d do it at the trade deadline so that we could have Leo Carlsson for the playoffs.  I think Helleson is ready for the NHL as well so he could replace Friedman as our #8 guy for the playoffs…

no. ask one of our Swedes. No. I would let go of Kuzmenko for these two guys. No Villenger, no letterkenny.

5 minutes ago, Rypien-Punch said:

Kuzmenko and Lekkerimaki for 

Dylan Cozens 

What so we can beat his ass up every second day instead of only 2 games a year? What a dirty little fucking Marchand

3 minutes ago, Tusk said:

What so we can beat his ass up every second day instead of only 2 games a year? What a dirty little fucking Marchand

Ok I take that back a little. No one is ever as bad as Marchand. But geez why would we give up letterkenny for him. Sure, I would let go of Kuzy and Mik.... thats more of a fair trade, they take some CAP rentention too? like %25 or something? I would rather letterkenny play with him in a few years than MIK. 

3 minutes ago, MatchesMalone said:

Are you ok?

I watched the sabres game again and Cousins was one of the guys targeting Hughes.

In hindsight he was pretty clean about it, and playing tocchet style hockey. But anyone messing with Hughes does get me a little worked up especially when no one takes em down. Dahlin was worse but at least JT took care of that

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Tusk said:

I watched the sabres game again and Cousins was one of the guys targeting Hughes.

In hindsight he was pretty clean about it, and playing tocchet style hockey. But anyone messing with Hughes does get me a little worked up especially when no one takes em down. Dahlin was worse but at least JT took care of that

Hes one of those guys you hate to play against but love it when their on your team. Gives it his all every night. Reminds me a bit of Burrows. Fearless, and ready to battle every game. The kind of player a team will rally behind. I would be a steep price but well worth it in my opinion. 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Rypien-Punch said:

Hes one of those guys you hate to play against but love it when their on your team. Gives it his all every night. Reminds me a bit of Burrows. Fearless, and ready to battle every game. The kind of player a team will rally behind. I would be a steep price but well worth it in my opinion. 

Cozens is a Yukon boy. Grew up cheering for the Canucks. Whatever he puts on the ice in a Buffalo uniform, you can bet he would add 10% if he had on a Canucks uniform. Cozens would be a home run addition if we could pull that off.

Edited by JayDangles
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Wouldn't that be something!

Lekkerimaki

Kuzmenko

2024 1st

2025 2nd

For Brady Tkachuk

And then I'd move Petey if he wants to be difficult for Larkin and Edvinsson. 

The window will be open for 10 years with this group, especially that D core... wowza.

Top 6

Tkachuk-Larkin-Mikheyev

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser

D Core:

Hughes-Hronek

Edvinsson-Willander

DPetey-Brzustewicz

There's probably no practical trade out there for justifying trading Lekk or Willy. However, if we''re playing NHL 24 i'd trade Petey + Lek for Jack Hughes.

Jack's cap hit is just amazing for potentially a consistent 100+ point 1C that has the motivation and drive of his brother Quinn.

The ~$4 saving you get from Hughes vs. Petey contract will offer better roster construction flexibility as well

But for these very reasons above the Devils would not do the trade.

18 hours ago, Tusk said:

Or like a Lekkerimaki on a entry level contract? wouldnt that help the Cap issues? 

Helpful for cap for sure, but adding a bigger/ skilled guy with energy would definitely make us tougher to play against or shut down with big, physical defenders.

It would take a LOT for me to want to see Willander traded. Top pairing right shot defenders aren't nearly as common as top 6 wingers, so for me that leaves Lekkerimaki as the only one of the two who could *realistically* be moved. 

But he's made great strides and I consider him one of our very top prospects. In return, I'd want to see a legit top six player come back - preferably a center.

On 1/11/2024 at 9:02 AM, HKSR said:

We know these 2 are nearly untouchable, but are there any players that could be possibly acquired for either of them?

Are there any players in particular that you would be willing to trade either one for? 

Clearly Bedard, McDavid, Matthews, Makar, Fox, etc. would never be traded right now, so any others in mind?

Personally, I'd never trade Willander.  Top blue chip RHD are WAY too difficult to acquire.  Simply can't afford to trade one away when it's arguably the most difficult position to fill.

I'd be willing to move Lekkerimaki for certain players...

Mason McTavish -- with Gauthier added, maybe ANA would be willing to part with one of their centres (Zegras, McTavish, Carlsson, and Gauthier all down the middle)

Joel Eriksson Ek -- 26yo, 50 to 60 point 2C, but extremely effective defensively.  Locked in long term on an extremely good cap hit - $5.25M AAV.

Rasmus Andersson -- 26yo, top pairing RHD still locked into a fantastic contract - $4.55M AAV.

Nemec or Jiricek -- unlikely to happen, but with Drysdale moved for Gauthier, you never know.

That's really about it for me.  Other players are either highly unlikely to be traded or simply untouchable, whereas anything less than this, I wouldn't be willing to move JL.

Robert Thomas

But I'd be adding him to the untouchable list you have going on.

Lekker + 1st for Hanifin

Best defence in the league for the next 5 years. Finish off this year with incredible depth for the playoffs, then we can let one or two of the veterans walk in the off-season. Give our top-3 defencemen a combined 22M, they're all young and will probably be on our team for the next decade.

Hughes - Hronek

Hanifin - Zadorov

Soucy - Cole/Juulsen next year