PGT - Vancouver at Pittsburgh

PhillipBlunt

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Maybe, but that doesn't help us.  He's also a career best 32 point player.

I am beginning to feel that we bought high. He hasn’t disappointed when he’s been in the line up generally. He’s been quiet at times but never really a problem. But for his cap I’m hoping we see him on the box score a bit more for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Great game again for the lotto line. This team desperately needs help on the 2nd line. Right now we have one #1 line, two 3rd lines and one 4th line. Regardless of what people say Mikheyev is not a 2nd line player nor is Sutr. Kuzmenko might be one but he’s not playing like one nor is he producing. 

At this point we need to move Kuzmenko for a 2nd line player.

8 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

Am I the only one who hasn't been impressed with Mik at all for the last 10-15 games? He really needs to pick it up.

Yeah, he's been pretty ordinary.  Where is this speed power he's supposed to be using by now? But also his shot is nothing to write home about. And I don't see him mixing it up on the boards any more than Kuz. 

Woo! What a game! Shame we can’t hold off that goal before going OT. That’s been happening against us for a few times. It’s a big key crucial moment the team needs to work on for the playoffs. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

and on the forecheck and winning puck battles and can PK.

All things Tocchet likes. 

Oh don't get me wrong, Mik has value, and when he's not scoring he brings more to the lineup than Kuz when he's not scoring.

But Mik has been on the 2nd line all year, and is expected to produce and lately he is invisible in the o-zone, or he kills the play.

6 minutes ago, 1-d said:

Looks like LA will be fighting for a WC spot against Edm, Sea and Nas pretty soon.

So much for those games in hand. 

Regardless, those gms vs VGK, jets, LAK will likely determine if Nux will finish top in the conference or not.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Mikheyev is more valuable than Kuz imo. He's responsible defensively & his speed is still such an asset. He's good along the walls & competent enough offensively.

Hasn't been producing as much lately but he was never brought on to be a pure offensive guy like Kuz, he brings other elements.

He for sure does, but when you've been on the 2nd line all year, you're expected to produce.

He definitely is more of an all around player, more suited for a 3rd line roll imo, but can't split our 3rd line up.

6 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

In worried about both of them, their sticks are where plays go to die. The only thing Mik has over Kuz is he's better in the d-zone.

I think if he csn go into the off season healthy he will bounce back next year 

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Maybe, but that doesn't help us.  He's also a career best 32 point player.

Right now he’s not at his best but there are still aspects of his game I like.  if he can have a healthy off season he’s a lot like Bleugar where he takes care of the details

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

Do we have the best line in hockey or what.Toc is coach of the year so far,honorable mention to his supporting staff

Who’s responsible for first putting together the Lotto-line?

Was it Bruce? 

• ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Wonder if he's hurt, I don't see his speed like I used to.

It's been said it normally takes a year to fully recover from the kind of surgery Mikheyev had. So I guess he's still finding his way back. He still shows burst of speed here and there during games.

Having said that, he had a number of scoring chances in recent games but just couldn't finish... Jannik Hanson can relate I'm sure.

• Cheers 2