PGT - Vancouver at Pittsburgh

PhillipBlunt

Nice indeed

BT has traits I think would help them both out, maybe start driving play in their favour more.

Henrique would be cool

but he’s not exactly fleet of foot

1 minute ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Things may be changing for Kuzz he had a pretty good back check there in the third. Very impressive effort maybe he’s getting the idea that he must to play Defence

The new "second" line with Suter and Mik may need more time to gel.  They aren't hurting the team and had a few chances tonight but didn't bury them. 

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Agreed but hopefully he realizes that leaving a couple million on the table will cement his legacy as the club will afford depth for the next half a decade! Imo he is worth 13mil+ but hoping for 11m or so.

Fingers crossed he does, because we could be building a dynasty with this core.

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

Fingers crossed he does, because we could be building a dynasty with this core.

10.5 is more than fair. Look at what Miller is getting and he is just as valuable, perhaps even more so at the moment. Miller drives the team with might.

1 minute ago, Curmudgeon said:

For all the hype about McDavid, I still believe Sidney is the best player in the world. He is not only a big moment guy, he is a sublime playmaker and an undisputed leader. McDavid can eventually get there, but not as long as Sid is in the game.

Dude is clutch… 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

I sure remember the visit to Pitt a few years back when we had a 4 goal lead and lost an 8-6 barnburner. PPG paints center was bumpin and the boys were rattled when Malkin took over. The boys are maturing right before our eyes and let’s make sure they know we are all gonna have their backs no matter what. Let’s keep the C-Train rollin and remind the world what Vancity was like before the riots. 

Loud and proud to bleed Canuck blue. 

I long for the days past where the play off schedule was:

1st plays 16th

2nd plays 15th

3rd plays 14th

Would be great to see Drysaddle and McDuffie squeeze their sticks at the prospect of playing the Canucks 1st round.

Yes, I am saying Oolers will regress. 

37 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Wont be sustainable in the playoffs when teams know to shut down that one line. 

We need to move one of Mikheyev or Kuzmenko for an actual 2nd line player. Use 2024 1st round pick to get the player because this years pick will be low anyways. More like a 2nd round pick

I’m not arguing with that logic but it depends what is available. 

1 minute ago, coolboarder said:

But still, you never know when harmless play can go wrong due to some illegal infraction that was let go in the very same game.   50/50 plays, I do not mean that but when he is in position to win the battle, they would use hands to hold him back, and the ref let it go and it is not good because he would use leverage with hand to slow him down and win the puck.  That is not 50/50 battle. He was out of position, cheated in order to go in position to win the puck.   In any other game, it is either holding or interference is the usual call. 

I cringe watching 80's game 90's game, the strongest player that is behind would use that tactics and skilled player often lose out and the ref let it go because it's a tradition.  Not true.  In game of hockey, where rulebook favor the skill player but the ref choose his own version of what game should look like.  It became not a game of hockey with skill but game of broken rules where strongest cheat and win games.  You get the idea.  The only strongest player hockey rules is checking where the purpose is to separate the puck from the man.  That is proper view when players do have puck.  In losing position when both doesn't have the puck, using hands in order to win the puck battle is not checking according to the rulebook.  He did not earn the position for the puck is my argument for letting them play is false.   It wasn't the lonely incident but happens too many times when I looked closely and I have noticed a lot more than 10-20 years ago.

I don't know. If you really watch hockey there are countless infractions that get let go every game. It's how it works. If you call every one the game becomes horrible. You just want to make sure the game is not becoming dangerous and no team is gaining a decided advantage by the calls made during the game.

That was an incredibly well refed game. It doesn't get any better and no reasonable fan should be upset at all. No horrible missed calls, Miller got one for a blatant retaliatory penalty on Crosby, who also drew a well earned penalty towards the end of the third.

Like Tocchet said, great game by them. That's exactly how you want to see it called. Fair and called the same throughout so everyone knows what is and isn't a penalty.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1