PGT - Vancouver at Pittsburgh

PhillipBlunt

8 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Petey's Last 6 games.

9 goals 14 points 

Is that good? 

Not if you are trying to ink him to an extension, but hey, pay him what he is worth and hopefully we get 2 to 4 million cap increases a year for 4 or 5 years strait!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

For all the hype about McDavid, I still believe Sidney is the best player in the world. He is not only a big moment guy, he is a sublime playmaker and an undisputed leader. McDavid can eventually get there, but not as long as Sid is in the game.

I can see that.  And for all the talk about how team USA would destroy Canada in a best on best, I still think Canada comes on top just simply because of our strength down the middle with insane game breaking ability.  To have at least 1 of McDavid, MacKinnon, Bedard, and Crosby on the ice all game long?  That would be incredibly difficult to defend against.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Captain Kirk said:

Can we all sit back and realize how important it was to get Hronek!

sarcastic slow clap gif | WiffleGif

And there were people here questioning the acquisition back then haha.  Top 4 RHD are incredibly difficult to acquire.  Just think about how hard it would be to get another one right now...

• Cheers 3

41 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Petey is a borderline generational talent.  You put him with good players and he is almost at the same level as McDavid.  Gretzky said Petey was like him.  He is right…

Why did you even question that?

I said in the other thread that alright, I can give McDavid the no 1 spot but after him Petey is one of those close.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I can see that.  And for all the talk about how team USA would destroy Canada in a best on best, I still think Canada comes on top just simply because of our strength down the middle with insane game breaking ability.  To have at least 1 of McDavid, MacKinnon, Bedard, and Crosby on the ice all game long?  That would be incredibly difficult to defend against.

USA goalies. Demko, Hallubuck, Ottenger. Canada"s? Hill maybe? WE would not get destroyed but likely come in second. The world has caught up to us, especially the States. Gretzkey traded to LA....

16 minutes ago, Captain Kirk said:

Well at least we were in first for an hour or so....again.....lol 

Honestly I REALLY don't want us to finish 1st overall in the league.  I only wanna see us win our division.  Hoping our boys are pacing themselves.  Part of gaining playoff experience is knowing how much to reserve in the regular season for the playoffs.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Great 1st then we weren't as good, but pens were mugging us and getting away.

Saw some promising signs on the other two lines, mik trying to set up kuz and suter and hogz doing well. Good effort road effort, at least 4 wins banked. I expect buffalo to surprise us but us to get to 5 from 7 at columbus.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Vancan said:

USA goalies. Demko, Hallubuck, Ottenger. Canada"s? Hill maybe? WE would not get destroyed but likely come in second. The world has caught up to us, especially the States. Gretzkey traded to LA....

By the stats alone, technically we still have a couple of the best goalies in the league in Hill and Talbot.  Not sexy names in the least, but the stats are the stats.

I just think the big 4 I mentioned along with having Makar back them up will be too much to handle.  How on Earth would any team defend against a Mcdavid Mackinnon Bedard line with Makar as well if Canada decided to stack the talent?

44 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

McDavid has been playing pond hockey for 6 years.  They finally have a coach with a proper defensive system which is why they are winning.  

Last 6 games:

Elias Pettersson - 14 points

Connor McDavid - 11 points

McDavid can’t score at the same rate he used to because he now has to play in a more defensive structure.  Petey will now be able to match him point for point playing on the Lotto Line…

If it happens I’m all for it! 

• Cheers 1