PGT - Vancouver at Pittsburgh

PhillipBlunt

3 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:
4 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

We keep winning can we do it in the playoffs?would love to see this trend when we hit the playoffs 

We match up well with most of the contenders. Vegas still scares me. That speed, skill, size, and experience is tough to beat in a best of 7. If we stay healthy, keep the swag, bring it on with the rest! 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Vancan said:

We match up well with most of the contenders. Vegas still scares me. That speed, skill, size, and experience is tough to beat in a best of 7. If we stay healthy, keep the swag, bring it on with the rest! 

Winnipeg also plays a heavy game.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NHL Tyranny said:

Winnipeg also plays a heavy game.

Thanks yes they do. Can smother you all game long. Hellebuyck struggles to come back when frustrated. Key to win is to get him off his game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vancan said:

Thanks yes they do. Can smother you all game long. Hellebuyck struggles to come back when frustrated. Key to win is to get him off his game. 

Thats where Myers earns his $$ lol he knows the Hellebuttons.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

I don't know. If you really watch hockey there are countless infractions that get let go every game. It's how it works. If you call every one the game becomes horrible. You just want to make sure the game is not becoming dangerous and no team is gaining a decided advantage by the calls made during the game.

That was an incredibly well refed game. It doesn't get any better and no reasonable fan should be upset at all. No horrible missed calls, Miller got one for a blatant retaliatory penalty on Crosby, who also drew a well earned penalty towards the end of the third.

Like Tocchet said, great game by them. That's exactly how you want to see it called. Fair and called the same throughout so everyone knows what is and isn't a penalty.

Tocchet is an old school like me but I am also evolving to the point that it doesn't make any sense for a guy that is losing position to use his hand to leverage or slow him down a tad to get an advantage and win the battles, that is interference penalty or even a holding.  Pens were desperate for an offensive possession because if he loses, the puck goes other way for a simple dump and retreat and start all over and exert his energy.  Time is an essential and every seconds count to get a comeback.     There is 30 seconds left in game-typing goal, 2-3 minutes before that, he wins the battle, typing goal wouldn't happen because it's 30 seconds too late.   It is cheating to buy some possession time trying for a goal.  Now, if a ref call a penalty like this, the Pens will have to earn their stipes if they could do that without cheating.   It is up to ref to catch a subtitle cheating if they are desperate and lose, that is a proper view of a honest day of work.  

Just like offside, do you ignore offside call just because ref choose to ignore that?  It is the same as interference penalty as an example, do you ignore that as well?  If you are using hands to gain advantage to get ahead to the puck first so that he doesn't tip it past the blueline and D get that puck because a winger interfered with a defensive pursuit to attempt get to the puck first but he was interference by the offensive zone so that his teammate get to the puck, it is similar to offside infraction to gain position to get a goal or a time possession.  That is how ref ought to notice that and say, he was not in position in the first place and could have gotten it to tip it over the D so that they have to reset in the neutral zone rather than offensive zone.  If D does that, the ref for sure call it but if it ls offensive zone situation, the ref let it go.  That is what I am trying to imply that it is not an old school officiating if the ref decide to let it go and then other different game, they call the very same infraction that they let it go before.

49 minutes ago, bh90 said:

I agree

I dont think USA has over taken Canada.

Canada up front has a collection of arguably the best play driving forwards and 2 way forwards.

Demko and Halleybuck are not Broduer Roy or Hasek.

And how do you stop a super line of Crosby - McKinnon - McDavid?

Especially when you follow that with guys like Bedard, Point, Stone, Warner, Reinhart,  Thomas, Scheiffle, Barzal, Horvat, Stamkos, Marchand, Konecky and so many more.

On defense we arguably have the best shut down guys that can move the puck... Doughty, Petriangelo, Dobson, Morrissey, Pulock... Makar would probably have to Play LD because that's our one weakness I think

In goal I like Ingram. I think he is Canada's goalie of the future.

I think it’s a lot closer than you think - we shall see! 🤙

Was worried there, only cuz watching it on demand on ESPN+, I could tell there was too much time left in the show to end in regular time, and I saw a link to a video for a Crosby highlight, and those links usually are for the winning team.

Still shaking after seeing Petey will that one in with his mind. A true alien!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Was worried there, only cuz watching it on demand on ESPN+, I could tell there was too much time left in the show to end in regular time, and I saw a link to a video for a Crosby highlight, and those links usually are for the winning team.

Still shaking after seeing Petey will that one in with his mind. A true alien!

Guaranteed exhausted and couldn't feel his legs. Even impressed one of the best ever in Crosby no doubt.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

I think it’s a lot closer than you think - we shall see! 🤙

Not just North America either. You can google 2024 fantasy best on best hockey tournaments. Sweden, Finland, all very close to. Russia cant play, but would be there to. 

Love Canada and proud of the hockey heritage. But once again the world has caught up for good, not just stints. I mean did anyone watch the WJC? 

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Crimson JH said:

Woo! What a game! Shame we can’t hold off that goal before going OT. That’s been happening against us for a few times. It’s a big key crucial moment the team needs to work on for the playoffs. 

Fyi, this is only the 2nd Nuck game this season that went to OT where the opponent scores late to tie.

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

The Wpg - Van game in two weeks will be a barn- burner! Wish i had tix!

That one is more than a month away. I am a lot more curious about the last game of the season in Winnipeg - might be the President’s Cup deciding game.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, coolboarder said:

Tocchet is an old school like me but I am also evolving to the point that it doesn't make any sense for a guy that is losing position to use his hand to leverage or slow him down a tad to get an advantage and win the battles, that is interference penalty or even a holding.  Pens were desperate for an offensive possession because if he loses, the puck goes other way for a simple dump and retreat and start all over and exert his energy.  Time is an essential and every seconds count to get a comeback.     There is 30 seconds left in game-typing goal, 2-3 minutes before that, he wins the battle, typing goal wouldn't happen because it's 30 seconds too late.   It is cheating to buy some possession time trying for a goal.  Now, if a ref call a penalty like this, the Pens will have to earn their stipes if they could do that without cheating.   It is up to ref to catch a subtitle cheating if they are desperate and lose, that is a proper view of a honest day of work.  

Just like offside, do you ignore offside call just because ref choose to ignore that?  It is the same as interference penalty as an example, do you ignore that as well?  If you are using hands to gain advantage to get ahead to the puck first so that he doesn't tip it past the blueline and D get that puck because a winger interfered with a defensive pursuit to attempt get to the puck first but he was interference by the offensive zone so that his teammate get to the puck, it is similar to offside infraction to gain position to get a goal or a time possession.  That is how ref ought to notice that and say, he was not in position in the first place and could have gotten it to tip it over the D so that they have to reset in the neutral zone rather than offensive zone.  If D does that, the ref for sure call it but if it ls offensive zone situation, the ref let it go.  That is what I am trying to imply that it is not an old school officiating if the ref decide to let it go and then other different game, they call the very same infraction that they let it go before.

I think if you're complaining about this game you're just going to complain about the refereeing in general every game you lose or have tight moments. I didn't even notice these infractions you're talking about. That's hockey. 

If you're the team behind by a goal and you're pushing the pace of the game you're going to get some leeway on being aggressive. Similarly if you're in the lead and you sit back and then pull a player down you're going to the get the call against you.

I'm sorry but people use their hands and little hooks all the time to slow people down. The referee is there to decide what to call and what to let go. If you think this was something just wait until the playoffs where there are "penalties" on every play.

That's just a good hard fought hockey game.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, Vancan said:

Not just North America either. You can google 2024 fantasy best on best hockey tournaments. Sweden, Finland, all very close to. Russia cant play, but would be there to. 

Love Canada and proud of the hockey heritage. But once again the world has caught up for good, not just stints. I mean did anyone watch the WJC? 

Canada's best u20's are already in the NHL and a couple guys looked over would've been better fits. 

It's still our game and dooming over this feels like you just can't doom over the Canucks atm.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, cuporbust said:

Petey with 15 points more than Eichel. I'd say he's above Eichel level now. 

Eichel isn't that good, he's 27 and has never had a 100 point season, the closest he's ever been was 88 points, so he's never been as good as Petey. He also can't stay healthy.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1