PGT - Vancouver at Pittsburgh

PhillipBlunt

8 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

FKYA!!!! 40 BABY!!

JUST FINISHED WATCHING OMFG!!!!!

WOOAHHH!!

Slash on Dem fsakes

What's Petie doing on that late faceoff (with Myers?)

DemkoDemkoDemko

Pittsburgh WANTED this game bad.

Hronek not a good penalty late. Hronek takes a lot of abuse back there should get the next maintenance day. Mik doesn't look slick. We should rest Mik's knee for a game. We need a bigger body for 176 lb Aman. aka Hackysack

Ferraro is so good.

Team play was amazing and Rick is full value as a coach.

Awesome win. 

:towel:

Mik hasn’t been up to speed for sure and I guess as a tertiary contributor he has been kind of glossed over by many. I wonder if he is still feeling the effects of his knee injury. He doesn’t have that same blazing speed and gumption these days that’s for sure. Does other stuff well - just don’t got that same speed and crunch at the time being it seems. 

• Like 2

Apart from the fantastic way everyone on the Canucks is playing ,.

Huge accolades for JT !

Getting right back into Crosbys face and giving him the “Do Nots” with some rough shod where and when he deserved it.

Ps.  Why we only face them this 1 time this season?

EDIT : I’ve been corrected ,

they play on Feb 27 in Vancouver..

King Kong GIF by Legendary Entertainment

• Cheers 3

9 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

Canada's best u20's are already in the NHL and a couple guys looked over would've been better fits. 

It's still our game and dooming over this feels like you just can't doom over the Canucks atm.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Mik hasn’t been up to speed for sure and I guess as a tertiary contributor he has been kind of glossed over by many. I wonder if he is still feeling the effects of his knee injury. He doesn’t have that same blazing speed and gumption these days that’s for sure. Does other stuff well - just don’t got that same speed and crunch at the time being it seems. 

Yeah I just noticed at the top of the game he looked slower to warm up to the team speed. Has to be that knee. Not scoring doesn't help for sure. 

When Kuz gets the extreme microscope, guys like Mik get a pass, which I don't really like. Give me a bruiser instead of Mik or Aman. Especially when brutes like Gino and Graves are getting away with murder out there. We saw a playoff level game. We need to match that shit. For our star players. Even Hughes got a bash.

37 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

Tocchet is an old school like me but I am also evolving to the point that it doesn't make any sense for a guy that is losing position to use his hand to leverage or slow him down a tad to get an advantage and win the battles, that is interference penalty or even a holding.  Pens were desperate for an offensive possession because if he loses, the puck goes other way for a simple dump and retreat and start all over and exert his energy.  Time is an essential and every seconds count to get a comeback.     There is 30 seconds left in game-typing goal, 2-3 minutes before that, he wins the battle, typing goal wouldn't happen because it's 30 seconds too late.   It is cheating to buy some possession time trying for a goal.  Now, if a ref call a penalty like this, the Pens will have to earn their stipes if they could do that without cheating.   It is up to ref to catch a subtitle cheating if they are desperate and lose, that is a proper view of a honest day of work.  

Just like offside, do you ignore offside call just because ref choose to ignore that?  It is the same as interference penalty as an example, do you ignore that as well?  If you are using hands to gain advantage to get ahead to the puck first so that he doesn't tip it past the blueline and D get that puck because a winger interfered with a defensive pursuit to attempt get to the puck first but he was interference by the offensive zone so that his teammate get to the puck, it is similar to offside infraction to gain position to get a goal or a time possession.  That is how ref ought to notice that and say, he was not in position in the first place and could have gotten it to tip it over the D so that they have to reset in the neutral zone rather than offensive zone.  If D does that, the ref for sure call it but if it ls offensive zone situation, the ref let it go.  That is what I am trying to imply that it is not an old school officiating if the ref decide to let it go and then other different game, they call the very same infraction that they let it go before.

Yup

16 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Apart from the fantastic way everyone on the Canucks is playing ,.

Huge accolades for JT !

Getting right back into Crosbys face and giving him the “Do Nots” with some rough shod where and when he deserved it.

Ps.  Why we only face them this 1 time this season?

We play them at home 2/27

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Yeah I just noticed at the top of the game he looked slower to warm up to the team speed. Has to be that knee. Not scoring doesn't help for sure. 

When Kuz gets the extreme microscope, guys like Mik get a pass, which I don't really like. Give me a bruiser instead of Mik or Aman. Especially when brutes like Gino and Graves are getting away with murder out there. We saw a playoff level game. We need to match that shit. For our star players. Even Hughes got a bash.

Agreed and agreed - gonna need that push back going forward. Thankfully I feel like we have the best group to actually deliver on that need in over a decade. 

• Cheers 1

22 hours ago, Disgruntler said:

Starting to worry about the Kuzmenkos and Mikheyevs. $11m for.............

Mik is a one legged version of his old form. Not worth that contract.

Keep Kuz instead. 

Did everyone see that play where Mik skated towards the boards with no one around him and he fully bailed. I think he went to turn on that knee and it was like 'no,we don't do that anymore' went straight into the boards.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Kuzy earned some points w Tocchet tonight. Some sharp defensive plays in the third.

Jarry was on pace for first star there. Canucks would have had 7 by the time the 2nd was done if Jarry was still on the bench.

Canucks had some non-calls go their way earlier, but the refs sure were helping the Pens in the third, more so with non-calls than bad calls. Oh well, it's not the first time we've come out on top when that happens.

Keep on streakin'!!!

• Cheers 1

I love this team, for those that might not know, I am a homer Canuck since I was 5 years old (in the 70's) - a proud Ukrainian (who has Russian 50% in the background). 

Under this tavern where the rain drops hit the roof

We rest today, to do those the honor

That could not be here to join us

Let us drink to our faithful friends

For those friends, sometimes with sad eyes

They wrinkle their brow and say "thanks"

And turn away, but never to leave us

For those friends who follow us, 

And share our difficult fate, to them I ask you raise your glass ..... [I JUST DID]

And share a cheer to all Canuck fans. ... [I JUST DID AGAIN]

In the tavern the violin is quietly crying

Today I have the honor to toast those not here

Let us drink to faithful friends

For those that may not be here 

For those friends who follow us in life

To those friends that share our difficult fate

Cheers ... we are all friends, we are all compatriots, we are all CANUCKS!

For those that want to hear a bit of the original (before I changed the above a bit)

• Cheers 3

11 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

I think you can safely drop this 🙂 

Haha yeah it's more for fun at this point, but I could see how it would annoy people.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Haha yeah it's more for fun at this point, but I could see how it would annoy people.

Honestly, I love watching the required point% tick further and further down. It's fun!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Pears said:

Too early to start wondering if this is a team of destiny at this point?

Nailed it!

Last season we were a team of density  -  bone head plays all over the place

But turnaround ....  now we are a team of destiny.  Cups and individual awards galore await us!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Crimson JH said:

Same goes to those last moment games that cost us on Hughesday… 😕 

That adds one more.

I don't see it as a trend to be fretting over. I think getting the 2nd line producing is more urgent.  And with how good things are going with the Lotto Line and Blue Sugar (cool name, let's help it stick @footsteps), I'm not losing sleep there, either.

24 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Nailed it!

Last season we were a team of density  -  bone head plays all over the place

But turnaround ....  now we are a team of destiny.  Cups and individual awards galore await us!

Last year we were a team of destiny like Green was a coach of destiny.

• Haha 1