PGT - Vancouver at Pittsburgh

PhillipBlunt

14 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

How much is that 

11M?

just cause we are paying 11M doesnt mean we can sell for that lol. And do you wanna replace with an AHL line or something? 

Let them get coached. Once petey is re-charged i bet that whole line is different when he goes back.

29 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

But honestly, there's this gnawing fear that the bottom could drop out.

So it's a good stat to keep us humble.

That was sort of the idea at the beginning. People often forget how hard it is to make the playoffs, so that was intended to help keep us a bit more level-headed about it. Even after such a good start, we're only just now breaking past the point of a .500 record virtually guaranteeing our entrance into the playoffs.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Should we get a second line center? That would make us Stanley Cup contenders if we are not already…

Definitely would put us over the top

might make us favourites…

If a scenario existed where Eriksson-Ek was available he would be the perfect fit with this club.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

15 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

That was sort of the idea at the beginning. People often forget how hard it is to make the playoffs, so that was intended to help keep us a bit more level-headed about it. Even after such a good start, we're only just now breaking past the point of a .500 record virtually guaranteeing our entrance into the playoffs.

This seems weak, coming from you. I really want to just keep the team as is knowing we are going. All speculation about trades is off the table for me, Everyone would have traded Brock last year on speculation and I am glad they did not. I feel the same way about Kuzmenko and Garlund this year, and hope we do absolutely nothing.

I would like to see some trades for Abby players to increase the backup people without affecting cap. I dont mean moving Podz, i just want more Podz in Abby so we can call them up during playoffs as needed. but it would be nice for some of them to get some reps up here during regular season to build chemistry and get the nerves out of the way.

Not to sound like a debbie downer but are people here a bit concerned that, in the last 4 games, the team only scored 1 non empty net goal in the 3rd period?

Edit: 5 if you include the loss to the Blues

1 minute ago, iinatcc said:

Not to sound like a debbie downer but are people here a bit concerned that, in the last 4 games, the team only scored 1 non empty net goal in the 3rd period?

There's good things and bad things.  

#1: We're hanging onto leads most of the time.  It's nice to score first and not have to come back from behind.

#2: Our powerplay isn't great but we're scoring at an insanely high rate on 5v5.

These are nice problems to have.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Tusk said:

This seems weak, coming from you. I really want to just keep the team as is knowing we are going. All speculation about trades is off the table for me, Everyone would have traded Brock last year on speculation and I am glad they did not. I feel the same way about Kuzmenko and Garlund this year, and hope we do absolutely nothing.

I would like to see some trades for Abby players to increase the backup people without affecting cap. I dont mean moving Podz, i just want more Podz in Abby so we can call them up during playoffs as needed. but it would be nice for some of them to get some reps up here during regular season to build chemistry and get the nerves out of the way.

I'm unsure of what you mean by this. What's the criticism of my view here?

3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I'm unsure of what you mean by this. What's the criticism of my view here?

"Even after such a good start, we're only just now breaking past the point of a .500 record virtually guaranteeing our entrance into the playoffs."

I guess it just seemed weak, knowing and watching the team all year. I knew after the first month we were in the playoffs... I liked some of the moves they made but now its time to temper the team, hit em with the fire and douse in the water to harden them.

4 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

Agreed but hopefully he realizes that leaving a couple million on the table will cement his legacy as the club will afford depth for the next half a decade! Imo he is worth 13mil+ but hoping for 11m or so.

Hard to get a read on Petey but I have a feeling when a contract is signed it will be more team friendly than not. Just a gut feeling, let me tell you I've got a gut.

• Vintage 1

40 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Edit: 5 if you include the loss to the Blues

They're on the road and have gone into the 3rd with a lead in each game. 

Where's my mic?   Oh there it is on the floor...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tusk said:

just cause we are paying 11M doesnt mean we can sell for that lol. And do you wanna replace with an AHL line or something? 

Let them get coached. Once petey is re-charged i bet that whole line is different when he goes back.

I agree - I would rather see Mik and Kuz given the opportunity to gel further without Petey and learn to play the way the coaches need. It will only help if that line gets reunited. 

I also agree that neither are really playing to their contract value right now - so it’s probably best to continue working with them and finding that sweet spot we got to with Miller, Garland and Boeser. 

But I don’t understand what you mean when you say Petey needs to recharge. He’s been killing it with Miller and Boeser.

I still think Petey was injured earlier this year during his “slump”. But I also think his linemates weren’t helping his cause. So, I suspect he’s healthy now and, while healthy and with top 6 linemates, is showing his elite potential as shown early in the season. 

1 hour ago, Tusk said:

How much would a Greenway type cost.

1 minute ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

I agree - I would rather see Mik and Kuz given the opportunity to gel further without Petey and learn to play the way the coaches need. It will only help if that line gets reunited. 

I also agree that neither are really playing to their contract value right now - so it’s probably best to continue working with them and finding that sweet spot we got to with Miller, Garland and Boeser. 

But I don’t understand what you mean when you say are you talking about Petey needing to recharge. He’s been killing it with Miller and Boeser.

I still think Petey was injured earlier this year during his “slump”. But I also think his linemates weren’t helping his cause. So, I suspect he’s healthy now and, while healthy and with top 6 linemates, is showing his elite potential as shown early in the season. 

Tocc explained it best... sometimes when things are just not going they need the juice.

I think Petey needed to get the Juice, the confidence back and he is getting that with Brock and JT. 

I dont think he needs JT and Brock to play like this, but its putting him back into the confidence zone where he can forget all the contract talk, the distraction with Kuzy and Tocc,  and just know that he is good. Good enough to run a line and make the plays with Kuz and Mik

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2