PGT - Vancouver at Pittsburgh

PhillipBlunt

note:
of four teams all on long winning streaks.  Vancouver has the same amount of Road wins or more.  Winnipeg and Edmonton have only 2 road wins during their streaks.  Go on the road you sissies.  Florida and Seattle have 4 road wins during their streaks.

• Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 1

53 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Not to sound like a debbie downer but are people here a bit concerned that, in the last 4 games, the team only scored 1 non empty net goal in the 3rd period?

Edit: 5 if you include the loss to the Blues

We've had the lead for pretty much the entire road trip so far. It makes sense that the team with the lead would be a bit more on their heels towards the end of the game. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DANJR said:

note:
of four teams all on long winning streaks.  Vancouver has the same amount of Road wins or more.  Winnipeg and Edmonton have only 2 road wins during their streaks.  Go on the road you sissies.  Florida and Seattle have 4 road wins during their streaks.

The West Is the Best

3 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Not Greenway in particular but that type of player in general is what we need. 

to gain more depth for playoffs we should be stocking up in Abbotsford. More size, more speed, spend some non cap money.

there is a huge advantage to be able to call up guys in the playoffs when some of our guys get injured or suspended for protecting our team. It will happen.

I think we would lose more to trade someone away then we could gain at this point

They are a TEAM and are working for each other. Each one of them.

8 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I like Yakov Trenin.  Bump up Höglander to the 2nd line. Then we need a 2nd line centre.  Probably need to trade Kuzmenko to make the cap work for these moves…

you notice how much JT talks on the bench? Well he is now doing that with Petey and Brock. Petey has not been talking on the bench with Kuzy and Mik. Petey is learning from the best right now and I know petey/mik/kuz will figure it out just in time for the playoffs.

We need two lines. Two great centres. Not just a "2C", we need Petey to run that line.

JT and Brock have already shown they can kick ass with like 4 different AHL or bottom 6 guys. Come playoffs I bet they let mighty mouse go there.

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

At this point you cannot break up the Lotto Line.  They literally got every point tonight. 

and in september, october and november all 3 were involved with all the goals, but on two lines. And twice as many goals.

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

At this point you cannot break up the Lotto Line.  They literally got every point tonight. 

1 minute ago, Tusk said:

and in september, october and november all 3 were involved with all the goals, but on two lines. And twice as many goals.

I mean I get it, its fun! its Exciting and its so awesome that the media is a amazed every day... Best line in hockey they all say!

Its great for Canucks fans to get highlight reels

But really, you are gettting production from one line instead of 3 now.

and most games 4 lines.

1 minute ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Run with the hot hand 

keep the lotto line going 

make a trade for a 2nd line center 

Not that it's going to happen but imagine if Crosby came here as a 

3 minutes ago, Tusk said:

I mean I get it, its fun! its Exciting and its so awesome that the media is a amazed every day... Best line in hockey they all say!

Its great for Canucks fans to get highlight reels

But really, you are gettting production from one line instead of 3 now.

and most games 4 lines.

2 lines actually 

6 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Run with the hot hand 

keep the lotto line going 

make a trade for a 2nd line center 

2 minutes ago, Tusk said:

this is a popular greedy fan opinion.

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Not that it's going to happen but imagine if Crosby came here as a 

2 lines actually 

Why do we have to dream when we already have the team.

You aint going to get a 2C that is even more skilled than Puis Suter. Yeah Crosby would take care of that shit. So would Mcdavid, Dryercycle or Matthews or Nylander.

Silly little dreamers. Nothing but a Dreamer. Can you put your hand in your head?

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Petey needs to play with top players.  Just like MacKinnon, McDavid and Kucherov.  With Miller, Petey is a borderline generational talent.  They will be staying together IMO…

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Petey needs to play with top players.  Just like MacKinnon, McDavid and Kucherov.  With Miller, Petey is a borderline generational talent.  They will be staying together IMO…

I think when he gets his confidence back from this, he can carry it back to the Kuz/Mik line. And you will see him start to direct traffic to Kuz and Mik at the faceoff, like JT does.

You will see Petey get more confident to lead his line, tell Kuz where to go. Kuzy needs that. Mik needs that.

• Cheers 1

We need to add more size in the top 6. PDG was a failed attempt but I think we can find a Trenin's or Greenway to help us. We'll need that added grit to help our skilled forwards. 

Guys like Malkin need to  pay for the liberties they take with our players. Malkin terrorized our crease tonight and we need someone to reciprocate. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tusk said:

I think when he gets his confidence back from this, he can carry it back to the Kuz/Mik line. And you will see him start to direct traffic to Kuz and Mik at the faceoff, like JT does.

You will see Petey get more confident to lead his line, tell Kuz where to go. Kuzy needs that. Mik needs that.

Sure.  I think the future is Petey with Lekkerimäki.  He will be Petey’s wingman like Boeser is to Miller.  That will give us two top lines for the next 5-7 years…

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

We need to add more size in the top 6. PDG was a failed attempt but I think we can find a Trenin's or Greenway to help us. We'll need that added grit to help our skilled forwards. 

Guys like Malkin need to  pay for the liberties they take with our players. Malkin terrorized our crease tonight and we need someone to reciprocate. 

I dont think PDG was a failed attempt.

Everyone on the board loved the pizza man. Its just Tocc knows there are better options.

He still knows.

We are in the playoffs.

We have 3 months to try stuff out. Yeah keep the lotto line to get some good eastern press where they remember two canucks names, Hughes and Petterson.

But Joshua with JT and Brock would work

Garlund with JT and Brock should be explored

Hopefully we get to see Podz up here for a few games.... 

I just see Kuzmenko having a rough time for all the summer crap he didnt do and everyone including himself is giving him a hard time.

Stuff works out. We didnt trade Brock and you are all "cleansed" of your sinful dirty thoughts of how we could trade him.

24 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Why do we have to dream when we already have the team.

You aint going to get a 2C that is even more skilled than Puis Suter. Yeah Crosby would take care of that shit. So would Mcdavid, Dryercycle or Matthews or Nylander.

Silly little dreamers. Nothing but a Dreamer. Can you put your hand in your head?

I think Allvin has said that the wants to try to improve the team further if possible but does not want to mess up existing chemistry. So, if the right trade is available, great. But it is important not to mess things up (while giving away valuable assets for the privilege).

I agree that it won't be that easy to improve on Suter at the 2C position. Yes, he is probably not a "legitimate" 2C but he does a lot of things well, is cheap, and is a good teammate. And he plays very responsible defence. Replacing him with a guy who scores more but is weaker defensively would hurt the overall "team identity".

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, JamesB said:

I think Allvin has said that the wants to try to improve the team further if possible but does not want to mess up existing chemistry. So, if the right trade is available, great. But it is important not to mess things up (while giving away valuable assets for the privilege).

I agree that it won't be that easy to improve on Suter at the 2C position. Yes, he is probably not a "legitimate" 2C but he does a lot of things well, is cheap, and is a good teammate. And he plays very responsible defence. Replacing him with a guy who scores more but is weaker defensively would hurt the overall "team identity".

Agreed. Now if we could get someone without giving up someone, and making the cap work, then sure! I would even try the repentant Perry. for a long term min. 2 way deal.

Something like that. But otherwise, I think we are already a team (even before the lotto line reunion) that can beat any team in 7

• Cheers 1