PGT - Vancouver at Pittsburgh

PhillipBlunt

7 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

We won despite the refs. Man I don’t know how the refs defend their jobs after that. Players grabbing and ripping sticks from players hands. Just goes to show the refs favour teams and players. 

Best part, despite all of this, they still managed to come away with the 2 points... bodes well for the playoffs. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Tusk said:

just cause we are paying 11M doesnt mean we can sell for that lol. And do you wanna replace with an AHL line or something? 

Let them get coached. Once petey is re-charged i bet that whole line is different when he goes back.

Why not let Miller run that line.

7 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Tocchet just said he thought the refs were great. "I love how they let us play"!

Way to go Tocchet... love me some of that old style hockey. 

Rarely seem to see Tocchet whine about the refs... refreshing. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

REALLY LIKE THE JUICE AS COACH TOCK SAYS..THE D MEN WERE GIVING IT BACK AS NEEDED..MILLER WAS GETTING SOME SMART PLAYS ON CROSBY...PLAYING AT THIS LEVEL NOT ONLY IS SKILL BUT MENTALTOUGHNESS AS I HAVE SAID IN PAST IS THE DIFFERENCE..GUYS NEED TO HAVE THAT SHORT TERM MEMORY AND RE FRESH FOR NEXT CHALLENGE...ITS HARD TO DO IN A LONG SEASON WE KNOW IT THEY KNOW IT BUT IF YOU PLAY SMART HOCKEY THEY CAN WIN NOT RUNNING AS A V8 ALL THE TIME..BEING FUEL EFFICIENT CAN WORK IF THEY HAVE A GOOD GAME PLAN...GO NUCKS GO..

7 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Things may be changing for Kuzz he had a pretty good back check there in the third. Very impressive effort maybe he’s getting the idea that he must to play Defence

Whatever the "non-negotiable" parts of Tochett's system is (meeting pressure with pressure, back-checking etc),  Kuzemenko seems to be finally getting it. 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, IBatch said:

Whatever the "non-negotiable" parts of Tochett's system is (meeting pressure with pressure, back-checking etc),  Kuzemenko seems to be finally getting it. 

Yup - there is still room for improvement but ya he’s finally showing signs that it’s getting through to his brain… 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Way to go Tocchet... love me some of that old style hockey. 

Rarely seem to see Tocchet whine about the refs... refreshing. 

Yep.   Sure when he watches, to him its pretty tame stuff.    Even if it does bother him, glad he just ignores or doesn't give any power to the media, fan the fires etc. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

17 hours ago, 1-d said:

Goddamnit.

Bettman must be having nightmares as the 3 hottest teams in the league right now are all Canadian franchises.

Apparently it’s no nightmare…

Bettman is regularly engaging in group sex with Jagmeat Justin and Krista… 

OH CANADA!!! Can be heard on a daily basis being lustfully proclaimed at the top of Bettmans lungs along with the sounds of rusty bed springs… 

An election will be called just after the first all Canadian final since 1986… 

these politicians will do anything for votes… 

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Yep.   Sure when he watches, to him its pretty tame stuff.    Even if it does bother him, glad he just ignores or doesn't give any power to the media, fan the fires etc. 

All bitching about the refs does is piss them off because you're showing them up. If you want to make sure you get no close calls going forward, bitch about the refs.

7 minutes ago, Canuckleheads Fan said:

I completely agree with this. The Lotto Line is dominating. When they were apart, Petey was a point-per-game player, Brock's scoring had dried up, and they weren't getting much help from their winger of the week, I point to the STL game to make my point. It's not just that JT and Brock are giving Petey juice; it's that they all play at a stratospheric level that nobody else on the team can match, for example that goal JT scored when Brock ringed it and Petey put it on JT's tape in one move from behind the net for the one timer, it happened so fast that I doubt there is another player on the team who could have made or handled that pass. As the pass was ringed, Petey saw JT coming downhill, and JT saw that Petey was in position to make that pass. They all give each other juice. They all have high hockey IQ and are an ideal fit for each other. They are not just top-six forwards; they are an elite top-line. Petey is elite, he made Kuzy a 39-goal sniper last year, when he had never been a big scorer in the KHL. How he lost his juju in Bali, I have no idea. But EP's that much better with Brock and JT. Honestly, the Lotto Line is playing like Bossey-Trottier-Gillies; why would Tocc break them up? Let Suter settle in with Kuzy and Mik as L3; I'm seeing some vintage Kuzy out there; he tried that Hogs between-the-legs move and got a good shot against NYI; he's shooting more; they need more net-front presence, but the goals will start going in. Don't forget, JT was acquired to play with Petey.

Didn’t know that JT was acquired to play with Petey 

Could we say that the Lotto line than the west coast express? 

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Best part, despite all of this, they still managed to come away with the 2 points... bodes well for the playoffs. 

Yup they played through the adversity provided by those non calls in the third…

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, HKSR said:

And there were people here questioning the acquisition back then haha.  Top 4 RHD are incredibly difficult to acquire.  Just think about how hard it would be to get another one right now...

Add together points and plus/minus and Hronek is second best in the league, only behind Hughes. Hronek is an elite D man. Just imagine the price teams would pay now to acquire him. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Tusk said:

Why do we have to dream when we already have the team.

You aint going to get a 2C that is even more skilled than Puis Suter. Yeah Crosby would take care of that shit. So would Mcdavid, Dryercycle or Matthews or Nylander.

Silly little dreamers. Nothing but a Dreamer. Can you put your hand in your head?

Dryercycle. 742A6540-3AC5-4972-80C5-6664E5CB078A.gif.d92f92dfdd55f5c4c943fe8e1dfd97a3.gif

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Should we get a second line center? That would make us Stanley Cup contenders if we are not already…

Definitely would put us over the top

might make us favourites…

Draisaitl 2C?   😆

9 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

Petey's Last 6 games.

9 goals 14 points 

Is that good? 

Well?

In his last 4 games Petey has 7 Goals & 12 Points.

Just so-so the two games before. Dontcha think?  ☺️

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

And the players need to get used to it and not let their shoulders down because they think they are treated bad. 
Just do the work and we win anyway.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2