PGT - Vancouver at Pittsburgh

PhillipBlunt

4 hours ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Sam Reinhart is definitely not in the same category as Petey and sometimes 1sts don't necessarily work our. I don't get your hate on for Petey. He's one of our best players. 

4 hours ago, Tusk said:

Its not hate, its concern for next season. We all love him, its the contract everyone is concerned about for next year.

But we are doing nothing this year for sure! Except win the CUP

Exactly. Petey is my favorite player. I love his quirky skills and moody desire, but I also see the shortcomings.  I love the idea that this great pick we made on him can give us a chance to be a dynasty if we let someone else sign him for 11 million next year. If he leads us to a cup this year though, I'd want to resign him at almost any price.

5 hours ago, IBatch said:

And back then, the rules were a lot different.   It's not true though.  TB and Vegas cases in point (recent ones).   The problem is, when guys like Nylander sign and ruin it for other teams.    Stamkos, Barkov, Stone, Point, Kucherov, Hedman,  Alex Petrangelo,  Mark Scheiffle,  there are so many UFA's that signed for something reasonable, and for their own clubs!     I also get the flip side, Parise, Suter, Doughty, EK, Panarin (well at least so far it's ok)  ... it's ok to have several UFA's in the mix including your top players if they sign for what works.   Peak Sedin era for example too. 

I'm not sure what you're getting at but I like your list. Don't you think we could sign one of those guys for the 11 milion we would have paid Petey? At this point, I think they are all of equal value or more. We would end up four 1st rounders ahead.

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

Allvin: “I have conversations but nothing obviously has changed,” Allvin told Sportsnet before the Penguins game. “We want to keep Petey here. He knows that. At some point, it's going to come down to negotiations and if it's working or not.

“We have another year with him as a RFA; we're not going to lose him this summer (as a UFA). But that being said, I'm trying to plan for our team this year and next year, and I want him to be a big part of it.” 

Speaking Thursday evening, Brisson didn’t rule out contract negotiations restarting before the end of this season but said he needs to reconnect with Pettersson after this road trip to discuss options.

“I can’t say whether it will be in two weeks or two months, but (negotiations) could definitely still happen this season,” Brisson told Sportsnet.

Jester13: "Love that Allvin is putting a bit of pressure on Petey to make a decision now and not wait until the offseason."

I'd say this is a bit of pressure. He clearly wants to sign him sooner rather than later because they're looking to bolster the lineup for this playoff run, but he can't do that if he doesn't know what he's working with. 

But nothing in those quotes says  pressure to me, not even 'a bit.' Like I said POHO Rutherford stated "there's no hurry at all." No hurry = no pressure. I'd say you're just reading into those quotes a bit and thinking there should be pressure even though there isn't. Like don't get me wrong, if you were saying what you're saying in the off-season I would wholeheartedly agree. But not right now. They'll figure it out when it's time. Sooner the better? Obviously. But no pressure to do it... yet.

15 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

At this point you cannot break up the Lotto Line.  They literally got every point tonight. 

A bit of a stretch to call Petey's O/T goal a Lotto Line goal, with Petey, Kuzzy and Hronek the trio.  Would be more accurate to call that a reunited Russo-Swede line goal, being 2 /3rds of the Mik-Petey-Kuzzy line of yesteryear

4 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Had to put my dog down yesterday, I’m glad the Canucks gave us a good game to keep spirts up last night was a nice escape 

Oh damn, I'm so sorry to hear that. I know how rough it is. Really tough news, I'm sad for you my friend.

• Huggy Bear 1

17 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Hard to get a read on Petey but I have a feeling when a contract is signed it will be more team friendly than not. Just a gut feeling, let me tell you I've got a gut.

I suspect it wont be as full as i imagine it could be. 

2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Had to put my dog down yesterday, I’m glad the Canucks gave us a good game to keep spirits up last night was a nice escape 

Sorry to hear this. One of the hardest things we have to do, and the absolute worst part of owning a pet. Remember the good times, and get solace knowing you gave your dog the best life it could hope for!

• Like 4

Can we ban those damned horns like they use in Pittsburgh and St Louis to drive their respective "Let's go" chants?

Those things are awful, and about as musical as me after a couple chili dogs.

• Like 2

Man I was really annoyed by the reffing yesterday. 

You could tell they were pulling for Pitts. 

I thought yesterday was pretty blatant. 

Also, the game got close but kudos to Jarry for keeping Pitts in the game. If it wasn't for him, we would have blown the door off with all the grade A chances. 

He really gave Pitts a chance to come back. 

Well him and the refs... If the refs called what they were supposed to, we prob would have a few more PPs to put the game away. 

And then we got called on some weak calls... Smh

Thank goodness we are a team capable of gutting out wins now

44 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Wtf

Wtf exactly.

I mean, I can see someone floating the idea, back when his +/- was weak, but no. Just no.

Maybe someone who saw Gretzky's reaction to Huggy at the ASG shootout thought that was enough of an endorsement to be a center. :picard:

Sure hope whoever it is is long gone.

Man I was really annoyed by the reffing. 

You could tell they were pulling for Pitts. 

I thought it was pretty blatant. 

Also, the game got close but kudos to Jarry for keeping Pitts in the game. If it wasn't for him, we would have blown the door off with all the grade A chances. 

He really gave Pitts a chance to come back. 

Well him and the refs... If the refs called what they were supposed to, we prob would have a few more PPs to put the game away. 

And then we got called on some weak calls... Smh

Thank goodness we are a team capable of gutting out wins now even when the deck is stacked against us

On 1/11/2024 at 9:53 PM, Canuckleheads Fan said:

Eichel isn't that good, he's 27 and has never had a 100 point season, the closest he's ever been was 88 points, so he's never been as good as Petey. He also can't stay healthy.

Agreed