PGT - Vancouver at Pittsburgh

PhillipBlunt

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Haha, he was being honest though. Really well refed game. Let them play until there were obvious penalties that warranted being called. That's exactly how you want it and what you should expect come playoff time.

The problem with that theory is that chance of injures increase.   You want to put a nip to it, honestly.  I wouldn't mind a non-call that warrants it but some of those is not hockey plays and I think that the ref knows it but doesn't care.  

5 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

The problem with that theory is that chance of injures increase.   You want to put a nip to it, honestly.  I wouldn't mind a non-call that warrants it but some of those is not hockey plays and I think that the ref knows it but doesn't care.  

I have no problem at all with it. I didn't notice any injuries as a result. I saw a good hard fought hockey game by two teams where the refs didn't influence the game. The game was in total control and no team got away with any dangerous play whatsoever.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

I have no problem at all with it. I didn't notice any injuries as a result. I saw a good hard fought hockey game by two teams where the refs didn't influence the game. The game was in total control and no team got away with any dangerous play whatsoever.

A couple of penguins got hurt from normal hockey plays tonight. One left the game. The other got dinged up pretty well in two back-to-back shifts from shot blocks. 

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

He's been more productive than Kuzmenko. Extrapolating their production over 82 games; Mikheyev's at 21g / 47p vs Kuzmenko 18g / 43p. And that's without PP1 time like Kuz gets.

I think 20 goals & 40+ points on top of his other elements are about what your expecting from Mikh. And that line with those 2 is basically the 3rd line right now anyways with how Garland's line is playing.

I agree, Mik has been way better than Kuz this year. Kuz has been pretty horrible, and think he should be taken off of PP1 and replaced with Hogs.

I'm just thinking playoffs, I don't like Mik being on the 2nd line, and the fact he's there even though they aren't playing like it, means he's expected to be better than he has. Even playing with Petey, he couldn't do much.

Mik definitely has a place on this team, but it shouldn't be the 2nd line.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Petey is a borderline generational talent.  You put him with good players and he is almost at the same level as McDavid.  Gretzky said Petey was like him.  He is right…

Uh yeah don't think so

7 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Shoulda buried the Pens

Refs helped the pens with their creative calls and non calls 

I obviously need a new prescription for my glasses  -  I thought every call was warranted 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Jets won 😞

Goddamnit.

Bettman must be having nightmares as the 3 hottest teams in the league right now are all Canadian franchises.

• Like 1