PGT - Vancouver at Pittsburgh

PhillipBlunt

2 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

I agree, Mik has been way better than Kuz this year. Kuz has been pretty horrible, and think he should be taken off of PP1 and replaced with Hogs.

I'm just thinking playoffs, I don't like Mik being on the 2nd line, and the fact he's there even though they aren't playing like it, means he's expected to be better than he has. Even playing with Petey, he couldn't do much.

Mik definitely has a place on this team, but it shouldn't be the 2nd line.

My idea was to find a player that suits Suter / Mikheyev better.  Brandon Tanev for example.

4 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

Uh yeah don't think so

McDavid has been playing pond hockey for 6 years.  They finally have a coach with a proper defensive system which is why they are winning.  

Last 6 games:

Elias Pettersson - 14 points

Connor McDavid - 11 points

McDavid can’t score at the same rate he used to because he now has to play in a more defensive structure.  Petey will now be able to match him point for point playing on the Lotto Line…

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Tofu_Bud said:

My idea was to find a player that suits Suter / Mikheyev better.  Brandon Tanev for example.

Would be nice to unite the Tanev brothers.

B.Tanev wouldn't make it a good offensive line but a helluva good checking line. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

I agree, Mik has been way better than Kuz this year. Kuz has been pretty horrible, and think he should be taken off of PP1 and replaced with Hogs.

I'm just thinking playoffs, I don't like Mik being on the 2nd line, and the fact he's there even though they aren't playing like it, means he's expected to be better than he has. Even playing with Petey, he couldn't do much.

Mik definitely has a place on this team, but it shouldn't be the 2nd line.

Mik is definitely a utility player not a line driver. Put him alongside a good player & he brings elements that can help a line (specifically getting in on the forecheck, and keeping plays alive on the boards). I don't hate him as a complimentary player anywhere in the top 9 its just about finding a fit (like they did with Joshua/Blueger).

I think the big issue right now is the '2nd line' lacks a line driver without Miller or Petey to carry it. They don't have an identity or cohesion. Its 3 complementary players that have different skillsets. They need to find another C they can put there. And honestly I'd say if they can move Kuz another winger too (though maybe Suter could be fine in the meanwhile).

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

McDavid has been playing pond hockey for 6 years.  They finally have a coach with a proper defensive system which is why they are winning.  

Last 6 games:

Elias Pettersson - 14 points

Connor McDavid - 11 points

McDavid can’t score at the same rate he used to because he now has to play in a more defensive structure.  Petey will now be able to match him point for point playing on the Lotto Line…

Have you actually seen what McDavid has done the last 20 or so games. I really don't like him but Petey's a notch below that talent level...which means he's still friggin awesome!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I have no problem at all with it. I didn't notice any injuries as a result. I saw a good hard fought hockey game by two teams where the refs didn't influence the game. The game was in total control and no team got away with any dangerous play whatsoever.

But still, you never know when harmless play can go wrong due to some illegal infraction that was let go in the very same game.   50/50 plays, I do not mean that but when he is in position to win the battle, they would use hands to hold him back, and the ref let it go and it is not good because he would use leverage with hand to slow him down and win the puck.  That is not 50/50 battle. He was out of position, cheated in order to go in position to win the puck.   In any other game, it is either holding or interference is the usual call. 

I cringe watching 80's game 90's game, the strongest player that is behind would use that tactics and skilled player often lose out and the ref let it go because it's a tradition.  Not true.  In game of hockey, where rulebook favor the skill player but the ref choose his own version of what game should look like.  It became not a game of hockey with skill but game of broken rules where strongest cheat and win games.  You get the idea.  The only strongest player hockey rules is checking where the purpose is to separate the puck from the man.  That is proper view when players do have puck.  In losing position when both doesn't have the puck, using hands in order to win the puck battle is not checking according to the rulebook.  He did not earn the position for the puck is my argument for letting them play is false.   It wasn't the lonely incident but happens too many times when I looked closely and I have noticed a lot more than 10-20 years ago.

54 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Unreal. These guys are good.

Pay Petey whatever he wants to lock him in for 8 years. Get it done. Lfg!!!!!

Agreed but hopefully he realizes that leaving a couple million on the table will cement his legacy as the club will afford depth for the next half a decade! Imo he is worth 13mil+ but hoping for 11m or so.

• Like 1