[Rumour] Dreger: Sean Monahan likely to be traded at the deadline

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

You rated him ahead of Nate MacKinnon and Sasha Barkov?  When?

I'm guessing their sophomore season in 2014-15. MacKinnon had a sophomore slump and Barkov still hadn't established himself as a top guy yet while Monahan had a great sophomore season with 31 goals and 62 points.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Diamonds said:

I'm guessing their sophomore season in 2014-15. MacKinnon had a sophomore slump and Barkov still hadn't established himself as a top guy yet while Monahan had a great sophomore season with 31 goals and 62 points.

Yeah there was a short window in his sophomore year I wondered if MacKinnon would end up being a slightly more talented Mason Raymond, he shook that off quickly though. Year 3 you could tell he was heading the way of a dominant player.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

You rated him ahead of Nate MacKinnon and Sasha Barkov?  When?

I think it was the period Monahan was having constant 60 pt seasons and MacKinnon was underperforming and Barkov was a not the player he is right now. 

I don’t know if this has been posted yet but asking price apparently for Monahan is a 1st round pick 

or 2nd + prospect 

also not worthy of making a new thread about 

GM of Toronto maple leafs Brad trelieving was at attendance of the Canucks and buffalo game then drove back to Toronto afterwards -  tweeted by dan Murphy 

On 1/15/2024 at 7:17 PM, CaptainQuin said:

I don’t know if this has been posted yet but asking price apparently for Monahan is a 1st round pick 

or 2nd + prospect 

also not worthy of making a new thread about 

GM of Toronto maple leafs Brad trelieving was at attendance of the Canucks and buffalo game then drove back to Toronto afterwards -  tweeted by dan Murphy 

I think Monahan is an option if the price goes down.  

Halford and Brough mention treliving in Buffalo on the show yesterday and discussed maybe treliving was looking at Zadorov.  Honestly I like big Z here for the playoffs though.  We need his push back.  

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, kettlevalley said:

I think Monahan is an option if the price goes down.  

Halford and Brough mention treliving in Buffalo on the show yesterday and discussed maybe treliving was looking at Zadorov.  Honestly I like big Z here for the playoffs though.  We need his push back.  

Why would we trade Zadorov at TDL? Our D has been very solid with good depth (Juulsen) now finally! If PA makes a trade, it will be a hockey trade where our team gets better afterwards, and probably cost us draft capital.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, BC_Hawk said:

Why would we trade Zadorov at TDL? Our D has been very solid with good depth (Juulsen) now finally! If PA makes a trade, it will be a hockey trade where our team gets better afterwards, and probably cost us draft capital.

Halford was high.

2 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

They were speculating that we would trade an LD and bring in Tanev.  

9 minutes ago, kettlevalley said:

They were speculating that we would trade an LD and bring in Tanev.  

If we wanted Tanev, we would have traded for him instead of Zadorov. I love Tanev, but he wouldn't be part of our future....just strictly a costly rental. Rather keep Zadorov (resign) and grab a 2C to give us line flexibility going forward.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

If we wanted Tanev, we would have traded for him instead of Zadorov. I love Tanev, but he wouldn't be part of our future....just strictly a costly rental. Rather keep Zadorov (resign) and grab a 2C to give us line flexibility going forward.

Remember we needed an LD because of the Soucy injury and now we have too many LD when everyone's healthy plus Juulsen and Friedman to be 7 and 8.  

4 hours ago, kettlevalley said:

Remember we needed an LD because of the Soucy injury and now we have too many LD when everyone's healthy plus Juulsen and Friedman to be 7 and 8.  

Who is "Too many"? Hughes, Zadorov, and Soucy beyond 2023/24. Cole is on a one year deal, and can play both sides. In addition, Juulsen is a great 7th guy; perfect to split time with Cole on 3rd pair at RHD. I don't see where we have too may....

Edited by BC_Hawk

• 2 weeks later...

This is where things start to gain traction, the Rangers now having Chytil gone officially will seriously be pushing to add a piece. Monahan is very underrated on this site in particular but the suitors who will take a run at him will only grow in number and seriousness.

That said I am quite confident this avenue has been looked at already by Vancouver, two weeks ago when management had a couple pressers about looking to add the wheels would have been well in motion by then.