Nils Åman | #88 | C

Rubik

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Raty is way better defensively than Aman, especially when including faceoffs. Raty also has a way higher offensive ceiling. I do agree with you though that Raty and Bains will be sent down before Aman because of waiver eligibility. 

Raty has shown that he can be pretty good at faceoffs but I question whether he is better defensively. I have not seen that in the games that I have watched.

Just now, Kootenay Gold said:

Raty has shown that he can be pretty good at faceoffs but I question whether he is better defensively. I have not seen that in the games that I have watched.

Raty has more skill and processes quicker than Aman. That allows him to actually apply offensive pressure to the other club. This is something other teams don’t feel with Aman. 

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Raty has more skill and processes quicker than Aman. That allows him to actually apply offensive pressure to the other club. This is something other teams don’t feel with Aman. 

Raty also make a lot more mistakes in defensive coverage. That should improve with another year of seasoning in the AHL

Just now, Kootenay Gold said:

Raty also make a lot more mistakes in defensive coverage. That should improve with another year of seasoning in the AHL

They are very different players Alf. Raty projects as a future top six whereas Aman is likely only a 3rd or 4th liner.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Nope. Raty makes fewer mistakes in the d zone because he keeps the opponents on their heals in the o zone.

14 hours ago, Alflives said:

Nope. Raty makes fewer mistakes in the d zone because he keeps the opponents on their heals in the o zone.

From an asset perspective Raty and Bains can be sent down without risk. I suspect Aman stays as NHL teams go thru their 20 game shakeout. If Bains and Raty are AHL standouts Allvin might trade Aman and bring one of them up. Aman has size and a d-side game which is why he is with the club. His offense is somewhat incidental. Obviously Bains and Raty are on the short list for call ups or even full promotion if Aman is moved. 

• Like 1