[Weekes] Markstrom on the Move?

On 1/12/2024 at 8:00 PM, WHL rocks said:

Hopefully not. I'd rather him make it to a Canadian team. Time for a Canadian team to win a cup so the more stronger teams we have going into playoffs the better our chances. 

I remember when the Habs won in 93. Never thought it would be 3 decades with no cup back then. I was a young man back then now I'm almost 50.

Need the Cup in the great white north before I get so old that I might not see it happen in my lifetime. 

The NHL might allow 1 CUP to Canada but that is all. Likely game management to crown the Laffers. Not fair but good for business. I think PA has to make a couple of deals to give the Canucks a real shot this year. 

On 1/13/2024 at 1:46 AM, HKSR said:

Let's take a moment to appreciate the fact we have not had to worry about that position for nearly 2 decades.  Big kudos and respect for Ian Clark.  Thank goodness we kept him.

Here's a reminder of what things looked like in 2005-06 (pre-Luongo, Marky, and Demko):

Alex Auld - 67 GP

Dan Cloutier - 13 GP

Mika Noronen - 4 GP

Maxime Ouellet - 4 GP

Rob Mcvicar - 1 GP

Good god Dan Cloutier sucked a lot of balls when we needed him the most.  

Edited by Jeremy Hronek

1 hour ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Good god Dan Cloutier sucked a lot of balls when we needed him the most.  

He at least provided some stability in the regular season after a true goalie graveyard between McLean and Cloutier. 

• Cheers 1