[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Buffalo Sabres Jan 13th| 1pm PT/ 4pm ET| KeyBank Center| Break The Matinee Curse Edition

John.Tallhouse

6 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

Here is a question for the knowledgeable amongst us. A fan throws a puck on the ice and there are consequences - I think there is a delay of game rule that applies. Someone will be along to quote the appropriate rule if I am not correct.

Question, Detroit - Octopus (dude, you really stuffed an octopii down your pants?, really), Florida - Plastic rats, Toronto - waffles (yes, I laughed so hard I threw up my scotch, waffles REALLY!!??!?!!!! No wonder TO will never win a cup).

Is this really a rule and if so why would it not be applied - unless of course the Canucks are singled out by our dear friend Gary Bettman.

For the record, when our beloved Canucks win the cup this year and it is in Vancouver, I will be there and launching everything that is not considered a lethal weapon onto the ice ... my cap, the jersey the dude is wearing sitting next to me in the box, my shoes, the podium the concierge stands behind as we walk to the box suites (said concierge is helping to make sure it hits center ice), Shorty's hot dog, etc. ... 

The naked rocket?

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Go Away GIF

Lollll hey I’ll love it if they win both games!!!   I’m speaking realistically.   Then again I did type out they would lose to the rangers.   🙃

22 minutes ago, sassbs said:

Lollll hey I’ll love it if they win both games!!!   I’m speaking realistically.   Then again I did type out they would lose to the rangers.   🙃

Realistically? 

Learn from your mistakes. Cheers!

• ThereItIs 2

4 hours ago, Jaimito said:

I don't think the surgery is done with the current group for this season. 

The major surgery, for sure.  I could see a cheap rental add if they can find one.  That said, if they can't I think they're happy to stand pat

22 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Just waitin' are you? Spoken as a certainty.

Come on now, they WILL lose games but let's not let that overshadow the ones they're winning. As some here tend to do. 

Rocket Science: they won't win every game. But they're damn good and winning most of them. The rest is just noise.

Let's go Canucks, give it  your best and see what happens.

Nooooo one can  be more thrilled that they are tearing it up than me believe me. I’ve been a fan for almost 29 years! That’s longer than most of you guys have been alive for!! 

I’m just saying, they’ve been playing at 100% since jersey.   Plus they have that stupid 10 am game!   It’s really the early game that has me concerned.   
fatigue catches up.   

hey if I’m wrong, I’ll wear a maple leafs jersey in public for an entire day, and you guys know how much I loathe Toronto maple leafs!!!!

2 minutes ago, sassbs said:

Nooooo one can  be more thrilled that they are tearing it up than me believe me. I’ve been a fan for almost 29 years! That’s longer than most of you guys have been alive for!! 

I’m just saying, they’ve been playing at 100% since jersey.   Plus they have that stupid 10 am game!   It’s really the early game that has me concerned.   
fatigue catches up.   

hey if I’m wrong, I’ll wear a maple leafs jersey in public for an entire day, and you guys know how much I loathe Toronto maple leafs!!!!

Most of the posters here are in their 40s, 50s, and 60s. I myself am older than the 29 years you've been a fan. 

• Cheers 4

I feel like I might be the only 1 but I kinda hope the lotto line gets played more strategically. Keep this shook and awe line for the playoffs. Don’t give teams time to figure them out even just a little bit. But get a 2nd line center over a D upgrade to allow deployment of the lotto line with less risks. 

• ThereItIs 1

38 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Just waitin' are you? Spoken as a certainty.

Come on now, they WILL lose games but let's not let that overshadow the ones they're winning. As some here tend to do. 

Rocket Science: they won't win every game. But they're damn good and winning most of them. The rest is just noise.

Let's go Canucks, give it  your best and see what happens.

The main thing is, even if we lose both of these games it’ll be nothing more than a bump in the road. We won’t have to start doing hockey math and hope for teams to lose. We’re very much in control right now. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1