[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Buffalo Sabres Jan 13th| 1pm PT/ 4pm ET| KeyBank Center| Break The Matinee Curse Edition

John.Tallhouse

6 minutes ago, Goalie Interference said:

It's not the *worst* place to be stranded. You'd have to learn to live on chicken wings and beef on weck, but I can think of worse ways to survive. Find me a seat at the Pearl Street Grill, and I could hole up for days.

Come play for us in Buffalo!  We are definitely not the worst city to live in!  We have blizzards and chicken!  And just a drive away from Niagara!  Remember our motto: "It could always be worse"!!

4 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Night in Buffalo might work well in our favour. 

Perhaps they get a better rest and in perfect world the Columbus game gets set back a few hours. 

Just wishful thinking here. 

Bro what do you think this is - the NFL?

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Ha, sweet present. No convertible today.

Old school or new ... what year?

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a Tocchet one ... or a temp 649 would be cool too. @Ribs 

image.png.481478f99aeba07cc5cb8f6c45fab03d.png

I vote for disappointed kuzy and hyped Joshua and wouldn’t be mad at a Boeser bird flip reaction 😅

IMG_0437.jpeg

IMG_0364.jpeg

IMG_0484.jpeg

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 3

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

Indoor rink vs outdoor stadium...can't have people sitting outside in a blizzard. Although, for a game, I would. 😆

And yet, they'll let 80,000 fans sit in -40 tonight for Chiefs-Dolphins? Oh wait--that's a prime time game, and by moving the Bills game, they take an unfavourable TV and move it to prime time on Monday. NFL lol ...

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

And in newer houses, pex pipe is generally freeze tolerant, it then becomes the faucets where water will sometimes freeze in the valves and break them.  Had that happen in our pool house. You don’t want to know what the water bill was when we discovered that. 

Will Smith Lol GIF by Max

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

yea but it looks like you're on the east side of Saskatoon. I hear the west side is warmer. 

Haha, yep you got it. Just off 8th by the Colonial / Copper Mug and Wiggins Park. Really love the area though. 

Hosting a poker game tonight so I've got to pick up supplies and the table before puck drop. I'm not going to lie, the car's been warming up for 30 minutes already. 

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Yes and it’s reschedule for Monday which is forecast to be worse.

The football game was scheduled tomorrow, not today. Tomorrow is supposed to be the brunt of the storm, starting tonight and easing early Monday morning.

3 hours ago, -dlc- said:

That's it, it really won't prove anything. They WILL lose some upcoming games but it's what they've done to put themselves in a position to be able to that counts. But let's not deprive those few of their "AHA TOLD YOU SO" moment.

And, ftr, this is not me being cocky. I take NONE of this for granted and that's sort of my point. They won't kill it all year...but it's ok. They've shown that they can compete with the best of them and even when they lose, it doesn't undo that fact. They've earned where they are.

What I take from all of this is that they're learning to play together as an actual team, and their still learning. 

They've witnessed firsthand how good they can be and I'm sure they only want to get better. 

With Tocchet and the rest of the coaching staff, the team has an excellent support system to keeping it real. 

Of course there will be ebbs and flows, but the fact that we are competing hard every game, and winning, is a hell of a lot better than watching what we have for the past ten years. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, greenbean30 said:

The football game was scheduled tomorrow, not today. Tomorrow is supposed to be the brunt of the storm, starting tonight and easing early Monday morning.

Ah, OK, thought it was today, don’t follow football, compared to hockey it’s absolutely boring.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't be shocked if our game on Monday gets postponed to a later date, which will mean we'd get another back to back added knowing the NHL.

If this storm is gonna be as bad as they are predicting, the boys might not get out of Buffalo until Monday.

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Ah, OK, thought it was today, don’t follow football, compared to hockey it’s absolutely boring.

I absolutely love football, but do see how people find it boring, with all the stop starts.

Hockey is my number 1 for sure, followed by football and football both coming in a 2nd. Baseball and basketball, yeah, those are not sports that can hold my attention.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, sassbs said:

Lolll sorry.  I was being flamed by everyone for making a comment they may lose 1 game either Buffalo or Columbus.     

so you’re aware at how insufferable leafs fans are 🤣

I do, although the Leafs fans I know are a little more humble this year. Mainly because of how well the Canucks are doing. I'm really enjoying bugging them to bet with me on next Saturdays game. I hope it doesn't back fire on me.

Edited by Joe King

Just now, greenbean30 said:

I absolutely love football, but do see how people find it boring, with all the stop starts.

Hockey is my number 1 for sure, followed by football and football both coming in a 2nd. Baseball and basketball, yeah, those are not sports that can hold my attention.

I played football, that was fun, so was playing baseball but always hated basketball, as for watching, hockey is about the only major sport that interests me.

• Cheers 1