[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Buffalo Sabres Jan 13th| 1pm PT/ 4pm ET| KeyBank Center| Break The Matinee Curse Edition

John.Tallhouse

Just now, Cali Canuck said:

Where you located brilac?  I’m in north California. It’s cold for here above 9c 46 f. Next week I will be in the 60s

I'm in Seattle. It's very cold up here! Oh my gosh 🥶 !!

I'm more of an 80sF 90sF kind of person! 

Edited by brilac
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I think Kuz problem is his fitness level. He doesn't have the fitness level to compete

After scoring 39 goals in his first year he thought NHL was easy and didn't come in to the season fully prepared. 

Yeah.  I thought Tocc was too hard on him, but the more I focus on watching him actually play, I can see Tocc's frustration.  Even in this game, I watched him be easily be manhandled and 'de-pucked'   He just doesn't know how to fight for the puck along the boards.  It is probably a lot to do with conditioning.  I am amazed how he managed to elude all those responsibilities last season and scored almost 40 goals.

We all hope the best for him, that he learns Tocchets way, That is what "Canucks Hockey" is now.  Even the little angry elf is superior to him against bigger players. I'm concerned because I don't see much progress.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

Appreciate you commitment and sacrifice! I think that 50/50 instant coffee/whisky will do the trick .

Hmm maybe an espresso whiskey with a dark chocolate chaser.  That would have to work right?

Edited by Cali Canuck
Autocorrect 😟
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

Usually if the Canucks need a goal I’ll have a drink and they’ll score. I had a Mexican themed lunch so I made myself a lime margarita on the rocks.  No help. They looked kind of sleepy so I had a double espresso for them. Still no help. I might have to make myself a whiskey on the rocks. The sacrifices I make for this team 😂😜

Definitely Whiskey 🥃

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Just had an Irish Coffee, I'm giving you the green light as long as you're not driving.

Canucks looked like they had some coffee late in that period.

Demko though had espresso before the game. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

When you don't have goaltending, you really feel it. Luukonen and Levi have over a 3 goals against per game and sub 900 save percentage. The have a lot of kids that need to keep progressing. We added a metric F ton of vets. Most of our moves have been adding vets.

Levi is in his rookie year and there are high hopes for him.  UPL on the other hand is very inconsistent.

Add to that a very young defence and you get pain.  The Sabres need a veteran bottom pairing to help teach and guide the young guys.

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

63F in my apartment. So I agree!

Yeah, it was 59F in my apartment when I woke up this morning around 10:45am. 

The heaters are on. I am going to blow dry my hair today, and bundle up when I go out today! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Darius said:

Seems like they have been stuck in this mode for years.  I bet Edmonton would have been in the same boat if they didnt win that 2015 Lotto.

Its interesting to see all these teams with good components but bad goaltending.  Allvin sneezed and traded for DeSmith.  

Having a winning team isn't just about a good lineup on paper it seems. Even though it was more like that in the non cap era. 

Ottawa should be better and will be soon imo