[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Buffalo Sabres Jan 13th| 1pm PT/ 4pm ET| KeyBank Center| Break The Matinee Curse Edition

John.Tallhouse

3 minutes ago, CaptainQuin said:

Gross

To each his own... I have no burning desire to hear Ian McIntyre's opinion on how the game is going...

I'll come back when the 3rd starts. Until then, I'll watch football...."gross" though it may be to some....

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

I think we need someone with some Iginla'esque qualities. If we can keep growing Dakota into that roll though, swoon. (not talking about Iggy's skillset and points totals, but his all around tough/good well roundedness. 

Just now, RupertKBD said:

To each his own... I have no burning desire to hear Ian McIntyre's opinion on how the game is going...

I'll come back when the 3rd starts. Until then, I'll watch football...."gross" though it may be to some....

I watch both at same time

• Cheers 1

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Crazy idea, but if WSH was to retain on Kuznetsov would a Kuzmenko/Kuznetsov swap make us better? 

Been seeing from Caps fans that Kuznetsov has completely checked out on defense so I doubt it

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Crazy idea, but if WSH was to retain on Kuznetsov would a Kuzmenko/Kuznetsov swap make us better? 

No... Kuznetsov is too old for this team.  Next year he will one year older and slower... year after he will be garbage.

Kuzmenko is young enough he can learn how to play.  And he's got minimum 5 more good years.

• Like 1

Just now, Pears said:

As incredible as our leading after two record has been it makes me unnecessarily uncomfortable too 😂

What was uncomfortable was knowing they’d blow another multiple goal lead the first 3 months of last year. 

7 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

What an ugly game. Just gotta find a way to muck out a win. Zero style points. 

This is awesome hockey! This is where our size needs to do size type things, before they get Hughes or Petey.

Our size needs to get those hits in hard, and some slapshots from the blue line at any sabre wanting some.

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Pass personally. 

Rather get someone with some bite who can play in the top 6. 

Just now, DeltaSwede said:

Been seeing from Caps fans that Kuznetsov has completely checked out on defense so I doubt it

Just now, -Buzzsaw- said:

No... Kuznetsov is too old for this team.  Next year he will one year older and slower... year after he will be garbage.

Kuzmenko is young enough he can learn how to play.  And he's got minimum 5 more good years.

Contract lengths are the same, and Kuznetsov is more of an offensive driver. Could be a 2C. Maybe coming to a contender would be remotivate him, his upside is certainly high.

Anyways just a thought. A dream target for me would be another Russian, Pavel Buchnevich in STL. He would look real nice in our lineup. 

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

I used to have an awesome PIP TV back in the day. Why don't we have those anymore?

No shit Deb.

My new smart TV doesnt seem so smart.

1 minute ago, DeltaSwede said:

What is it with Russians? Does their hockey development omit work without the puck?

In the playoffs, because what we are seeing in this game is what we'll see there, they may need to put Hughes and Hronek with Myers or Zadorov to make sure they have protection close at hand. 

In those types of games, you need someone on the ice when the chickensh*t behaviour starts to happen, so an immediate beat down can be administered.

Just now, kilgore said:

What is it with Russians? Does their hockey development omit work without the puck?

Weird cause the KHL is low scoring. I don’t know much about it or why it’s rare to see 2 way Russians

• Vintage 1