[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Buffalo Sabres Jan 13th| 1pm PT/ 4pm ET| KeyBank Center| Break The Matinee Curse Edition

John.Tallhouse

2 minutes ago, Sergiomomesso said:

-22 atm

was -38 at 6am. 

T-shirt time 

IMG_1861.gif

I actually did that in a t-shirt and shorts and flip flops, I woke up to -41, now it’s a balmy -33.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Hope not.  Buff has tremendous snow removal and deicing equipment at their airport.  They're

very used to these conditions, so hopefully the Nucks get out on schedule.  Or better still, right

after the game, as the worst of the storm is tomorrow.  It's just a 1hr flight to Columbus.,

It's more than wind, rather than the snow. 8pm-9pm tonight the forecast is for around 45km/h wind with gusts to 71km/h.

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Where you at? Fort Nelson?

I remember building the best snow fort in town. I have yet to see a kid build any type of snow fort over the last 2 decades. Hhhhhmmmmm. About the same time IPhones starting becoming popular. Could be a coincidence but I don’t see kids playing outside anymore. 
what a world we live in these days. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Football game is postponed and some discussion on wether the Canucks game would be but it’s not.

Thanks for that clarification! 

Looking forward to another game on this exciting roadtrip! 

Cheers!! 

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

It's more than wind, rather than the snow. 8pm-9pm tonight the forecast is for around 45km/h wind with gusts to 71km/h.

Ok, win the game in reg time, straight to the changing room; no interviews. Arrange for the charter

flight to take off at 6:30pm.  They'll be in Columbus before anyone knows they've left Buffalo.🙂

Edited by higgyfan
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, viking mama said:

Thanks for that clarification! 

Looking forward to another game on this exciting roadtrip! 

Cheers!! 

Great schedule tonight for watching the scoreboards. 

4 pm Edm. v Montreal

7 pm Calgary v VGK

Edited by Barnstorm
Accidentally quoted VM
  • Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, RookieFan said:

Let's be honest and fair here, I stopped commenting 25 games ago when it was clear no one was catching me. I got flamed for my predictions so I stopped posting them publicly but rest assured if I kept showcasing I'd be tops on the list by a long long mile. Gotta pay respect where it's due.

IMG_1720.gif

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Where you at? Fort Nelson?

Been there, done that. Snowmobiling along the Alaska with drunk Uncle Chuck. 40 below and he thought bringing rum was a good emergency kit. Flipped the damn thing on a hill and I had to dig myself out of the snow from underneath it. Good times.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I actually did that in a t-shirt and shorts and flip flops, I woke up to -41, now it’s a balmy -33.

Rookie, I walk barefoot in the snow just for a kick from time to time.  GCG!

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Been there, done that. Snowmobiling along the Alaska with drunk Uncle Chuck. 40 below and he thought bringing rum was a good emergency kit. Flipped the damn thing on a hill and I had to dig myself out of the snow from underneath it. Good times.

Well, it's 40 below and I don't give a fuck, 

Got a heater in my truck, and I'm off to the rodeo! 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

There was a guy in my college when it was snowing out. He wore flip flops, shorts, hoody, baseball cap. Driving his CJ5 Jeep with the top down, and the heater cranked.

I thought he was just nuts.

Some guys are built different.

My heat is cranked right now! I own a big 5400sq ft house and fear my gas bill is gonna hit about a grand this month 😞 

• Sad 2