[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Buffalo Sabres Jan 13th| 1pm PT/ 4pm ET| KeyBank Center| Break The Matinee Curse Edition

John.Tallhouse

30 minutes ago, Sergiomomesso said:

I remember building the best snow fort in town. I have yet to see a kid build any type of snow fort over the last 2 decades. Hhhhhmmmmm. About the same time IPhones starting becoming popular. Could be a coincidence but I don’t see kids playing outside anymore. 
what a world we live in these days. 

My grandkids love to play outside. Actually, my oldest granddaughter and her friends built a small  snow fort on Thursday. 

• Like 4

Just now, Silent Man said:

My grandkids love to play outside. Actually, my oldest granddaughter and her friends built a small  snow fort on Thursday. 

Snow is best with kids. Snow forts, snowballs, snow goons, snow sharks.....

snowmen-header.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Like to see Suter line score today 

Looking back at Dobber Hockey's take on the signing..:

Suter had 60 points in 161 games with the Detroit Red Wings and will look to bolster the centre position for the Canucks, as well as the penalty kill.

What Vancouver Gets

In the fantasy game, there isn't much that Suter brings to the table as a fantasy option. He has had very pedestrian shot rates at 5-on-5, and his best 5-on-5 production season on a per-minute basis was 2021-22, and it was in the bottom-half of the league. For his career, he's averaging less than a hit every two games, though he did reach two shots per game in his first two seasons when he was playing between 16-17 minutes a night. He is unlikely to earn that much ice time unless injuries hit some of Vancouver’s key players. If he can have a 35-point, 140-shot season, it would be a resounding success.

I would say on early returns: the signing has paid off, but yeah I would like to see some points from that line tonight. 

Pius has a champions pedigree as a teenager and thus far has 12 points in 28 games and is plus 13 on the plusminus.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!