[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Buffalo Sabres Jan 13th| 1pm PT/ 4pm ET| KeyBank Center| Break The Matinee Curse Edition

John.Tallhouse

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Gotta admit, QH would be good at any position outside of goalie.

Guy is blessed. 

I wouldn't bet against him being a good goalie too.  GCG!

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Devron said:

I remember a couple silly fans here wanting Quinn to be a forward too 

I'm thinking 4th line grinder. 😁 He needs to work on his fighting. So hard to just switch positions in hockey.

Wooo, nice save Demmer!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jason10009 said:

How do you guys feel about the digitally enhanced dashboards with the virtual ads?  It's like some weird voodoo magic.

Hate them soo much. Takes away from the game. 

I aslo dont like that we dont actually see reality, if you are there at the game the environment is different than what we see on TV. 

i used to love seeing the difference, even the ads of the different cities/buildings we play in. 

• Cheers 2

our PP still looks awful.. and slow.. nothing much changed other than rotating ppl to the point.. seriously.. get some quick passing.. movement get a screen and just blast it.. stop passing skating around slowly giving the pk time to adjust 

Just now, Optimist Prime said:

I am okay with it, they need revenue, I just wonder if the real brick and mortar ads in the building are suffering and therefore being made worth less to the venue, and is there potential for lawsuits or legal issues over that?

The fans see it, as long as they are adjusting the prices as it's not on television broadcasts anymore. Now if they are paying the same and getting less reach. The advertisers would probably just drop it if they didn't feel it was working. It would be an interesting discussion, as the team I don't think is getting additional revenue. It's all on going to the Networks.

Just now, brilac said:

When the virtual ads first started appearing, I didn't fully understand it. I thought they moved at the arena too. I went to a Canucks game in Seattle and after having a  few cans of wine, I was staring at them and wondering why they were not moving...! 

A few more cans of wine and the boards themselves would have been moving 

• Haha 2

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

The fans see it, as long as they are adjusting the prices as it's not on television broadcasts anymore. Now if they are paying the same and getting less reach. The advertisers would probably just drop it if they didn't feel it was working. It would be an interesting discussion, as the team I don't think is getting additional revenue. It's all on going to the Networks.

but the networks have signed ever higher lucrative deals to air the games... shrug, i really don't mind it as the adverts can now be tailored to regional audiences...we may see Ads in the BC broadcast for some Vancouver car lot or something while Buffalo sees ads for malt liquor and guns..lol, i am kidding but you get the idea. 

• Like 1