[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Buffalo Sabres Jan 13th| 1pm PT/ 4pm ET| KeyBank Center| Break The Matinee Curse Edition

John.Tallhouse

1 minute ago, Darius said:

Why does Buffalo struggle every year.  Lots of good pieces in their lineup.  Its a head scratcher for me.

When you don't have goaltending, you really feel it. Luukonen and Levi have over a 3 goals against per game and sub 900 save percentage. The have a lot of kids that need to keep progressing. We added a metric F ton of vets. Most of our moves have been adding vets.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Darius said:

Why does Buffalo struggle every year.  Lots of good pieces in their lineup.  Its a head scratcher for me.

Maybe some players that just don't 'fit' the team.  Somewhat how the Nucks have been in

the past.  Once the Sabres sort things out, they will be a power house.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

Usually if the Canucks need a goal I’ll have a drink and they’ll score. I had a Mexican themed lunch so I made myself a lime margarita on the rocks.  No help. They looked kind of sleepy so I had a double espresso for them. Still no help. I might have to make myself a whiskey on the rocks. The sacrifices I make for this team 😂😜

Alfie donated liver for Nucks

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, brilac said:

So my phone says it's 24F out. It's getting a little warmer out there! Between 3pm-4pm will be the warmest time at 27F.  

I may make my mad dash to the grocery stores! Thank goodness they are all nearby! 

Where you located brilac?  I’m in north California. It’s cold for here above 9c 46 f. Next week I will be in the 60s

2 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

When you don't have goaltending, you really feel it. Luukonen and Levi have over a 3 goals against per game and sub 900 save percentage. The have a lot of kids that need to keep progressing. We added a metric F ton of vets. Most of our moves have been adding vets.

Seems like they have been stuck in this mode for years.  I bet Edmonton would have been in the same boat if they didnt win that 2015 Lotto.

Its interesting to see all these teams with good components but bad goaltending.  Allvin sneezed and traded for DeSmith.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

last game the pizza in the top screen left corner of the rink on my tv rolled along the bottom of the ad WITH the puck zipping by..i was actually outraged by that as i thought it was on purppose, but my wife pointed out it rolled a few times during the rest of the broadcast when the puck was no where near it....just coincidence, but it took me out of the moment. 

It really is terrible.

This is not the future I ordered!

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

Greenway is the Sabres' coach's golden boy from years ago.  I can't imagine the coach would be happy if the GM traded him.

Ah ok. Boy I still think he would look great in a scowling orca under Tocc. 

6 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

Usually if the Canucks need a goal I’ll have a drink and they’ll score. I had a Mexican themed lunch so I made myself a lime margarita on the rocks.  No help. They looked kind of sleepy so I had a double espresso for them. Still no help. I might have to make myself a whiskey on the rocks. The sacrifices I make for this team 😂😜

Appreciate you commitment and sacrifice! I think that 50/50 instant coffee/whisky will do the trick .

7 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Yeah. He's been breaking guys. Rifle that sucker!

Insurance companies has probably complained how expensive Hronek is.

7 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

at the risk of showing my bias: this is a cultural inheritance he suffers from. Feels like that is a repeated theme. 

You mean the amount of vodka a russian drinks after securing a 11 mill contract?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Same reason as Ottawa that has an insane front line up yet struggle on the bottom every year due to goaltending and poor systems.

• Like 1