[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Buffalo Sabres Jan 13th| 1pm PT/ 4pm ET| KeyBank Center| Break The Matinee Curse Edition

John.Tallhouse

2 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Hoping the PGT won't appear with the final score on the title to spoil it for us.

But the one I'm really worried about is the game against CBJ - on the 15th at 10am.  :picard:

I'm gonna try and avoid it as best I can. As for the 15th, that's my day off. So not worried there. That one would be harder to avoid hearing results.

2 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I always find it funny when some people still say ... I need to tape the game.

I'm always like, wow, you still have VHS hooked up. 😉

I gotta do what I gotta do. That or watch the highlights and still miss half of what happened because Matthews stumbled walking in and there is 20 minutes wasted.

• Haha 2

TSN trying to manufacture drama by running a story about Boudreau claiming someone in the Canucks organization wanted Hughes to play center? 😂

What a silly non story. 

Also Hughes would probably be an awesome center! He’s that skilled!

Edited by DeNiro
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

TSN trying to manufacture drama by running a story about Boudreau claiming someone in the Canucks organization wanted Hughes to play center? 😂

What a silly non story. 

TSN is always trying to stir the pot with their special brand of stupid. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

What a silly non story. 

He'd make a great "rover" 

1 hour ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

So, I got these two beauties coming to add to my Canucks collection! Can't wait!

youth-vancouver-canucks-3rd-jersey-jacquard-cuffed-pom-knit-4344f98d-7b3b-4119-8b32-cd1c8d33624d-jpgrendition.jpg

1_370e6f1f-45e0-4bcd-98ec-3764dddf5962.png

Wow! You got a great deal getting JT Miller!

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

What a silly non story. 

the story has made in on HNIC as well..

3 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

the story has made in on HNIC as well..

Come on Bruce be better…

What is the point in “dropping” that?

To make “someone” in the Canucks organization look incompetent or to make yourself look smart because you knew what everyone in the world already knew?

And that doesn’t even make sense. Why would a team with Pettersson, Miller, and Horvat need Hughes to play center. Maybe Bruce didn’t understand a joke?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Come on Bruce be better…

What is the point in “dropping” that?

To make “someone” in the Canucks organization look incompetent or to make yourself look smart because you knew what everyone in the world already knew?

And that doesn’t even make sense. Why would a team with Pettersson, Miller, and Horvat need Hughes to play center. Maybe Bruce didn’t understand a joke?

To be honest. What if we turned Hughes into a winger? 

Boeser Miller Hoglander

Mikheyev Petterson Hughes

Joshua Bluegar Garland

Aman Sutr Lafferty

Soucy Hronek

Zadorav Myers

Cole Juulsen

I’ve thought about it. It gives Petterson a winger he has chemistry with already (Hughes). Hughes style of play would fit a wingers style. Plus we don’t need to think about who to take out of the D-core. Wild idea but it could be doable.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I wonder if there’s an appetite to give Miller, Pettersson, and Boeser’s line a different name than the cheesy lotto line.

I was thinking Motherfuking Juggernaut is a good handle because that’s how they play. 

At least admit that it’s got a ring to it. 

Watch This Hold My Beer GIF by TeamLethal

• Haha 4