[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Buffalo Sabres Jan 13th| 1pm PT/ 4pm ET| KeyBank Center| Break The Matinee Curse Edition

John.Tallhouse

26 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

The main thing is, even if we lose both of these games it’ll be nothing more than a bump in the road. We won’t have to start doing hockey math and hope for teams to lose. We’re very much in control right now. 

That's it, it really won't prove anything. They WILL lose some upcoming games but it's what they've done to put themselves in a position to be able to that counts. But let's not deprive those few of their "AHA TOLD YOU SO" moment.

And, ftr, this is not me being cocky. I take NONE of this for granted and that's sort of my point. They won't kill it all year...but it's ok. They've shown that they can compete with the best of them and even when they lose, it doesn't undo that fact. They've earned where they are.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

23 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Right, ok sure.

Why so cynical.   I don’t get it.  I lived in Surrey for 2 years back when I was 18.  I’m not a homer fan.  I know when there are weaknesses and I know they still need another top 6.    Come playoff time, the “lotto line” will be shut down.  

did you really go back to December to find a quote???

Edited by sassbs

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Damn, 10 am game Monday (hadn't seen that)...good thing I'm starting to feel sick this weekend.....

What?? That’s crazy. I don’t know what stupid holiday it is in the US, but you’d think schedulers would realize there are more Canucks fans who would watch a televised game on Monday than Columbus fans.They should have made it at a reasonable hour.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Joe King said:

Oh and where is this Leafs jersey you may have to wear.Hmmm in your closet?

I live in a Toronto.  Everyone I know including my brother has a leaf jersey. Not difficult to come by. 

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

The main thing is, even if we lose both of these games it’ll be nothing more than a bump in the road. We won’t have to start doing hockey math and hope for teams to lose. We’re very much in control right now. 

Wow. I appreciate your mature reply!  And you’re 100% correct.  If they lose one of those games, means nothing.  

they will continue tearing it up for sure 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Slegr said:

What?? That’s crazy. I don’t know what stupid holiday it is in the US, but you’d think schedulers would realize there are more Canucks fans who would watch a televised game on Monday than Columbus fans.They should have made it at a reasonable hour.

It's MLK day on Monday. Not a National holiday, but many States honour Martin Luther King.

39 minutes ago, sassbs said:

Why so cynical.   I don’t get it.  I lived in Surrey for 2 years back when I was 18.  I’m not a homer fan.  I know when they’re are weaknesses and I know they still need another top 6.    Come playoff time, the “lotto line” will be shut down.  

did you really go back to December to find a quote???

When you use words like "reality"  "I know what they need" (like you do and we don't?). I think I've been quite right about this team.

Besides, I'm not sure you DO know....because a month ago you were wrong. And now you're, once again, trying to predict stuff. But you lost credibility in December. 

If you can go back to '94, why can't I go back to December? Seems fair.

Ignore list is growing...we're not here to hear how much more you know than the rest of us...we're here to cheer on our team. Not just predict failures.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, sassbs said:

I live in a Toronto.  Everyone I know including my brother has a leaf jersey. Not difficult to come by. 

I was just joking. Because that's who I am. I live in Kitchener so I know a few Leafs fans myself.

• Haha 1

They won "game 8" in Boston and believe that was a 10:00 am PT start.

2 minutes ago, RookieFan said:

Canucks never do well with these early east coast games, this is looking like a sleeper loss 📉 

2 minutes ago, RookieFan said:

Canucks never do well with these early east coast games, this is looking like a sleeper loss 📉 

They have been in eastern time zone for over a week now, they'll be fine.   It is more likely that they are wide awake at this time today and Monday.  If today was their first game of the trip and Monday early start then it will become difficult.  You do not adopt the time zone for a few days due to jet lag.  Their jet lag have already disappeared by now.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RookieFan said:

Odds are one of these days you'll hit it right. Keep trying, champ. Love your persistence.

• Haha 3