[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Buffalo Sabres Jan 13th| 1pm PT/ 4pm ET| KeyBank Center| Break The Matinee Curse Edition

John.Tallhouse

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Some kids still do, but far too many are under the spell of the stupid phone far too often. It’s going to have a horribly negative effect on future generations. 

I put more miles on my Kuwahara bmx in one week than my son has on his brand new bmx I bought for him 2 years ago. But he finished COD MW3 in 2 hours. 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Sergiomomesso said:

I put more miles on my Kuwahara bmx in one week than my son has on his brand new bmx I bought for him 2 years ago. But he finished COD MW3 in 2 hours. 

For sure. I remember riding my bike for hours in the summer. I’ve taught my boys the importance of tangible life experience and I think it’s rubbed off on them. 

• Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

It probably means a lot if other teams fabs voted also for them or?

No, only Canucks fans were allowed to vote because we are the best fans in the NHL..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

No, only Canucks fans were allowed to vote because we are the best fans in the NHL..

It's "Vote for Rory" all over again....

Fun fact: The guy who started that was from upstate NY....

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, tas said:

one key difference:

2023-01-13.jpg.5c8422b0c037119d19c902785dcc3f1c.jpg

Road safety. Not stadium roof issue. 

Bills and Steelers fans don't care about the weather. They fill the stadium no matter if snowing or freezing. 

Games gets canceled when the weather is expected to be so bad that it's a safety issue to leave your home..

Edited by WHL rocks

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Figured it had more to do with the risk of fans getting to and from the game but it doesn’t look like the bad weather starts until tomorrow. 

oh, most definitely. nevertheless, hard to play football (or spectate it, for that matter) under 3 feet of snow. 

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Road safety. Not stadium roof issue. 

Bills and Steelers fans don't care about the weather. They fill the stadium no matter if snowing or freezing. 

Games gets canceled when the weather is expected to be so bad that it's a safety issue to leave your home..

see above.

8 minutes ago, Canucklehead said:

Never would have thought we would be undefeated when leading after 2. 26-0 is crazy in comparison to last year where no lead we had was safe. 

Ya top teams almost always win when leading after 2.

Penguins were 39 - 0 one season when they won the Cup..

Flames were 40 - 1 - 2 couple of years ago..

It's my favorite stat for our team this year. Shows we're an elite team.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I was wondering what the ceiling was on this stat. 

• Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

the 26 is more impressive to me than the 0, 43 games into the season. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

31 minutes ago, tas said:

oh, most definitely. nevertheless, hard to play football (or spectate it, for that matter) under 3 feet of snow. 

30 minutes ago, tas said:

see above.

Has nothing to do with (spectating) the game..

It's OK to say "oh I didn't realize that" 

Buffalo of all teams regularly plays games in snow. This is beyond just snow. It's a terrible weather storm with 100+ km/h winds and snow gusts. 

This is a public safety issue. The weather storm is so bad that no one will be leaving their home. Doesn't matter roof or no roof.

[The NFL and Bills issued a statement citing "public safety concerns" as the reason to push back the game by a dry.]

There have been times when Bills team can't even fly home after a road game because of weather storm in Buffalo. It's Buffalo, they play in the snow more than any other NFL team.. this isn't just snow. It's much worse. 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, Tofu_Bud said:

GG!

unpopular opinion but I could see Greenway fitting well on this team 

I watched a lot of Buffalo games early in the year. He's has a resurgence if he carried out that form. He's like Joshua but upgraded. 

49 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Great road win. Demko was amazing but I am tired of having to beat the team and refs.

This has been a memorable road trip for many reasons, crap reffing has been one of them. 

• ThereItIs 3

5 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I watched a lot of Buffalo games early in the year. He's has a resurgence if he carried out that form. He's like Joshua but upgraded. 

Sort of what Im thinking and why I think he could fit well / be that net presence for Suter/Mik

Pks a ton

And as we saw today plays on the line but didnt take any penalties. Id like to have a guy like him in the playoffs if you get antics from guys like Evander Kane etc

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Has nothing to do with (spectating) the game..

It's OK to say "oh I didn't realize that" 

Buffalo of all teams regularly plays games in snow. This is beyond just snow. It's a terrible weather storm with 100+ km/h winds and snow gusts. 

This is a public safety issue. The weather storm is so bad that no one will be leaving their home. Doesn't matter roof or no roof.

[The NFL and Bills issued a statement citing "public safety concerns" as the reason to push back the game by a dry.]

There have been times when Bills team can't even fly home after a road game because of weather storm in Buffalo. It's Buffalo, they play in the snow more than any other NFL team.. this isn't just snow. It's much worse. 

i assure you any attempt at an argument here is one sided. you both misinterpreted my implication and that's ok. there's no fight. 

3 hours ago, Sergiomomesso said:

But was it a Factory Kuwy with the superior cromoly frame and parts?