[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Buffalo Sabres Jan 13th| 1pm PT/ 4pm ET| KeyBank Center| Break The Matinee Curse Edition

John.Tallhouse

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

As always; hockey prevails...note; na na na na naaaaa na..

Indoor rink vs outdoor stadium...can't have people sitting outside in a blizzard. Although, for a game, I would. 😆

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

Those Buffalo snow storms are no joke, got stuck myself last year on the way to Toronto from New York. On Christmas Eve no less 🙃

IMG_3729.mov

Must be super scary!

LOL I had to drive a coworker home on Thursday as the crazy snow/weather hit here....white knuckled all the way. We have terrible drivers here and the fact that two lane streets had no line markers as they were covered in snow was an absolute free for all. We're lightweights...my cousin in Saskatoon reminds me all the time.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So they postponed the Bills/Steelers game tomorrow.

Any word on the Canucks/Sabres game today?

Hopefully they can get out of there before the bad weather hits at least.

I checked Buffalo area webcam, it is not that bad,  Good timing, I guess, ready to leave out of the town, good thing about early start.  3 more hours until game time.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

Must be super scary!

LOL I had to drive a coworker home on Thursday as the crazy snow/weather hit here....white knuckled all the way. We have terrible drivers here and the fact that two lane streets had no line markers as they were covered in snow was an absolute free for all. We're lightweights...my cousin in Saskatoon reminds me all the time.

I bet more than 60% don't even have snow tires or snow rated tires. When we had snow last year, I was driving down Granville heading to work. Some jackass in a 4X4 goes screaming in the far right lane. Just because you have a 4x4 you stop any quicker. I figured I jinxed myself getting all weather tires this year, that we were only going to get rain. Worst part is the snow turns to ice fast on the roads. And people drive far too fast for the conditions.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

29 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Yep, noted. (Had them set to ignore so would have missed this)

Not really hard to tell when trolls strike. They're not quite as clever as they think they are. 

Re the game being cancelled....Bills game is outdoors, right? I imagine that comes into play. I think (HOPE) we'll be ok for the game today!!!

Yup, still playing outside at Arrowhead in KC. Slated to be one of the 5 coldest playoff games in history I believe. Probably 2-3 feet of snow on the field in Buffalo. 

Canucks should play ... and slash the Sabres to pieces!

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, sassbs said:

Lollll hey I’ll love it if they win both games!!!   I’m speaking realistically.   Then again I did type out they would lose to the rangers.   🙃

..and you touch your loved ones with those fingers you typed that with. Forshame

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I bet more than 60% don't even have snow tires or snow rated tires. When we had snow last year, I was driving down Granville heading to work. Some jackass in a 4X4 goes screaming in the far right lane. Just because you have a 4x4 you stop any quicker. I figured I jinxed myself getting all weather tires this year, that we were only going to get rain. Worst part is the snow turns to ice fast on the roads. And people drive far too fast for the conditions.

I got all weather (not all season) tires for my Camaro and I am amazed how well they work.

19 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Yes, with these last four wins, this season is starting to feel a bit like 2010-11 with the feeling of invincibility against even some of the best teams. I'm eager to see how we handle our flurry of games against the other good Pacific teams later on.

I get the feeling of the old Mario led Penguins back in the day. That team just totally dominated. Yes they had the greatest player in the league playing for them but that team just could beat you in so many ways.

Stevens, Jagr, Recchi, Murphy, Barasso,Mullen, Coffey,Samuelsson lots of gamers.

19 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

Those Buffalo snow storms are no joke, got stuck myself last year on the way to Toronto from New York. On Christmas Eve no less 🙃

IMG_3729.mov

That storm last year caused a lot of us to have no power for a couple days. At Christmas it was shit. Can't leave home cause roads are so bad but home has nó heat. 

As per the storm today. I dont even seen snow yet but it is extremely windy.

4 minutes ago, LionofJudah said:

That storm last year caused a lot of us to have no power for a couple days. At Christmas it was shit. Can't leave home cause roads are so bad but home has nó heat. 

As per the storm today. I dont even seen snow yet but it is extremely windy.

That's awful! How do you keep the pipes from freezing with no heat? I'd be freaked out...I was worried about my Dad the past couple of nights...if his power goes, he's got nothing - no phone, heat, lights, etc.

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

That's awful! How do you keep the pipes from freezing with no heat? I'd be freaked out...I was worried about my Dad the past couple of nights...if his power goes, he's got nothing - no phone, heat, lights, etc.

Leave all faucets running slightly. As long as water is moving through the pipes they usually  don’t freeze. 

Have to run the hot water pipes frequently too. Exterior walls with water lines are the worst for freezing. Modern built homes avoid putting any pipes in exterior walls except short runs for outdoor faucets. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, 420Fish said:

I have a very good feeling about today's game. Canucks will not only win, but set some crazy record that leaves our jaws on the ground.

Brock with the hatty to give him 30

Petey with the GWG to tie the NHL record (5)

Demmer

Miller with 5 points

Canucks goal differential +60

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

IMG_3729.mov

I'd start a reality show that shows Vancouver drivers navigating through that kinda snow hahaha

• Haha 1

Just now, Rip The Mesh said:

The toughest challenge for Tocchet this year will be to somehow keep this balanced and even keeled energy going into game 1 of the playoffs.  Surely there will be a LOT of excitement around the locker room when the playoffs roll around.  Need to keep that in check while maintaining that high compete and confidence level.  

10 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

It also helps to open all cabinet doors under sinks to let some air circulate in those areas. Without air moving those cabinet interiors can be much colder than ambient interior air temps. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2