[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Buffalo Sabres Jan 13th| 1pm PT/ 4pm ET| KeyBank Center| Break The Matinee Curse Edition

John.Tallhouse

5 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

That's awful! How do you keep the pipes from freezing with no heat? I'd be freaked out...I was worried about my Dad the past couple of nights...if his power goes, he's got nothing - no phone, heat, lights, etc.

I personally had power but the people I know just said fuck it we'll figure it out later. A lot of people just left their homes. I remember driving on Christmas day and the number of cars in ditches or just left on the side of the road was like a dystopian. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Weak west coast hippie snow. Suck it up! Get out the leaf blower! 

What's hippie snow?

Is it like Indica?

• Haha 1

I used to work on Annacis and hadto drive the 91 each day....glad I avoided that fiasco! My son's friend was stuck there for hours Thursday night. In the words of Matt Good: "once you're in you're pretty much f'd"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LionofJudah said:

I personally had power but the people I know just said fuck it we'll figure it out later. A lot of people just left their homes. I remember driving on Christmas day and the number of cars in ditches or just left on the side of the road was like a dystopian. 

Day after the storm, saw a couple cars buried up to the sunroof 

1 minute ago, iinatcc said:

I have a feeling Buffalo will take this. They have been successful against the Canucks in recent years 

They just might....as much as I know we're due for a loss, I can't bring myself to predict one. Just keep this thing rolling. But the Sabres have won a few recently and it won't be easy. Full 60 minute deal.

And, in the event they do drop a game....well, that's kind of normal/ok. Won't signify anything except you can't win 'em all.

6 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

You totally seem like a Camaro guy dude!!!

Good tires make all the difference. Especially in this lovely weather. This is the view out of my front window. 

20240113_122240.thumb.jpg.d9755d65a3832d605bb82f29ac5c5e6a.jpg

(The little streaks are where my dog sits on the top of the couch 🐶 Lukey lol)

image.thumb.png.1d406dab3a623d00d9a8d462b497a9ce.png

It’s a convertible too, my mid life crisis present from my wife.

• Cheers 3

10 minutes ago, HKSR said:

The toughest challenge for Tocchet this year will be to somehow keep this balanced and even keeled energy going into game 1 of the playoffs.  Surely there will be a LOT of excitement around the locker room when the playoffs roll around.  Need to keep that in check while maintaining that high compete and confidence level.  

All of us remember the TJ Miller playoff mode picture. Forever etched in our souls 💥

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

They just might....as much as I know we're due for a loss, I can't bring myself to predict one. Just keep this thing rolling. But the Sabres have won a few recently and it won't be easy. Full 60 minute deal.

And, in the event they do drop a game....well, that's kind of normal/ok. Won't signify anything except you can't win 'em all.

The day will come when we lose.

Today, is not that day.

• Thanks 1

is it just me or do we need a COW BELL icon or emoji whatever the kids call those things for this site. DLC has been one of the most loyal Moderators/contributors for as long as I can remember...someone get a cow bell icon up to replace the goal light?

Game day means, GO Canucks GO!!! 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

That's awful! How do you keep the pipes from freezing with no heat? I'd be freaked out...I was worried about my Dad the past couple of nights...if his power goes, he's got nothing - no phone, heat, lights, etc.

Your dad doesn't have a cellphone I gather ... just a landline?

I would imagine you're keeping in close contact.

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

The day will come when we lose.

Today, is not that day.

Yeah it is the super early one in Columbus on Monday. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

Your dad doesn't have a cellphone I gather ... just a landline?

I would imagine you're keeping in close contact.

He REFUSES a cell phone. 

Yep, sure am. He got mad Thursday night..."quit phoning me, I'm trying to sleep". His phone is with Shaw so it all goes at once...but at least I get a message stating he's "not available". My signal to go check in on him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Canucks have been coming out of the gate hard and fast the last few games. They go up early and I like their chances. RT can lean on the 3 & 4 lines more. They will be hungry. Hogs got less than 10 minutes TOI last game. I don't expect a loss at all. This game is a real opportunity for the d-core to assert themselves. I expect to see some new wrinkles in this game. Canuck coaches have been experimenting a bit. They could play with their systems by putting the d-men higher up on zone entries. It will get the players excited if they see some change ups. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Viking said:

is it just me or do we need a COW BELL icon or emoji whatever the kids call those things for this site. DLC has been one of the most loyal Moderators/contributors for as long as I can remember...someone get a cow bell icon up to replace the goal light?

Game day means, GO Canucks GO!!! 

Yes!  Our icon/emojis need a revamp 

I vote to include this one 🔥

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

This is sad. I’m starting to feel sorry for Bruce. He wanted to be our coach so badly. He is so butthurt right now. He really needs to retire from hockey and just enjoy life. 

He's starting to act like an angry ex gf...Let it go bro!

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

He REFUSES a cell phone. 

Yep, sure am. He got mad Thursday night..."quit phoning me, I'm trying to sleep". His phone is with Shaw so it all goes at once...but at least I get a message stating he's "not available". My signal to go check in on him.

Hahaha 😆 I could totally picture it. They can be so stubborn. I finally got my dad into one. He used to never have it on him or turn the volume up but he's getting there.

That's good you have a way to know if it's out.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

He's starting to act like an angry ex gf...Let it go bro!

I love Bruce.

Big part in what we are now.

If everything didn't happen exactly how it happened, we may not have the perfect recipe we have right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1