Rutherford views the top 6 as an area of need

Coconuts

4 minutes ago, WillisD said:

Fuk this year's been fun. I'd like to see a guy with some edge and toughness along with scoring brought in. Tall order. I wonder if there's anyway we could pry Kadri from the shames. 

We already got that. JT roughing on Crosby last night? Exactly. We just got to Share JT between the two top lines. 

I bet he could even centre both lines.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Dhaliwal reported today they're looking for a winger mostly, although I'm sure they won't pass up a great C opportunity if it presents itself. 

you really think Dhaliwal knows more than you and I as fans?

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Tusk said:

We already got that. JT roughing on Crosby last night? Exactly. We just got to Share JT between the two top lines. 

I bet he could even centre both lines.

Got to give Benning credit for getting Miller. Love to get us a second line centre. 
Errikson Ek would be great, but the cost is likely prohibitive. 
What about Casey Middlestadt? Too soft? Should come pretty cheap compared to a guy like Ek though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Got to give Benning credit for getting Miller. Love to get us a second line centre. 
Errikson Ek would be great, but the cost is likely prohibitive. 
What about Casey Middlestadt? Too soft? Should come pretty cheap compared to a guy like Ek though. 

2 minutes ago, WillisD said:

Can never have enough 

What Tocc should try... hold on, dont laugh. I am serious.

What they should do is alternate Petey and JT on the two top lines. Fuck up all the other teams video scouting. I think the more movement the better. I dont want to lose anyone we have ATM.

I also dont want to have someone come in unless, see above, we dont have to lose anyone ATM.

You people armchair GMing, you dont see what Garlund brings and what Kuz brings to the team and locker room, even when they are not scoring.

if the food sucks, changing the lunch room lady doesnt get better food.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Pears said:

That kind of says they plan on keeping the lotto line together and are looking at a legit second line center. 

But there lies the inherent problem.

Assuming that….

1. The Lotto line sticks together

2. Garland’s line sticks together

3. Aman and Lafferty remain fixtures on the 4th line

That pretty much leaves you with Hoglander, Suter, Mikheyev, and Kuzmenko as 2nd line winger options.  

A. Ideally, Suter should be on your bottom 6.

B. Ideally, Hoglander should continue to play with Aman and Lafferty unless he is riding shotgun on a VERY stacked 2nd line.  

Pettersson-Miller-Boeser

?????????

Joshua-Bluegar-Garland

Hoglander-Suter-Lafferty

Is how things should be ideally. 

Pettersson-Miller-Boeser

Mikheyev-????-Kuzmenko

Joshua-Bluegar-Garland

Hoglander-Suter-Lafferty

Basically, if want any chance of having an offensively dangerous 2nd line, this is what we’d be looking at…….and the two questions we’d have to ask ourselves, is,

1. “to what likelihood can the addition of a new center turn a Mikheyev/Kuzmenko line into something potentially dangerous?”

2. “To what extent will the Canucks have enough defensive depth in their line up if they packaged Myers++ to acquire said center?”

That’s what it comes down to for me.  The inherent problem in moving Kuzmenko++ for a good 2nd line center, is that the only linemates options would be Suter, Hoglander, Mikheyev…….ultimately meaning that our 2nd line would still be offensively average as a whole. 

It’s always why I believe that IF you’re going to package Kuzmenko++ for a center, then 

1. Make sure the center coming back is exceptionally good defensively (ie Eriksson-EK, Couture, Elias Lindholm, ROR)

2. Have Suter and Mikheyev be the linemates for said center and have them be the ultimate shut down/defensive deployment line (so in essence, this “2nd line” would be known more for shutting down and containing rather than providing secondary offense.  Garland’s line and our 4th line would be counted on more for secondary offense as opposed to this shut down line).

Edited by Jeremy Hronek
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Tusk said:

this article shows they dont know fuck all..... "their success has come from a top-heavy attack. Elias Pettersson, J.T. Miller, and Brock Boeser dominate the top line and operate at better than a point-per-game pace for the season."

I mean they have been on the lotto line what, 4 games now?

I think they've provided a high % of the scoring even when they weren't on the same line so technically accurate if specifically wrong..

• Cheers 1

To get a top 6 whoever that may be they have to clear space, Mik ain't going, the way Garllands been playingI would doubt he's leaving. They'd be nuts to trade Hoglander..so guess that leaves Kuzmenko but they'd have to retain some $$ I think which defeats the purpose or sweeten the pot with a choice or a prospect

9 minutes ago, Tusk said:

What Tocc should try... hold on, dont laugh. I am serious.

What they should do is alternate Petey and JT on the two top lines. Fuck up all the other teams video scouting. I think the more movement the better. I dont want to lose anyone we have ATM.

I also dont want to have someone come in unless, see above, we dont have to lose anyone ATM.

You people armchair GMing, you dont see what Garlund brings and what Kuz brings to the team and locker room, even when they are not scoring.

if the food sucks, changing the lunch room lady doesnt get better food.

Of course we see their value. We just want more

2 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

I think they've provided a high % of the scoring even when they weren't on the same line so technically accurate if specifically wrong..

Well.... sure, so isnt most of your scoring supposed to come from the first two lines... then we have all the third line goals.... I mean, the only things that need to change is Mik/Kuz got to get LIT. And they need a center like Petey or JT to do that. SO as fun as Lotto line is, we need to share Petey or JT with the second line. Let Hogs back up opposite Boeser., I dont care who is in the middle, JT or PT.

I think there is a few things in play here. First, I dont think the Lotto line is sustainable and I dont think they will want that to be a permanent thing. 

I really think they want Petey to have his own line but Kuz is just not working out. I heard the rumour of Monahan and also rumours that Kuz and Hogs were in play. Coincidentally our two who occupy the doghouse but I think Hogs is here for good.

The obvious move is to trade Kuz for Monahan as he could do what Miller has done for Petey and play center when needed. He also provides a little more size for Petey's line as well. Size on one side and speed on the other. This might work for him. 

The other issue is that I think they are putting too much in one basket with Hughes and Hronek too. They really need these two to run their own lines and support the second line. 

I knew Garland just needed the right line mates and I believe he has finally found the right ones. We could almost say he single handedly made his own second line with two unsuspecting personnel. 

I think if we find the right player for Petey, we could move into a position I have never seen this team be in before. Three strong lines, at the same time, thats crazy.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I think there is a few things in play here. First, I dont think the Lotto line is sustainable and I dont think they will want that to be a permanent thing. 

I really think they want Petey to have his own line but Kuz is just not working out. I heard the rumour of Monahan and also rumours that Kuz and Hogs were in play. Coincidentally our two who occupy the doghouse but I think Hogs is here for good.

The obvious move is to trade Kuz for Monahan as he could do what Miller has done for Petey and play center when needed. He also provides a little more size for Petey's line as well. Size on one side and speed on the other. This might work for him. 

The other issue is that I think they are putting too much in one basket with Hughes and Hronek too. They really need these two to run their own lines and support the second line. 

I knew Garland just needed the right line mates and I believe he has finally found the right ones. We could almost say he single handedly made his own second line with two unsuspecting personnel. 

I think if we find the right player for Petey, we could move into a position I have never seen this team be in before. Three strong lines, at the same time, thats crazy.

Mikheyev-Monahan-Hoglander as a 2nd line seems pretty “meh” to me.

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Well.... sure, so isnt most of your scoring supposed to come from the first two lines... then we have all the third line goals.... I mean, the only things that need to change is Mik/Kuz got to get LIT. And they need a center like Petey or JT to do that. SO as fun as Lotto line is, we need to share Petey or JT with the second line. Let Hogs back up opposite Boeser., I dont care who is in the middle, JT or PT.

My comment was related only to your assessment of the accuracy of the article/interview. I think we all agree that we need more secondary scoring and probebly a good 2C. But so far as it is we're having a "fairly good" season LOL

5 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Mikheyev-Monahan-Hoglander as a 2nd line seems pretty “meh” to me.

Mikheyev-Petey-Monahan is what I was thinking with Monahan taking faceoffs like Miller currently does.

Hoglander could play on Miller's line.

Hogs-Miller-Boeser

Mikheyev-Pettersson-Monahan

Edited by EdgarM
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

Mikheyez-Petey-Monahan is what I was thinking with Monahan taking faceoffs like Miller currently does.

Hoglander could play on Miller's line.

so.... you thinking JT is not the center on the lotto line? He is just doing faceoff duty. ok then. You must watch the CBC or the TSN

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Although the Canucks lead the NHL in goals (164), their success has come from a top-heavy attack. Elias Pettersson, J.T. Miller, and Brock Boeser dominate the top line and operate at better than a point-per-game pace for the season. However, Vancouver's next most productive forward is Ilya Mikheyev at 22 points. Blue-liners Quinn Hughes and Filip Hronek rank third and fifth, respectively, in team scoring.

Bang on! 

As we can see Garland Joshua Blueger Suter have been holding up their end of the bargain. Mikheyev and Kuzz are bro's from the old country. Those 2 are our weakest links at FWD and IMO are the 2 who are best suited to help each other. Just need to find their scrotums. 

• Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If the Flames would retain 2 mil per then sure. As long as it’s Kuz Misdile straight across. 

For me, knowing what Toronto pays... and wouldnt pay him more that 4, Calgary would have to retain %50 on that 7million for anything to happen. 

People are sleeping on Zegras right now as a potential option.  Other options include Fabbri, Rasmussen, Kotkaniemi, Krebs, Glass or even Laughton.  Allvin will want someone who fits that age range or who has term left.  All of these players are semi underperforming or between that 22-29 age range that fits the scenario of needing an additional C/W and age.

Our 1st will 100% be up for grabs and you know that Bruszteweicz or Podkolzin are also options in a package with it and the players I just listed fit the criteria needed.

Edited by Warhippy

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

People are sleeping on Zegras right now as a potential option.  Other options include Fabbri, Rasmussen, Kotkaniemi, Krebs, Glass or even Laughton.  Allvin will want someone who fits that age range or who has term left.  All of these players are semi underperforming or between that 22-29 age range that fits the scenario of needing an additional C/W

Our 1st will 100% be up for grabs and you know that Bruszteweicz or Podkolzin are also options in a package with it and the players I just listed fit the criteria needed.

Both Kuzmenko and Mikhalev are under-performing.  So we want to trade them for someone else who is also under performing? is that the thing we are doing? 

like trading blank marbles and thinking we are doing something?

While messing with the team chemistry. Kuz and Mik need a center. Guess what! We have two of the best centers in the League, JT and Petey.

• Like 1