Rutherford views the top 6 as an area of need

Coconuts

Switching up Boeser and Kuzmenko to even out the Top 6 + trading Mikheyev++ for Elias Lindholm

What if the Canucks did the following:   

Miller-Pettersson-Kuzmenko

Hoglander-Lindholm-Boeser

Joshua-Bluegar-Garland

Aman-Suter-Lafferty

Under this scenario, Mikheyev would be the player that the Canucks traded (him and Lindholm have almost identical cap hits).  

Edited by Jeremy Hronek
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Switching up Boeser and Kuzmenko to even out the Top 6 + trading Mikheyev++ for Elias Lindholm

What if the Canucks did the following:   

Miller-Pettersson-Kuzmenko

Hoglander-Lindholm-Boeser

Joshua-Bluegar-Garland

Aman-Suter-Lafferty

Under this scenario, Mikheyev would be the player that the Canucks traded (him and Lindholm have almost identical cap hits).  

Lindholm would be great, but also a rental that would cost a lot. For me, that's a pass. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 5forFighting said:

Without moving money, there is no room to add. That means someone from the roster with a sizeable contract goes. 

Unless they add a Phil Kessel or Corey Perry. 

Kessel and Perry are not top 6 players. I also question Kessel’s fitness and Perry’s chemistry with the team.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

People are sleeping on Zegras right now as a potential option.  Other options include Fabbri, Rasmussen, Kotkaniemi, Krebs, Glass or even Laughton.  Allvin will want someone who fits that age range or who has term left.  All of these players are semi underperforming or between that 22-29 age range that fits the scenario of needing an additional C/W and age.

Our 1st will 100% be up for grabs and you know that Bruszteweicz or Podkolzin are also options in a package with it and the players I just listed fit the criteria needed.

Kotkaniemi would be an excellent get. The rest of those guys, especially are just okay. Zegras is a room cancer. Just say no. 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Both Kuzmenko and Mikhalev are under-performing.  So we want to trade them for someone else who is also under performing? is that the thing we are doing? 

like trading blank marbles and thinking we are doing something?

While messing with the team chemistry. Kuz and Mik need a center. Guess what! We have two of the best centers in the League, JT and Petey.

And....I just listed a bunch of centres who could be had to help supplement them.

The main and fundamental issue is players like MOnahan and Lindholm will be fought for by every team in the league based on production v cap hit.

Gotta look elsewhere.  What the team needs is a quality defensively responsible or offensive RHC to move that ladder position from 2c and 3c to help offset the miller petey work load.

Over paying for Lindholm or Monahan is a bad idea

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Agree on all accounts.

Zegras is a douche, Perry needs help, and Kessel is old and has breasts.

One wildcard with Zegras is he's apparently good friends with captain Hughes, so maybe he'd mature quickly on our team?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

One wildcard with Zegras is he's apparently good friends with captain Hughes, so maybe he'd mature quickly on our team?

Zegras is way overpaid on his second contract. Ducks would need to retain A LOT. Much rather have Kotkaniemi. 

Totally agree with J.R - Second line is our biggest area of need.  The D is looking pretty tight right now with no injuries. Sure i would love another top 4 RHD but i wouldn't pay the price for that. 

I'd give up

Any draft pick this year. 

Anyone on Abby not name Raty.

Any prospect not named Lekkerimaki or Willander - tho that being said I would trade Lekkerimaki  for a reallllly good piece that is going to be part of the core ( like Ek). The reasons for this would be his value is never going to be higher - he is still unproven on NA Ice and could struggle with his slight build and i can't spell his god dam name ! 

I'd say no to expensive rentals that take 2-3 of the pieces above. 

Prefered approach for me would be to bring in someone like Greenway or Crouse that we could probably get for a First plus Kuz / sub blue chip prospect. Someone that can win board battles, and create space would really help the other pieces on that line if Petey or even Miller drops down to it.  They're not going to destroy the Salary cap moving forward and could be a long-term piece. 

I'd hate to give up one of our 'blue chips' now as we are reallllly going to need them to help with the salary cap pain moving forward. I think we have a really good chance to do some serious post-season damage this year. The team is sooo good right now. But there are lots of really good teams in the West and the core has little in the way of post season experience. I'd hate to sell the farm only to fall short and then that's it for the core for the next few years and we end up with huge balance problems like the Laffs. We have a solid 4-5 year window with this core in which time we have a great chance to win it all. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Pears said:

That kind of says they plan on keeping the lotto line together and are looking at a legit second line center. 

Well it also includes wings as part of a top six, he didn’t say they needed a centre specifically…. I think everyone is on the same page that someone who CAN play Centre would be better as it gives you more flexibility to move Petterson or Miller to the wing where they are more offensively productive.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Kotkaniemi would be an excellent get. The rest of those guys, especially are just okay. Zegras is a room cancer. Just say no. 

Plus, if you're going to give up the 1st + Podz or Bruzer, it better be a hell of a lot better than what's been suggested. 

Personally, I wouldn't trade Podz. He's the kind of player we're looking for. 

18 minutes ago, Provost said:

Good thing we have the answer already in the organization!

0A4C85B8-D52E-40B6-AB48-79FE998ABFCD.jpeg

If he wasn't our best D man, I'd be tempted to try it.

Tell him to practice face offs, and we'll try him at center next pre season.

Gonna need some real beefy wingers though.

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Thomas Novak.  

He looks like he has some promise.   Right age, cheap contract and good possibility that

Carolina might make a trade, as he has 3 young C's ahead of him and a couple nipping at

his heals.  His #s show some development.  Do you know he has any defensive potential?

Is he good skater? etc

When they decided to move on Horvat, the plan was to have Petey and Miller as the top 2 centres.  Switch the wingers who are playing with  Pettersson and Miller.  Petey was slumping with Mik and Kuz.  He needs to play with better forwards like Boeser and Suter.  Miller is more capable of carrying a line so he would do better than Petey with Mik and Kuz.

Suter Pettersson Boeser

Mikheyev Miller Kuzmenko

Joshua Blueger Garland 

Hoglander Aman Lafferty

Suter is the problematic piece.  He is probably the next skilled forward but is under utilized on the wing imo.  They could certainly do with a top 6 winger for Petey's wing but for now, there is no urgency.

12 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

When they decided to move on Horvat, the plan was to have Petey and Miller as the top 2 centres.  Switch the wingers who are playing with  Pettersson and Miller.  Petey was slumping with Mik and Kuz.  He needs to play with better forwards like Boeser and Suter.  Miller is more capable of carrying a line so he would do better than Petey with Mik and Kuz.

Suter Pettersson Boeser

Mikheyev Miller Kuzmenko

Joshua Blueger Garland 

Hoglander Aman Lafferty

Suter is the problematic piece.  He is probably the next skilled forward but is under utilized on the wing imo.  They could certainly do with a top 6 winger for Petey's wing but for now, there is no urgency.

I like the idea of trying Miller with Mik and Kuz. I would have Hoglander up with Petey and Suter centering the 4th (Aman to wing) though. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Meh Tocchet and him likely wouldn't get along. 

I mean… you’re almost certainly right. But it’s still a little fun to think about Petey turning him back into a 40 goal scorer