[PGT] Vancouver @ Buffalo

Miss Korea

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Edmonton is in there too. Only 3 Pts behind LA and on a 9 game win streak..

Long ways to go. Don't know which 2 of VGK LA EDM will play each other in 1st round..

We need to finish 1st in West to get the optimal matchup. 

The Smelly Soilers will pass the kings. The Kings might miss the playoffs. 

Great team to watch. Certainly one of the best i have seen since the early 80’s.  Also, a good eye opener as in the playoffs other teams will certainly target hughes for a lot of dump in punishment..  

1 hour ago, Tusk said:

I wonder if its a record for 5 players and a Coach going when its not the hosting City. Toronto has less players ha ha ha.

Now we have to decide which two to send to skills along side Petey.... Hughes and JT? Brock and JT? We have to decides so we dont split the votes

Why not Hronek? It doesn't have to be one of the 44 players , does it?

2 minutes ago, Cocanuck said:

Great team to watch. Certainly one of the best i have seen since the early 80’s.  Also, a good eye opener as in the playoffs other teams will certainly target hughes for a lot of dump in punishment..  

Teams trying to pressure Hughes will get trapped. He’s the best passing D man in the league. We will score on off man rush chances. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, The Duke said:

Is this the best Canucks team we’ve ever seen?

Cop-out answer would be wait and see.. and fair enough.  But I’m starting to think it might be. 

The top end talent of Hughes, Miller, Petey, Demko, Boeser and Hronek are all playing at an elite level.  

And the team has very good depth - lots of solid two way forwards who can chip in offensively. A big, mobile defence group. 

Top notch goaltending from both Demko and DeSmith.

We know they can score  and the defensive side of the game just continues to get better and better. 

The best asset might be that the roster and the coaching staff seem to be an excellent match for each other.  

• Cheers 2

19 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Petey is already in, but we get to vote 2 more players.

Who should go? Can someone create a thread with a poll, JT and Boeser or JT and Hughes, Or Hughes and Boeser?   Its worth a $million.

Petey, Miller, Boeser, Demko, Hughes, and Tocchet are going to the All-Star game

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

13 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Why not Hronek? It doesn't have to be one of the 44 players , does it?

yeah they have to be in the All star lineup to play in skills. Petey was already auto selected cause he won hardests shot last year

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayDangles said:

Really this game couldn't have gone better. We got the two points while Buffalo exposed a weakness without any canuck being injured.

It's very clear to management now (because Allvin was in the building) that if teams target Hughes and Petey, we really don't have enough grit in the top or bottom 6 do do anything about it.

Proud of Miller for not shying away, but we need a bit more pushback to dissuade team from taking multiple runs at our guys.

This team is a solid 8/10. I think we can skip the defence and look for a #2 centre and a physical winger.

That's not how I interpreted that at all