[PGT] Vancouver @ Buffalo

Miss Korea

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Will be very interesting to see how the Canucks play against this new look Oilers.  Are they really that good? Or are the just on a heater?

Oilers have the softest schedule in the league right now.

Habs, Red Wings, Blackhawks, Sens, Ducks, Sharks, Devils.

Only two tough opponents in the Kings and Rangers.

Oilers are playing much better but they haven’t been tested. Their schedule gets much tougher in a couple weeks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Oilers have the softest schedule in the league right now.

Habs, Red Wings, Blackhawks, Sens, Ducks, Sharks, Devils.

Only two tough opponents in the Kings and Rangers.

Oilers are playing much better but they haven’t been tested. Their schedule gets much tougher in a couple weeks.

They've also beaten VGK, WPG, CAR on top of NYR, LAK, PHI.   Can't really say it's been that soft of a schedule.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Will be very interesting to see how the Canucks play against this new look Oilers.  Are they really that good? Or are the just on a heater?

We'll see in the final game vs oils Apr 13 

Many games vs Vegas, LA, Jets, Avs, Bruins all still to come.  

It's a process.  One bite of the elephant at a time.  I'm glad it's later in the season, a true measure of Nux progress prior to the playoffs.

PA isn't sitting idle before the TDL.   More surgery expected.  

Just now, HKSR said:

They've also beaten VGK, WPG, CAR on top of NYR, LAK, PHI.   Can't really say it's been that soft of a schedule.

Caught Vegas, LA and Carolina slumping with goaltending issues.

Impressive to win that many no doubt. But I still think they’ve had a pretty fortunate stretch here.

• Vintage 3

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Impressive to win that many no doubt. But I still think they’ve had a pretty fortunate stretch here.

They've won 18 of their last 21.  3 losses in 1/4 of a season is impressive.  

16 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

not only that they have had the most rest of practically any other team.  They have had multiple days off between games and barely any back to backs. Cushy schedule in terms of rest allowed.

I just hope they are duped into thinking Skinner is adequate and they can make a run with him..

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I am just sick of hearing them winning like 10 in a row when that streak was extended tot his point by like 6 games playing non playoff and bubble playoff teams. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Flyers are a sleeper team in the East. 

Torts has them working really hard, the question is in the playoffs when their effort level gets matched do they have the talent to win a series?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HKSR said:

They've won 18 of their last 21.  3 losses in 1/4 of a season is impressive.  

The Oilers gonna oil. 

Tears like this isn't new with season play.

They had a 9-game win streak last year, and a 11-game and 15-game point streak that year too(that 9-game win streak was included in one of those point streaks). 

They already had an 8-game win streak this year too separate from their current one.

5 minutes ago, Darius said:

not only that they have had the most rest of practically any other team.  They have had multiple days off between games and barely any back to backs. Cushy schedule in terms of rest allowed.

I just hope they are duped into thinking Skinner is adequate and they can make a run with him..

They probably are making the playoffs. They have a regular-season team. After that, it's a hope and a prayer. 

Just now, 24K said:

I am just sick of hearing them winning like 10 in a row when that streak was extended tot his point by like 6 games playing non playoff and bubble playoff teams. 

Kraken just won 9 in a row. 

Panthers won 9 in a row and finally lost tonight.  

Teams go on streaks in a season all the time.   

LA had a 11-0 road game winning streak, NHL record, but now they lost 8 in a row.  

4 minutes ago, 24K said:

I get it, but if the Canucks won 10 in a row that included NJD, NYR, LAK, and PHI, we would be mighty impressed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

They probably are making the playoffs. They have a regular-season team. After that, it's a hope and a prayer. 

What I don't like is that deep down we all know the Oilers are one hot goalie from going deep into the playoffs, possibly even winning it all.  Likelihood is it won't happen, but you never know with goalies.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1