[PGT] Vancouver @ Buffalo

Miss Korea

Just now, HKSR said:

What I don't like is that deep down we all know the Oilers are one hot goalie from going deep into the playoffs, possibly even winning it all.  Likelihood is it won't happen, but you never know with goalies.

If they play a team like Vegas in the 1st round they might have trouble matching up 4 lines. 

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Kraken just won 9 in a row. 

Panthers won 9 in a row and finally lost tonight.  

Teams go on streaks in a season all the time.   

LA had a 11-0 road game winning streak, NHL record, but now they lost 8 in a row.  

Speaking of which, what the heck is going on with LA? They looked so good up until recently... age catching up to them as we hit the 2nd half?

Just now, Jaimito said:

Kraken just won 9 in a row. 

Panthers won 9 in a row and finally lost tonight.  

Teams go on streaks in a season all the time.   

LA had a 11-0 road game winning streak, NHL record, but now they lost 8 in a row.  

The Oilers have had an amazing past 21 games. 18-3

Streaks like this aren't new to them. They had two separate 11 and 15 game point streaks last year. 

1 hour ago, stawns said:

That's not how I interpreted that at all

Well.. let me ask you this. 

Do you think players on the Sabres felt deterred from taking runs at Hughes? 

There were 3 heavier plays against Hughes in the game. I'm not saying any of those hits warranted someone dropping the mitts, but the fact that there was a 1st run, then a 2nd, then a 3rd... that's a problem.  Or it's at least a problem waiting to happen

• Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Chill dog. It was a joke from back when we won another game and the CanucksFanForLife feller said we shouldn't be happy. I wanted to keep the tradition going 

You gotta put sarcasm in like italics or something! Jeeze.  You got me.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

The Oilers have had an amazing past 21 games. 18-3

Streaks like this aren't new to them. They had two separate 11 and 15 game point streaks last year. 

And in that same stretch the Canucks only had 4 less points with a 15-4-2 record and a much tougher schedule.

We’re just not getting it done with big streaks but rather keeping our losing skids short.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

There were 3 heavier plays against Hughes in the game. I'm not saying any of those hits warranted someone dropping the mitts, but the fact that there was a 1st run, then a 2nd, then a 3rd... that's a problem.  Or it's at least a problem waiting to happen

Time will come if the Canucks are feeling comfortable in the standing and will send their big guys after them if they attempt to harm any of our star players and doesn't care about any of the points in March if we are too far high in the standing behind any of 2nd overall team.  We play against Sabres in March so it might happen if they gained the reputation of being a dirty team.  I have noticed them a little bit dirty with unnecessary target like that.

9 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Speaking of which, what the heck is going on with LA? They looked so good up until recently... age catching up to them as we hit the 2nd half?

Seems like a good guess to me, they're schedule is finally giving them more than 2 games a week.😆

Just now, DeNiro said:

And in that same stretch the Canucks only had 4 less points with a 15-4-2 record and a much tougher schedule.

We’re just not getting it done with big streaks but rather keeping our losing skids short.

It's crazy.  Isn't something like only two 2-game losing "streaks"?

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yeah, we've played pretty well. Especially on this road trip.

I could see Canucks, Knights and Oilers taking divisional spots. LA/Seattle in a wildcard.

Would be pretty sick to face Seattle in the 1st round ngl. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Well, you're not going to stop players from taking runs if they want to.  What you should look at is, did it get the Canucks off their game?  Not at all, other than Hughes himself.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

That's the key right there, if we keep it like that we'll grab one of the divisional spots 

14 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

The Sabres were frustrated and doing anything they could even after we took on multiple players from their side and knocking some out of the game. They were down to 3 defenceman twice.

It's different with a team having nothing to lose, you can't just throw out Bob Probert and they'll turn into whimpering blobs.

2 minutes ago, Sonoman said:

Let’s show another replay on our B.C. Highway Overpass impact camera 😉 

As a retired truck driver (32) yrs. I’m absolutely disgusted in these immigrants that are getting passed off as truck drivers. They've undermined hourly wages , mileage and destination rates as well. Sorry not finding that part of these vids funny. 

• Cheers 2