[PGT] Vancouver @ Buffalo

Miss Korea

32 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

We need to start losing, these PGTs used to be nice and focused on how much the Canucks stink now everyone’s arguing about everything, geography, who’s got the biggest penis…

Garland.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Dumb Nuck said:

We need to start losing, these PGTs used to be nice and focused on how much the Canucks stink now everyone’s arguing about everything, geography, who’s got the biggest penis……

Nah, it’s only your wife that got the measure stick. 😄

Especiallt now when we’re winning all the time. 
Is it like the draught period for you now?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

Nah, it’s only your wife that got the measure stick. 😄

Especiallt now when we’re winning all the time. 
Is it like the draught period for you now?

Well, I did go from feast to famine. Guess you don't know what you've got til it's gone.

All I can say is we better win the Cup so my sacrifice is worth it.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I recall someone predicting we wouldn't win a single game on this road rip.

After the vegas loss in november, i had some guy on reddit say that we would be below 500 by Christmas. I pointed out that we would have to go 2-9 in that time for that to happen and it was more likely that we would go 9-2, but he wasnt backing off of his assertion. I wonder what that dude is thinking of the team now

8 minutes ago, Thats a small body said:

After the vegas loss in november, i had some guy on reddit say that we would be below 500 by Christmas. I pointed out that we would have to go 2-9 in that time for that to happen and it was more likely that we would go 9-2, but he wasnt backing off of his assertion. I wonder what that dude is thinking of the team now

Probably a Leafs fan, they’re not that bright.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, JayDangles said:

Well.. let me ask you this. 

Do you think players on the Sabres felt deterred from taking runs at Hughes? 

There were 3 heavier plays against Hughes in the game. I'm not saying any of those hits warranted someone dropping the mitts, but the fact that there was a 1st run, then a 2nd, then a 3rd... that's a problem.  Or it's at least a problem waiting to happen

2 hours ago, coolboarder said:

Time will come if the Canucks are feeling comfortable in the standing and will send their big guys after them if they attempt to harm any of our star players ...

I was thinking about this (Sabres targeting Hughes) during the game. The targeting was not egregious, just extra physicality, but it could be enough to throw Hughes off his game and maybe wear him down. 

One school of thought is that it depends on the score. With that strategy, if you are ahead in a close game you don't do much because you don't want to take a bad penalty and you don't want to give the other team energy. This applies especially on the road, where you want to avoid burning through your own energy reserves. 

But you need to send a message to try to deter targeting your star players. Maybe some after the whistle scrums. Maybe a little extra attention to other team's star players, but nothing that draws a penalty or uses up too much of your energy or changes the flow of the game.

Escalating is usually a bad strategy. What you want on the road is a quiet, low energy, boring win.

If the targeting of Hughes or Petey crosses a line and become dangerous in terms of potential injury, then of course the Canucks would have to go after the guy responsible or the star players on the other team as a message to the other team and to the rest of the league.  But the threshold for that is pretty high. Fortunately, the Canucks now have some guys that most of the players in the league do not want to tangle with.

10 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

At some point Mikheyev, Suter, and Kuzmenko have to do something. 

The amount of money dedicated to that line, they need to produce. They have been good defensively, but they need to start putting some numbers on the board.

They had all been contributing before being removed from their lines for the lotto line being put in place.

This is an example of utilizing the team's position and trying out differing combinations.

Mikheyev and Suter are getting chances. Kuzmenko and Mikheyev have clicked a little.

I see Kuzmenko getting to the right spots more so now but he has to be much harder on pucks and stick checking etc. Seeing him get to the right areas and at times watch or stand around rather then engage. Hope to start seeing that.

But all that being said I dont expect the lotto line to be a permanent thing.

• Cheers 2