[PGT] Vancouver @ Buffalo

Miss Korea

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Listened to radio post game. They played the Dahlin post game interview. All he did was make excuses and whine about head shots. 11.25 per for that guy. Sabres will never be a winning club with his type of attitude. 
We have Hughes, who is a far superior player and a true leader. 

His nick name is Darling

Like how he plays.

• Haha 4

If its as bad in Buffalo as it is where I am the canucks should have left town yesterday. Can not see my dogs playing in my backyard type whiteout. Although it might be fine. My drive home at 2 am lastnight was half "not a snowflake in sight roads dry" to " I can hardly see the hood of my car" and it was only a 45 min drive. (Buffalo being about an hour from me)

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Listened to radio post game. They played the Dahlin post game interview. All he did was make excuses and whine about head shots. 11.25 per for that guy. Sabres will never be a winning club with his type of attitude. 

And for 3.5m a year cheaper than Darling

• ThereItIs 2

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Yes.   Was stoked when we signed him, and he's going to for sure play above his cap hit.   Was MIN best D in the bubble I felt, or at least the most noticeable in a good way for them.   Made things awfully tough on our forwards.   At the time was curious about Dumba given his name kept coming up for a couple years on this site as a target - it was Soucy (Hartman too as an aside) that left a lasting impression though.   Was on his bandwagon going back a couple years now.   Happy, when SEA didn't sign him, stoked when we did.    Big Z.   What a difference in one year! 

I was on the same boat as you. He really stood out to me in the bubble and wanted him ever since. I'm just very glad we did sign him

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Meh, he's nowhere near that value. Whiney and soft.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Where are the negative posters? Only show up in the PGT after losses?  Fishing in other ponds?

They have no ammo right now. It does make it pretty boring here with out them I say.

I miss it actually,it adds a little spice to the conversation.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, LionofJudah said:

If its as bad in Buffalo as it is where I am the canucks should have left town yesterday. Can not see my dogs playing in my backyard type whiteout. Although it might be fine. My drive home at 2 am lastnight was half "not a snowflake in sight roads dry" to " I can hardly see the hood of my car" and it was only a 45 min drive. (Buffalo being about an hour from me)

They tried to leave last night, their plane was scheduled to fly out at 8pm but was cancelled. I have a feeling that our game tomorrow will be postponed if the weather is gonna be as bad as they were calling for in Buff today. Lots of cancelled flights out of Buffalo today(pretty much every flight currently lol)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

They tried to leave last night, their plane was scheduled to fly out at 8pm but was cancelled. I have a feeling that our game tomorrow will be postponed if the weather is gonna be as bad as they were calling for in Buff today. Lots of cancelled flights out of Buffalo today(pretty much every flight currently lol)

If they need to reschedule this game it could be great for us, we get some extra rest before the homestand.

5 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Great to see we can win games in different ways but we must be tired, this has been a hard, long road trip against the top teams in the league and we've destroyed them one after the other. I keep expecting a loss or let down but we find a way to win a game. CBJ might be the sleeper game if Buffalo wasn't but again, all we need is one or two of our stars to shine and it seems we can beat teams playing at 60-75%.

Top line comes up empty for once, bottom-6 produce, defence was great and Demko shines big time.

Who knows who will step up at CBJ but you'd like to see our special teams come up clutch. Demko does need to win us more games like this though, we can't be scoring 5+ goals a night.

Thing is, they didn't come up empty as Brock scored that beauty. But it was offside, so called off. But it was nice to see him snipe one.

• Vintage 1

9 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

At some point Mikheyev, Suter, and Kuzmenko have to do something. 

The amount of money dedicated to that line, they need to produce. They have been good defensively, but they need to start putting some numbers on the board.

I don't know about you, but, these two are doing a lot of the heavy lifting. Pk, forecheck, backcheck, it's not all about points. Yesterday Kuz was noticeable in a good way. I'm sure last year you were on the Kuz bandwagon like all of us.

• Vintage 3
  • ThereItIs 1

26 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Sabres have some bigger guys but used dirty tactics that lacked integrity. Cheap shots after the whistle and going after Hughes...taking runs all game. The refs were awful but our team is learning to play above all that and still win. It's ridiculous at times though....the Lafferty cheek slam? WTH was that? Shot on Soucy post whistle. Garbage stuff....this team's headed to the sewer.

People hoping Greenway comes here? No thanks...he's a punk. This team wins through hard work and he's going to be in the box more than not. Let him rot there.

Yup. Serious character issues in the Sabres’ core players.