[PGT] Vancouver @ Buffalo

Miss Korea

39 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Maybe the team purposely stayed in Buffalo so that would happen…🤔

The Bills playoff game is rescheduled for tomorrow too, pretty sure the Canucks had no choice. They're Buck in Suffalo!

Edited by Johngould21

51 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Laugh out loud at this crap

https://sabrenoise.com/posts/officials-show-sheer-incompetence-buffalo-sabres-loss-canucks-01hm3zyecr2h

The Buffalo Sabres have fallen victim to some of the worst officiating in the 2023-24 NHL season.

But neither of the aforementioned incidents even came close to the sheer incompetence that unfolded on Saturday night when J.T. Miller rammed Sabres defenseman Rasmus Dahlin in the head. The hit, which injured and took Dahlin out of the game between the 4:02 and 15:33 marks of the second period, drew only a two-minute elbowing because Miller supposedly hit Dahlin’s arm before making contact with his head. 

Miller’s dirty hit on Dahlin was yet another in a long list of ill-fated officiating calls against the Buffalo Sabres. And if they’re going to tack on misconducts for arguing calls or for boarding penalties that did not keep the player on the receiving end of them out of the game for an extended period - unlike Dahlin who was gone for 11 minutes, why wouldn’t you give J.T. Miller the same treatment?

Whatever the case may be, it’s becoming clearer that the NHL has a real officiating problem, and the hit on Dahlin wasn’t the only no-call of the night. Filip Hronek also landed a high hit on Mattias Samuelsson, and the rugged blueliner missed the rest of the contest as a result, but the officials refused to make a call. Shame on the NHL for letting not just this inconsistency, but sheer incompetence, occur with who are supposed to be world-class officials - case in point, they are not.

Written by someone with one eye who was watching the game on their phone through a telescope in a blizzard?

Homer take...I mean, there's a huge flipside. Lafferty's cheek told enough of the story of the officiating. 

419919054_10160721500705549_221299731839

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Laugh out loud at this crap

https://sabrenoise.com/posts/officials-show-sheer-incompetence-buffalo-sabres-loss-canucks-01hm3zyecr2h

The Buffalo Sabres have fallen victim to some of the worst officiating in the 2023-24 NHL season.

But neither of the aforementioned incidents even came close to the sheer incompetence that unfolded on Saturday night when J.T. Miller rammed Sabres defenseman Rasmus Dahlin in the head. The hit, which injured and took Dahlin out of the game between the 4:02 and 15:33 marks of the second period, drew only a two-minute elbowing because Miller supposedly hit Dahlin’s arm before making contact with his head. 

Miller’s dirty hit on Dahlin was yet another in a long list of ill-fated officiating calls against the Buffalo Sabres. And if they’re going to tack on misconducts for arguing calls or for boarding penalties that did not keep the player on the receiving end of them out of the game for an extended period - unlike Dahlin who was gone for 11 minutes, why wouldn’t you give J.T. Miller the same treatment?

Whatever the case may be, it’s becoming clearer that the NHL has a real officiating problem, and the hit on Dahlin wasn’t the only no-call of the night. Filip Hronek also landed a high hit on Mattias Samuelsson, and the rugged blueliner missed the rest of the contest as a result, but the officials refused to make a call. Shame on the NHL for letting not just this inconsistency, but sheer incompetence, occur with who are supposed to be world-class officials - case in point, they are not.

So their whining starts at the top. Loser club with loser core players. Dahlin is the worst of the bunch. Toxic contract now too. 

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Do you think Canucks fans come off any better when they whine about officiating?

Dahlin, in his post game interview, whined and made every excuse. Didn’t take any responsibility for his piss poor play. He’s headed for another Green Jacket! Can’t win with that kind of attitude in their highest paid player.,

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I had to do some stuff last night....just turned on the replay of the Leafs/Avs late in the third. Just in time to see the Avs take over and win.

Double whammy happiness.

Is it psychological? I honestly didn't sleep last night and am feeling lousy. Sick day tomorrow? Or did I plant that seed because there's a game tomorrow? I did have to spend the entire day at UBC in a huge room filled with a hundred people on Wednesday...many of whom were coughing. Postponed my booster shot from this weekend to next.

Do I have Canuckitis or legit stuff? 

I've talked to at least 6 or 7 people now that are sure they're getting sick, then I realized I that I was too but just one symptom, a runny nose. 

We aren't use to the dry air / lack of humidity. Lowest readings I've ever seen in the lower mainland, ever..

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Not sure that they had a choice 

True. Because even if they took a bus to Columbus, it's about 5 hours under normal conditions, if it had already started snowing heavy, that's an unnecessary risk to everyone's safety. 

• ThereItIs 1

20 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Good to see improvement in PK 

Great to see.

You can get by with a poor powerplay or poor pk but not both.

If you’ve only got one special teams side going better to be the pk.

10 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

It was retribution for the hit on Dahlin. But from what I saw, Miller hit him square with his shoulder. Dahlin had his head down. He's 6-3 202 lbs. JT was simply playing a hard game and he should have kept his head up. 

And that non-call on Lafferty after the goal was a friggin' joke. 

Greenway can go stuff it.

Miller's hot was definitely high, but it certainly wasn't major worthy.  The right call was made on that play

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Dahlin, in his post game interview, whined and made every excuse. Didn’t take any responsibility for his piss poor play. He’s headed for another Green Jacket! Can’t win with that kind of attitude in their highest paid player.,

What's that got to do with the post I was referring to?

Just now, stawns said:

Miller's hot was definitely high, but it certainly wasn't major worthy.  The right call was made on that play

Miller kept his arms down and clearly wasn’t targeting.

Pretty easy call.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Miller kept his arms down and clearly wasn’t targeting.

Pretty easy call.

He kept his arms down and hit with his shoulder. I dont know how the refs gave him an elbowing call. He might have elbowed the ref who was in the way

2 minutes ago, Tusk said:

He kept his arms down and hit with his shoulder. I dont know how the refs gave him an elbowing call. He might have elbowed the ref who was in the way

At that point they had to call something to appease the fans.

Sabres fans and players are just frustrated, I get it. We’ve definitely been there. 

6 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Better an elbowing call than a hit to the head.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

At that point they had to call something to appease the fans.

Sabres fans and players are just frustrated, I get it. We’ve definitely been there. 

It was a penalty........I think they went with the only one that would be a minor penalty