[PGT] Vancouver @ Buffalo

Miss Korea

31 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Do I have Canuckitis or legit stuff? 

Why not both?

Now, real the question is, if you take tomorrow off, watch the Canuck game and feel better soon after, can Canuckitis be put into the ICD?

17 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Great to see.

You can get by with a poor powerplay or poor pk but not both.

If you’ve only got one special teams side going better to be the pk.

PK is essential.  If I recall correctly Bruins in 2011 run had a bad PP but still won the cup.  Defense win championships. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

15 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Edmonton is in there too. Only 3 Pts behind LA and on a 9 game win streak..

Long ways to go. Don't know which 2 of VGK LA EDM will play each other in 1st round..

We need to finish 1st in West to get the optimal matchup. 

Yup, Coilers getting love from the NHL. They were gifted a PP late in the third and then one in OT to beat the Habs in MTL.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NHL Tyranny said:

Yup, Coilers getting love from the NHL. They were gifted a PP late in the third and then one in OT to beat the Habs in MTL.

They weren't gifted anything, the pp in ot was a pretty obvious penalty

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, NHL Tyranny said:

No love from any of the canadaian sports websites either. Canucks are at the bottom of the page while teams who have stunk for large portions of the season like Edmonton and Toronto get all the recognition and for what? All their inconsistent play. I get tired of the lack

of respect but whatever they can cheer for teams who have proven nothing and put all their money into four players only to watch them bow out early because the team isn’t built properly. It’s worked so well so far. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

And we know from experience sometimes refs choose not to call them. 

An obvious high stick, clearly visible to everyone in the building gets called everytime

36 minutes ago, stawns said:

Miller's hot was definitely high, but it certainly wasn't major worthy.  The right call was made on that play

But they looked at WHY .... Dahlin had the puck then reached as he either lost control of it or tried to push it forward. JT's elbow was in and he didn't leave his feet. 

It wasn't even an elbow.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

An obvious high stick, clearly visible to everyone in the building gets called everytime

You have to look no further than the cheap shot on Lafferty after he scored. Shoulder into his head when vulnerable.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Johngould21 said:

You have to look no further than the cheap shot on Lafferty after he scored. Shoulder into his head when vulnerable.

I wasn't talking about Lafferty, I was talking about Miller's hit, which was a penalty.

I don't really engage in whataboutism

Edited by stawns

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

9 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

And we know from experience sometimes refs choose not to call them. 

The penalty against Evans right before OT was really bad. McDavid grabbed him & Evans got a penalty. Typical McD stuff. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 2

4 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

But they looked at WHY .... Dahlin had the puck then reached as he either lost control of it or tried to push it forward. JT's elbow was in and he didn't leave his feet. 

It wasn't even an elbow.

If the ref wasn't in the way I doubt theres a problematic hit.

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

The penalty against Evans right before OT was really bad. McDavid grabbed him & Evans got a penalty. Typical McD stuff. 

Mcbaby whines more than anyone, I'd be so embarrassed if he were a Canuck. 

• ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

No love from any of the canadaian sports websites either. Canucks are at the bottom of the page while teams who have stunk for large portions of the season like Edmonton and Toronto get all the recognition and for what? All their inconsistent play. I get tired of the lack

of respect but whatever they can cheer for teams who have proven nothing and put all their money into four players only to watch the bow out early because the team isn’t built properly. It’s worked so well so far. 

You can see the bias even in the SN all-star headlines:

THREE MAPLE LEAFS!!!, and 4 Canucks headed to the all-star game.

It's not all bad, because using the same logic, the Canucks are ahead of the Jets at least as Tocchet's name comes before Bowness's when mentioning the coaches going to the all-star game.😛

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'll double down, in how many games do penalties get called in the last minutes of a tie game? Off the top of my head, I'd say the Canucks have had at least three this season called against them. The Coilers it seems get a few more of those than any team.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

I wasn't talking about Lafferty, I was talking about Miller's hit, which was a penalty.

I don't really engage in whataboutism

Poof there goes your argument. It happened right in front of the referee.

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Johngould21 said:

Poof there goes your argument. It happened right in front of the referee.

Again, I'm not talking about Lafferty.  I'm not sure why you continue to engage in whataboutism.

Miller's hit was a penalty.......it wasn't severe, it wasn't a major, it was a minor penalty and the right call.

It was a 2 min penalty, what's the big deal?

6 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Again, whataboutism.  The penalty in ot, which was what I was referencing, was absolutely an obvious high stick and an obvious penalty.