[PGT] Vancouver @ Buffalo

Miss Korea

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

This. Exactly!

I'd be ok if they did call it roughing. Sure, fine.

It's them making stuff up that bugs me.

welcome to the new NHL game management policy. I get that the ref's had to control that game to keep it from really going out of hand, so I'm not upset that Miller got a penalty to settle things down. 

Just wish the league had better consistency on the game management rules. Because from team to team, game to game, I have no idea what to expect on calls like this. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Just now, Bob Long said:

welcome to the new NHL game management policy. I get that the ref's had to control that game to keep it from really going out of hand, so I'm not upset that Miller got a penalty to settle things down. 

Just wish the league had better consistency on the game management rules. Because from team to team, game to game, I have no idea what to expect on calls like this. 

Almost like refs are humans and subjective and not robots.  Who knew?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

Toronto guys talk about EP contract situation

I don't want Toronto people chiming in.

Ulterior motives.

Focus on Weelander and leave Petey outta your mouth. 

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

What a bs statement. 

They're highly paid professionals too. Do better.

Weak deflection from them missing the Lafferty high hit. How can you be subjective about that????

Besides....this is a "whataboutism".  "What about the fact that they're human/subjective". Stick to the calls they missed without straying? Your rules.

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

16 hours ago, Alflives said:

Teams trying to pressure Hughes will get trapped. He’s the best passing D man in the league. We will score on off man rush chances. 

This is why making the playoffs is so important to player and team development. Great players need to learn how to handle pressure and adversity.

Always rebuilding doesn't teach you how to win. Simply making the playoffs will be a great success for the Canucks this year. Playoff experience is critical. Hughes, Petterson etc will need to learn how to play and be successful with a target on their back. Sending another player in there to have their back and take penalties is not a recipe for success in the playoffs.

Looks how many times Tampa had to lose before they learned how to win. Look at the Leafs.. and list goes on

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

52 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

And we know from experience sometimes refs choose not to call them. 

Like that obvious penalty against Petey in overtime against the NYR in Vancouver, which led to the Rangers scoring the winning goal? 

Is that what you're talking about! 

Edited by Barn Burner
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

It was attempt a high hit heaven last night.

We're lucky to get out of there without any major injuries. 

Who was the Buff player that got slighty clipped early on and didn't come back? I think that's where the beef started. 

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, stawns said:

OK, but surely there must be a way of doing this a bit more consistently? 

I have no issues with the refs having to find a way to settle down the goon stuff and making the call on Miller in isolation, but other plays like when Petey got screwed in OT vs the Rangers, that stuff should be reviewable. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

Canucks are getting dicked around with cancelled flights. They were originally supposed fly out yesterday after the game

Ya I don’t think any of us are allowed to complain if they lose this next one. The boys have been on a bus or in an airport all day it seems. Honestly just cancel the game and give us the two points. Also start playoffs 😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

even if Miller had been mistakenly called for that, there's no way DOPS would have given him any kind of a suspension. The head wasn't the intended point of contact.

I also think Dahlin played it up a bit.

Dahlin is a “drama” boy. 11.25 cap allocation for a guy who is terrible defensively and average offensively. Sabres should have traded him when he had some value. Now they’re stuck with him as their highest paid guy and leader. Will never win with his attitude. 

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Like that obvious penalty against Petey in overtime against the NYR in Vancouver, which led to the Rangers scoring the winning goal? 

Is that what you're talking about! 

When they impact the game, it shouldn't be "subjective" it should be clear and concise. There's a rulebook, follow it. Winging it just doesn't fly.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

When they impact the game, it shouldn't be "subjective" it should be clear and concise. There's a rulebook, follow it. Winging it just doesn't fly.

the NHL can and should automate offside calls now. We have the tech to do it. 

Save the reviews for stuff like game winning goals that were scored due to a penalty. 

Also, drop whatever the hell they are doing on face-offs. Its ridiculous. 

22 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

That makes for a long travel day, what with having to get up to Toronto (train?) and then

no flight until 4:10 (hopefully).  They won't arrive in Columbus until 5:30. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Exactly. And how isn't that a penalty against Greenway? Like WTF??? 

Right in front of the friggin' ref! 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I don't want Toronto people chiming in.

Ulterior motives.

Focus on Weelander and leave Petey outta your mouth. 

A month or so ago these same goofs shat all over the. Players and the org. They don’t really care about peteys situation it’s a Chance to take a shot at the org given all the success it’s seeing  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Samuelson...

Thats why Buff was so pissed. They considered it an elbow to the head.

It's what started everything.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nhl/articles/amp/buffalo_sabres_mattias_samuelsson_exits_game_vs_canucks_with_upper_body_injury/s1_16958_39811552

The Buffalo Sabres announced that defenseman Mattias Samuelsson would not return to today’s matinee game against the Vancouver Canucks.

Samuelsson took an elbow to the head from Canucks defenseman Filip Hronek.