[PGT] Vancouver @ Buffalo

Miss Korea

2 minutes ago, Joe King said:

I don't really like the idea of A.I. for officiating. Maybe the teams can compile a list of the refs they feel they prefer numbered 1 through whatever amount there are. Then try to schedule one ref preferred by each team as closely to the top of each teams list as possible. It's a fast paced game and there will be missed calls. 

Teams don't get to pick and choose refs, nor should they be able to.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Teams don't get to pick and choose refs, nor should they be able to.

So wait, what?

Refs pick and choose...you said so yourself. So why can't teams?

Nor should the refs.

5 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I was sure they would...was a nice surprise. I feel somewhat hopeful.

After seeing the head contact I thought he was gone for sure considering I've seen us get majors for much less. 

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

Then that's proof positive that refs don't have some sort of vendetta against the Canucks, correct?

One instance doesn't change how awful they were yesterday and have been on this road trip. 

1 minute ago, Pears said:

After seeing the head contact I thought he was gone for sure considering I've seen us get majors for much less. 

One instance doesn't change how awful they were yesterday and have been on this road trip. 

Awful how?  It was a pretty evenly officiated game

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

I don't want Toronto people chiming in.

Ulterior motives.

Focus on Weelander and leave Petey outta your mouth. 

They would like to create and see us overpay, so they can justify and lessen their overpays to feel better about their signings

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Ballisticsports said:

They would like to create and see us overpay, so they can justify and lessen their overpays to feel better about their signings

Exactly what I thought...yep. 

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

So will regs skate with earbuds in with ai telling them what to call?  Would ai call everything or are we ok with game management as long as it's ai?

That’s a bit far fetched..

AI would not work..

Intention, severity , and physical force of sticks or players against other players.

But a dude on a monitor, aware of a call being made , on direct line, and sitting waiting to talk to the Calling Referee would.

Lets be more realistic and not “Futuristic “ ..

Being “Futuristic “ not evolve this game.

15 minutes ago, stawns said:

Be unhappy all you want, I don't control that for you.  I understand that it's part of the game and has always been a part of the game.......one that I think makes it more interesting.

I'd just as soon see a fairly called game, and let the players and luck decide how it plays out, rather than have officials screw things up until someone gets hurt or give the game to the team that didn't deserve it.

Fortunately for us, neither of those last two things happened yesterday.

Edit: by "fairly called", I don't mean 10 PP's per side per game

Edited by Kragar
  • Cheers 2

37 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

It's easy to forget it's a business. NHL revenue forecasting doesn't want McDavid out of the playoffs.

time for us to take action and vote two of the guys into the skills competition with Petey

• ThereItIs 1

21 minutes ago, stawns said:

Be unhappy all you want, I don't control that for you.  I understand that it's part of the game and has always been a part of the game.......one that I think makes it more interesting.

What's "it's"?

Shitty reffing.

So maybe time to change...things DO change over time if they're not working great. I mean, you could apply your statement to a lot of things in life but, thank God, change does happen. Or we'd still have slaves and women shut out of voting, etc. We evolve over time and this should too.

You don't accept something because "it's always been". That's old gentlemen's club fodder/bs. 

Remember Bertuzzi? Things were supposed to be changed and kept in check? So they didn't escalate? Yeah, last night that smash to Lafferty that they ignored. They're doing a piss poor job at times and no, that's not "more interesting"...it's more dangerous.

You're stuck on a stance but you're doing less to convince us, not more.

• Cheers 3

10 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

The fans voted and they can hear us.

But for the skills competion they put two oilers in, two avs, and two Leafs. Just one Petey.

We have to vote again but we shouldnt split votes, I voted for all three. And Tocchet. I dont know if we can get tocc in, but worth a try

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, stawns said:

So will regs skate with earbuds in with ai telling them what to call?  Would ai call everything or are we ok with game management as long as it's ai?

No. We can start with offside calls eg, and leave review time for important things like game winning goals.

• Like 1

The league needs to reschedule make up games when this Weather turns extreme..

another dis service to players, and stress added that could cause devistating injuries.

This league treats them like meat,  rather than the élite athletes they are.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

image.thumb.png.0ac0840ee034a96a89c5c2daab58431a.png

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

The league needs to reschedule make up games when this Weather turns extreme..

another dis service to players, and stress added that could cause devistating injuries.

This league treats them like meat,  rather than the élite athletes they are.

Old news.  That's exactly what happened.  They've probably already landed in Columbus now.

As for the stress --> injuries argument... come on.  These guys are hockey players.  They are not soft.  They have seen snow.  They have seen buses.  Player safety and fan safety is a legit argument.  But the stress causing devastating injuries?  Come on.

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

No. We can start with offside calls eg, and leave review time for important things like game winning goals.

But OT could cover a clip, trip , slash ect that has caused a game winning goal..

not a bad way to start the system review 

• ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, Tusk said:

The fans voted and they can hear us.

But for the skills competion they put two oilers in, two avs, and two Leafs. Just one Petey.

We have to vote again but we shouldnt split votes, I voted for all three. And Tocchet. I dont know if we can get tocc in, but worth a try

#NHLAllStarVote  Quinn Hughes #NHLAllStarVote  JT Miller #NHLAllStarVote  Brock Boeser

Just read an article from a Sabres writer whining about the "horrible officiating" in yesterday's game. Everyone wants to blame refs when a call, it lack of a call impacts the outcome a closely contested game.  Every team in the league can show a highlight reel of horrible calls for an against, so get over it.  Not sure why refs out away the whistles sometime and let things slide and yes, there is time where we see great inconsistency from game to game...but that is the way it is.  Unlike Ice Dance, the outcome is still in the hands of the competitors on the ice 

4 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

image.thumb.png.0ac0840ee034a96a89c5c2daab58431a.png

Old news.  That's exactly what happened.  They've probably already landed in Columbus now.

As for the stress --> injuries argument... come on.  These guys are hockey players.  They are not soft.  They have seen snow.  They have seen buses.  Player safety and fan safety is a legit argument.  But the stress causing devastating injuries?  Come on.

You sure about that? Total travel ban on Highways in Erie County other than emergency service vehicles.

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I dont think the league has ever been this consistent.  I think we tend to forget how things used to be.  

If you want across the board consistency, then they'll have to mechanism officiating and that will completely ruin the game.

Refs are people, no two people are the same and no two refs are going to call the game the same.  It's never going to happen

The consistent standard in the playoff and regular season is a must.  If they differs in the playoffs, the habit will continue with cycle repeating, taking it easy during regular season and ramping it up in the playoffs and ref shallowing their whistle is not what the league needs.   If you call it by the book, the habit will die.  I remember a good old day where obstruction were the king and ref had to call everything for the habit to die and it has been a success and now the only standard is to make standard from regular season and the playoffs be the same.   I think that the ref is afraid to make a call even more in the playoffs making it worse. Tbh, the ref should not have a fear making calls if it is same and we will accept as it is.  If they do differently in the playoffs, we will continue to complain, not a good look for ref since hockey was invented.