[PGT] Vancouver @ Buffalo

Miss Korea

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

No intention of getting into this conversation but that was a frikin awesome hit! Dork deserved it many times over anyways. 

Churla deserved it, POS. But he didn't even have the puck if I remember correctly. Man, wonder what a player would get for that now, lol. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

No intention of getting into this conversation but that was a frikin awesome hit! Dork deserved it many times over anyways. 

No argument here, it's one of the highlights of that run.  Still, yikes.  It pretty much ended churlas career as he was never the same

1 minute ago, Rekker said:

Churla deserved it, POS. But he didn't even have the puck if I remember correctly. Man, wonder what a player would get for that now, lol. 

He wasn't even close to the puck.......not even in the vicinity.  In fact he was so far from the play, he was completely out of the refs vision

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

Considering the elbow that Bure got away with on churla, Canucks fans didn't have a lot to complain about in '94.  Bure should have been gone for the rest of the past season and a decent chunk of the following season.

Messier hit on Linden in the last minute of game 6 was okay? 

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, stawns said:

Again, whataboutism.  The penalty in ot, which was what I was referencing, was absolutely an obvious high stick and an obvious penalty.

So, Lafferty's isn't cut in the face isn't a penalty is what you're implying? Looks obvious to me. Whataboutism.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Cocanuck said:

That would be the positive outcome yes,,  the other side is he will get worn down very quickly and with his size how long will he take the punishment..  playoffs are a different animal and teams will most certainly hit him at every chance.  Hope there is a strategy to offset this

the strategy is to put bigZ on his wing when the other team is taking liberties. Z will take an instigator and a 5 no problem. Then Myers gets a turn. Then Juulsen. Then Soucy, and finally Hughes and Cole and Heronik can finish the game.

5 hours ago, Goal_thecup said:

Nux look lean and trim, like pros ready to Take You Out.

Laffs don't.

Miller's neck looks like he follows George "Corpsegrinder" Fischer's neck workout. It's as thick as his head. 

image.png.4d97240a442113683fb3fdfd308cdb21.png

19 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

So, Lafferty's isn't cut in the face isn't a penalty is what you're implying? Looks obvious to me. Whataboutism.

I didn't say it was or wasn't a penalty.  I wasn't talking about it at all.  It has no bearing on it whatsoever.

30 minutes ago, stawns said:

I didn't say it was or wasn't a penalty.  I wasn't talking about it at all.  It has no bearing on it whatsoever.

You said that Canucks fans didn’t have much to complain about in 94. I complained about in in 94 since it was the next game after the incident you referenced.
Bure  was being targeted the entire game and decided to retaliate. Since he wasn’t a repeat offender, it didn’t stand to reason that he should be given a suspension for a decent chunk of the next season. 
Messier, on the other hand with the blind side hit, which was well away from the play…….

10 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

You said that Canucks fans didn’t have much to complain about in 94. I complained about in in 94 since it was the next game after the incident you referenced.
Bure  was being targeted the entire game and decided to retaliate. Since he wasn’t a repeat offender, it didn’t stand to reason that he should be given a suspension for a decent chunk of the next season. 
Messier, on the other hand with the blind side hit, which was well away from the play…….

If that happened today, bure would be out for the rest of the playoffs and likely a chunk of the start of next season.......so, no, Canucks fans have nothing to complain about.  That would have been the end of the run.

Probably one of the worst non calls in the history of the game.

2 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Oh man. I wish we played that sieve Martin. Should have given him and his 3-8-1 record and .886 avg a game against his old team. I wouldn't want to play him either if I was the coach. I am really wondering why the heck Martin has played so many games. Merzlikins is only 7-8 but he does have a .907 avg.

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

If that happened today, bure would be out for the rest of the playoffs and likely a chunk of the start of next season.......so, no, Canucks fans have nothing to complain about.  That would have been the end of the run.

Probably one of the worst non calls in the history of the game.

It didn’t happen today. So there’s that. 
I was at the game, and I think that Bure got tossed from the game.

Far from one of the worst non calls in the history of the game. 

Leaf fans will say the Gretzky hit on Doug Gilmour cost them a cup and Ducks fans will tell you that the Gary Suter cross check to the face of Paul Kariya was the worst ever. No penalty, and only four game suspension for Suter.

For all intents and purposes that hit ended Kariya’s career. 

10 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

It didn’t happen today. So there’s that. 
I was at the game, and I think that Bure got tossed from the game.

Far from one of the worst non calls in the history of the game. 

Leaf fans will say the Gretzky hit on Doug Gilmour cost them a cup and Ducks fans will tell you that the Gary Suter cross check to the face of Paul Kariya was the worst ever. No penalty, and only four game suspension for Suter.

For all intents and purposes that hit ended Kariya’s career. 

No call........he was fined $500 by the league.

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Considering the elbow that Bure got away with on churla, Canucks fans didn't have a lot to complain about in '94.  Bure should have been gone for the rest of the past season and a decent chunk of the following season.

1 hour ago, stawns said:

49 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Honestly, what a joke.

So saying someone "should have been gone for the rest of the season + isn't "saying it was a penalty?"  Uh, what? 

We're not stupid, say what you mean and mean what you say. Yes, you were inferring it WAS a penalty because if it wasn't, why would he be gone?

Game playing to make it stick but it's coming unglued.

Refs have been getting it wrong for decades...and yes, it can be changed. 

It's a redeeming quality, to be able to see things differently and not stay stuck on something that's "always been" (shitty). We're not the only fans complaining about the refs...they just do a piss poor job overall. Very inconsistent and that leads to risk to player safety. Cheap shots to the head after the whistle need to be called every time.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Rekker said:

A hearty handshake from every Canuck fan and half the fans around the league.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2