[PGT] Vancouver @ Buffalo

Miss Korea

46 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

No matter how many times I look at this, all the hockey I've watched and played (in the minors) this is a rough but a fair-game hit, take-out ,,,,

Anyone want to guess what the hand motion that Pete makes after skating by the fight?

It starts at 17secs, where he's looking over at Dahlin, then he skates by the fight, then at

20secs, makes the motion.

37 minutes ago, stawns said:

If that happened today, bure would be out for the rest of the playoffs and likely a chunk of the start of next season.......so, no, Canucks fans have nothing to complain about.  That would have been the end of the run.

Probably one of the worst non calls in the history of the game.

26 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

It didn’t happen today. So there’s that. 
I was at the game, and I think that Bure got tossed from the game.

Far from one of the worst non calls in the history of the game. 

Leaf fans will say the Gretzky hit on Doug Gilmour cost them a cup and Ducks fans will tell you that the Gary Suter cross check to the face of Paul Kariya was the worst ever. No penalty, and only four game suspension for Suter.

For all intents and purposes that hit ended Kariya’s career. 

Lol, a great Canucks run but that is one bad hit. One of the worst I've ever seen I think. That was absolutely predatory and viscous. Stawns is right we were very lucky and should be thankful Bure wasn't suspended for a log time. He was a star and the league looked the other way. Thankfully like you said times were a little different and players got away with some stuff back then.

I'm not going to lie though ... I loved it at the time. If it was just a regular player I would not have liked the hit, but Churla was a huge arsehole too. Don't f#%k with Bure :frantic:  😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Anyone want to guess what the hand motion that Pete makes after skating by the fight?

It starts at 17secs, where he's looking over at Dahlin, then he skates by the fight, then at

Looks like it’s the hand motion for a dive. Petey knows Dahlin is a softy drama boy.  

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

It seems like he's just adjusting his glove (to me).

But I do love the death glare that both he and JT give Dahlin when Dahlin starts crying.

419598635_10160722046480549_597545369104

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

No intention of getting into this conversation but that was a frikin awesome hit! Dork deserved it many times over anyways. 

Met Geoff Courtnall a couple times… he said he received a wicked two handed slash from Churla just a few minutes before and he was crippled for a couple shifts from the pain above his ankle… everyone had plans to get Churla but Bure took the situation under control hahaha awesome 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

GD1coR1aUAAdD7P?format=jpg&name=small            

wow; that is still close in points and wins; Can't, or try to, stay up there...

Hey, what are the Laffs doing all the way down there? 😆

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Almost; YES...🤣..Good pick up ..

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Oh boys. I honestly really hope it IS what you think....that would make Petey such a badass.

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

20 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

It seems like he's just adjusting his glove (to me).

But I do love the death glare that both he and JT give Dahlin when Dahlin starts crying.

419598635_10160722046480549_597545369104

12 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I saw it as more of a "LFG!!" motion, like after he scores.  :hurhur:

Prove me wrong. :towel:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Considering the elbow that Bure got away with on churla, Canucks fans didn't have a lot to complain about in '94.  Bure should have been gone for the rest of the past season and a decent chunk of the following season.

My 94 comment wasn't a bias complaint, it was more just the way things were called. One teamed scored, and within a couple minutes, that team would get called for something. It seemed we could call the penalty before the ref raised his arm.

But regarding the Mother of all Elbows, didn't Churla (and perhaps other Stars) have it coming from earlier head-shots? The hit itself is bad, and should have been penalized, but that was a nasty series, and if the refs let too much go, players will take matters into their own hands. Doesn't make it right, but it's what it is.

• Cheers 4

6 minutes ago, Kragar said:

My 94 comment wasn't a bias complaint, it was more just the way things were called. One teamed scored, and within a couple minutes, that team would get called for something. It seemed we could call the penalty before the ref raised his arm.

But regarding the Mother of all Elbows, didn't Churla (and perhaps other Stars) have it coming from earlier head-shots? The hit itself is bad, and should have been penalized, but that was a nasty series, and if the refs let too much go, players will take matters into their own hands. Doesn't make it right, but it's what it is.

Oh absolutely, he was targeting Bure no question.  I'm not chastising the hit, just that we were all lucky that he was t gone for the entire playoffs, which is what should ha e happened and would happen now.

That was one of the most vicious blindsided elbows ever thrown

Edited by stawns
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Canucks have the highest odds to win the Cup!

With a big margin too…17.3% where the next team is set at 9.4%

The rest of the world and odd makers have finally caught on.

The playoff odds are now at 99.9%. That’s pretty awesome too since it’s only half way through the season.

86.8% to win the division.

https://moneypuck.com/predictions.htm

IMG_6143.png

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Oh absolutely, he was targeting Bure no question.  I'm not chastising the hit, just that we were all lucky that he was t gone for the entire playoffs, which is what should ha e happened and would happen now.

Howe would have been proud. 
The elbow and shoulder pads used to be soft back in the day. Then equipment changes made them rock hard. Should make them soft again. And wooden sticks too! And old time goalie pads. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Yah, it was, though leading up to Bure's hit on Chula, the guy was skating a around looking for a target himself.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Biggest take away from the Sabres game is that Nux can win low scoring games.  And they can take a hit and punch back.  

JT was in beast mode, answering the bell.

Big Z stood up for his teammates.  Knocked them down like Ents knocked down Orcs. 

This is a team that has enough size and grit to do well in playoffs.  This gives me optimism for the season and beyond.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Howe would have been proud. 
The elbow and shoulder pads used to be soft back in the day. Then equipment changes made them rock hard. Should make them soft again. And wooden sticks too! And old time goalie pads. 

Get rid of the helmets too. Okay maybe not that far. I agree with making the pads soft again.

• Vintage 1